Test results- documentation

apey9995

Kind of an odd question, but those of you who have had a rapid test for cruising from CVS/Walgreens etc... how detailed are the results they give you?

I was planning on getting our tests done at my employer (small doctors office) and they process their own rapid tests. The letter they give patients is just on letterhead and basically says "(pt name) received a negative antigen COVID test today" and the date (similar to a note your doctor would write you to miss work). It isn't as official looking as the Lab result which you receive for a PCR test. Wondering if this will fly or if the results I would get at CVS would look more "official". Or how closely they even look at your documentation when you check in? If anyone can provide any feedback on this I'd appreciate it!

The CVS paperwork is fully compliant and is quite detailed. No doubt the health screening folks have seen thousands of the exact same letter by now. The Carnival website gives detailed info on what needs to be on the paperwork so go read that if you plan to use another test provider.

That said, I'm not considering 'Bob's Testing Service' as my provider, not saying your employer is Bob!

Edited by jsglow

49 minutes ago, apey9995 said:

Kind of an odd question, but those of you who have had a rapid test for cruising from CVS/Walgreens etc... how detailed are the results they give you?

I was planning on getting our tests done at my employer (small doctors office) and they process their own rapid tests. The letter they give patients is just on letterhead and basically says "(pt name) received a negative antigen COVID test today" and the date (similar to a note your doctor would write you to miss work). It isn't as official looking as the Lab result which you receive for a PCR test. Wondering if this will fly or if the results I would get at CVS would look more "official". Or how closely they even look at your documentation when you check in? If anyone can provide any feedback on this I'd appreciate it!

If the letter you are referring looks anything like what I saw earlier today on another social media outlet, containing most of what you stated, it may come across as anything but official, as did what I saw earlier. I've not gotten my test at CVS yet, but I'd bet on that vs something that looks like it was just typed on a Drs office letterhead with minimal information...but thats just me....

In checking in for my recent cruise, they were looking very closely at the document and looking for the specific information required by Carnival.  The representative I got was training a new person and pointed out to be sure to look for each specific piece of information that is required.  I wouldn’t be comfortable using an informal document like the one OP described.

46 minutes ago, bar1068 said:

If the letter you are referring looks anything like what I saw earlier today on another social media outlet, containing most of what you stated, it may come across as anything but official, as did what I saw earlier. I've not gotten my test at CVS yet, but I'd bet on that vs something that looks like it was just typed on a Drs office letterhead with minimal information...but thats just me....

I would think that something on the letterhead would be fine, but my concern is if they wanted it verified and your cruise leaves on the weekend... that's probably not happening.  

My results from a major reputable lab, had no collection time on the results. It is something specified by Carnival. I decided not to sweat it because really there was nothing that necessitated it as long as there was a collection date. They went over my test results pretty closely, but never mentioned it.

2 hours ago, apey9995 said:

Sorry i tried attaching a picture of mine but got an error.  It's from CVS.  At the top it says our result (positive/negative) then about mid way down it has Test information:  Patient name, Patient dob, test type, provider, minute clinic contact information & cust svc #, collection date and collection location.

2 hours ago, bar1068 said:

Did they reject the letter you saw someone else post?

2 hours ago, dallasdan said:

My letter was pretty simple looking.  in fact I had to get them to type it up twice because the first 2 times I didn't think they would pass.  it had the clinic letter head and signed by the doctor.

Yes, that's basically what mine would be... they can add whatever details I ask but it still LOOKS simple (could easily be faked I guess). 

4 hours ago, apey9995 said:

Just tested at Walgreens and received a downloadable lab report that includes ALL info that Carnival has requested

20 hours ago, apey9995 said:

Did they reject the letter you saw someone else post?

No, it was a "discussion" similar to this. The person posted an image of the letter, and like here, folks gave their opinion as to if they thought it would be accepted at check in. 

The clinic by my house can only produce a type written letter.  In fact I had to get them to revise the letter 2 different times, because the first 2 times didn't have all of the correct information.  As you state, the letter could be easily faked.  On our cruise last month on the Breeze, there were 5 of us checking in and 2 of us were almost denied boarding because the letter didn't have the date we were tested only the date of the results.  I explained that it was a rapid test taken the same day they let us board.  Next time I will ask them to put the date tested and the result date to make sure there are not any issues.