Carnival vs. Royal Drink Package Maximum

handbellplayer

You can only have 15 alcohol beverages per day with the Carnival Cheers package.  There is no daily maximum with the RC deluxe beverage package.

On most Carnival ships, there are very few drinks available that cost more than $20.  Even top shelf liquor tends to fall well under $20 per drink on Carnival.  It's been awhile now, but on my last cruise (November 2019) on Carnival I was told that there were no individual drinks available on the ship that cost more than $20.  Not sure if that was true or applies to all ships, but it's what I was told by a bartender.  A couple years ago Carnival dropped the maximum from $50 (I think) to $20.  At the same time they removed most of the liquor options available above that cutoff.  Again, that's what I was told but can't confirm as a fact.

I've only sailed RC once but had no problems finding top shelf options available for $12 or less, but there were certainly more options available above the cutoff than there seems to be on Carnival.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, rlindholm said:

I bet wine could get more expensive.  But that's a bet, not actual knowledge.  

I'm not a wine drinker for the most part, but as I recall, Carnival has a fairly limited selection of wines available by the glass.  The ones that are available are mostly (if not all) under $20.  They have a pretty good selection of wine available by the bottle, but that obviously isn't included in Cheers.

Wine by the glass is definitely one area where RC had a lot more selection than Carnival, but a lot of those were above the $12 cutoff.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, handbellplayer said:

I just noticed that the maximum per drink with Carnival's drink package is $20 and Royal's is $12.  Is there that much of a difference in the cost of drinks, or is Carnival just more generous?  (And, at least at this moment, Carnival's package is cheaper.)

Royal's max is $13 and that is going to cover nearly every drink on their menus. Also Royal does not have a limit on drinks and it includes fresh squeezed juices or at least it used to pre-covid. Royal also allows one person to get the drink package and the other a non-alcoholic package.

29 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

What about bottled water and coffees?  Is there as difference in coverage of cappucinos, etc?

More detail on wine by the glass would be helpful.  In the past, used Cruise the Vineyards on Carnival vs a bev package?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, I do see on the list of drinks for carnival that bottled water and fancy coffees as well as virgin drinks are included in the price of the All you can drink pass.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

What about bottled water and coffees?  Is there as difference in coverage of cappucinos, etc?

More detail on wine by the glass would be helpful.  In the past, used Cruise the Vineyards on Carnival vs a bev package?

Thanks in advance.

Here's a list of most of the drink menus on Carnival currently. You'll see cocktail prices and wines by the glass. 

https://cruisespotlight.com/carnival-cruise-line-drink-menus-and-pricing

Carnival's mixed drinks are really reasonably priced, and I think the most expensive standard drink its like $14 but the standard is between $10 and $12

13 minutes ago, ray985 said:

Here's a list of most of the drink menus on Carnival currently. You'll see cocktail prices and wines by the glass. 

Carnival's mixed drinks are really reasonably priced, and I think the most expensive standard drink its like $14 but the standard is between $10 and $12

Thank you!

While I don't have personal knowledge of this, maybe it will prompt someone who has experience to confirm or deny, but -

On the Breeze, prior to 2020, someone shared with me that the bar in the steakhouse stocks the premium booze.  The claim was that the only liquor by the glass that exceeded $20 was at that bar.  You do not have to be eating at that restaurant in order to be served at the bar.  I don't remember the name of the particular spirit, but best I recall it was not distilled in Oklahoma.

1 hour ago, ray985 said:

I can't increase the font on these menus. Is there a better version?

52 minutes ago, travelplus said:

I can't increase the font on these menus. Is there a better version?

Try pressing/holding "Ctrl" and then "+" . Each time you hit "+" (with Chrome at least) it will increase the size of everything on the page.

Tom

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Try pressing/holding "Ctrl" and then "+" . Each time you hit "+" (with Chrome at least) it will increase the size of everything on the page.

Tom

You have to tap ctrl and + at the same time, don't hole them both down, just tap them both at the same time. Each time it will get bigget, to go back to normal tap ctrl and - at he same time. each tap makes it bigger or smaller

6 hours ago, wayne_trisha said:

Royal's max is $13 and that is going to cover nearly every drink on their menus. Also Royal does not have a limit on drinks and it includes fresh squeezed juices or at least it used to pre-covid. Royal also allows one person to get the drink package and the other a non-alcoholic package.

All passengers in a stateroom have to purchase the drinks package if one does unless things have changed again…

6 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Thanks in advance.

All specialty coffees, milk shakes, coffee drinks with liquors in them, bottle Powerade type drinks, bottled tea, soda by the glass, bottled water, smoothies etc are all included and not limited. They also do not count toward the 15 alcohol drinks in your 24 hour period. 

We have never come across a drink on Carnival that was over the price limit. Now, NCL on the other hand 🥴

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, emdia43 said:

All passengers in a stateroom have to purchase the drinks package if one does unless things have changed again…

Booked on Harmony OTS for March 2022 and I have the drink package and wife has the refresh package. You do not both have to have the drink package and it has been this way for at least 5 years. My wife rarely drinks and since we are diamond members we can have drinks in the diamond lounge or we get 3 (maybe 4 now) drinks per night on a sea pass card. This is how we have booked beverage packages for quite awhile now.