Live From Pride 9/19 - (eMed) Testing, Cruising, Vacationing!

Steelers0854

3 hours ago, Steelers0854 said:

Our boarding time is 2pm. We got here at 1:35 as we didn’t really know where we were going so wanted some extra time. They wouldn’t let us into the port area and told us to come back in 10 minutes.

Did they allow you to park early? We are coming up from Virginia next sunday and traffic getting through the DC area is a crapshoot, so we are giving ourselves a 45-60 minute cushion on the travel time

7 minutes ago, pogoism9 said:

Did they allow you to park early? We are coming up from Virginia next sunday and traffic getting through the DC area is a crapshoot, so we are giving ourselves a 45-60 minute cushion on the travel time

They won’t let you anywhere near the parking lot unless you are 15 minutes before your boarding time or later. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, newpherchris said:

THANK YOU for posting these! We just booked a few minutes ago for next Sunday's sailing - please feel free to post more throughout the week if you have the time 🙂

Absolutely. I could do them all now but I generally like to do them day by day. But feel free to gently remind me if I forget. 🙃

Thank you for posting all the info about food allergies!  I am gluten intolerant and we are cruising on 9/26, really wondering how it's going to be this time.  We sailed on Pride in March of 2016 and I remember it being great, but so much has changed.  Really looking forward to your posts!  Thanks!!

Enjoying a drink at the Alchemy Bar before dinner at 6. Great live country guitarist. Bar is popular, 2 bartenders. They need about 2 more plus servers for how many people are here. Menu attached below. 

masks are being worn just about all over even where it’s not required. We will see if this stays consistent over the cruise but so far so good. 

they unfortunately were not responsive to our request at GS about the down feathers in the room. They are still there and DW can spend about 5 minutes before feeling terrible. We met our Sabin steward and let him know. Hopefully after dinner they are gone. 

that’s all for now!

alchemy-bar-menu.pdf

• Like 3

Ok so it looks like when we go to the dining room they have QR code’s to scan for the menu and it gives me a wonderful pdf I can attach. So see below for a much better version of tonight’s menu. 

we were sat at a table for 4 and the couple we were sat with are awesome!  So this is going to be a great week at the dining room. 

I got the Quesadilla (it was good) Cured Salmon (very good) and Beef Brisket (a little bland but cooked perfectly). I swear they make the portion sizes smaller every cruise!

14CCD708-BEE5-4D95-9F1D-7B83DE405073.thumb.jpeg.11fd281ecc92c0f73d67ce4d0d5185af.jpeg18AFB45B-769C-4F74-8CF3-DDCF03E7C267.thumb.jpeg.0f93fceb2234e0f929828ae0eab68000.jpegCE03A29E-28AA-448B-A24C-F4BBAF1E2FB3.thumb.jpeg.a6f26f1ab9e82778e6a58424b421be5e.jpeg

DW got a plate of gluten free vegan bread, salad and grilled chicken. 

03C4CBD0-9868-47E4-9E06-9236410D12EF.thumb.jpeg.53dea45ad5d565e5b936d9c3d72f8203.jpeg884FF540-22D7-4550-9E36-4E6C44EEE8C3.thumb.jpeg.594dd67a15a14f176f8d14d084fe4624.jpeg57571A0E-E4D7-4BFB-BF02-B33162568F0A.thumb.jpeg.1a24e35e6fa6564701d81f4968b8e922.jpeg

MDR Night 1.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Food Allergy Update. Looks like the good old days are gone. They don’t appear to be willing to do anything special or anything that isn’t on the menu. 

On Princess for example they would make DW a different dessert every evening and surprise her and they were delicious. Even on Carnival before they would customize the meals more so each evening. Now they come by with their tablet and app and they show her what she can eat. She could only get 1 or 2 entrees and that’s all. Unfortunately if this is going to be the new normal that’s probably going to push us to a different cruise line. We are going to talk with our waiter tomorrow in more detail. We didn’t want to hold up service on the first night. 

I do want to caveat this by saying we realize that we are asking for something that isn’t part of the normal plan. And while disappointed, we aren’t upset about it. But with our experience on Celebrity and Princess being so wonderful we will more than likely have to stick with those brands. But it’s early on so more to come!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Steelers0854 said:

Food Allergy Update. Looks like the good old days are gone. They don’t appear to be willing to do anything special or anything that isn’t on the menu. 

On Princess for example they would make DW a different dessert every evening and surprise her and they were delicious. Even on Carnival before they would customize the meals more so each evening. Now they come by with their tablet and app and they show her what she can eat. She could only get 1 or 2 entrees and that’s all. Unfortunately if this is going to be the new normal that’s probably going to push us to a different cruise line. We are going to talk with our waiter tomorrow in more detail. We didn’t want to hold up service on the first night. 

I do want to caveat this by saying we realize that we are asking for something that isn’t part of the normal plan. And while disappointed, we aren’t upset about it. But with our experience on Celebrity and Princess being so wonderful we will more than likely have to stick with those brands. But it’s early on so more to come!

This is disappointing.  I travel sometimes with a friend who has Celiac's.  The last time we cruised together we both were so impressed with how above and beyond Carnival went to accommodate her dietary needs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers0854 said:

This is so disappointing to hear 😞 Is she being limited specifically by the gluten restriction or it it a combo of all three? 

7 hours ago, Steelers0854 said:

Our boarding time is 2pm. We got here at 1:35 as we didn’t really know where we were going so wanted some extra time. They wouldn’t let us into the port area and told us to come back in 10 minutes. So not sure if it’s just this individual that’s working or if all of them are sticking strictly to the boarding times but just be advised you may get turned away if you arrive too early. also apparently we are supposed to know to ignore the signs that say keep right for passenger drop off and pickup and left for parking. It’s apparently just one line to the right.  Guess I left my mind reading hat at home lol. 

There aren’t exactly a lot of parking places around but we found a place to sit in time out and are just waiting now. 😎

Dang, we might just stay in Pittsburgh and do the last of the drive on embark day. Not much reason to get in early except of course worry about the car breaking down or something.

Hello….good info on 1st Pride cruise after the restart. We’re on the 26th sailing. Couple questions if I could.

On the MDR menu, they show a Bonsai option you could have in the MDR similar to the Steakhouse Selections?

The Seafood Corner, where is that on the ship? Are those MDR options or is that a spot somewhere on the ship I’m missing on the deck maps?

Thanks!

Ok so it looks like when we go to the dining room they have QR code’s to scan for the menu and it gives me a wonderful pdf I can attach. So see below for a much better version of tonight’s menu. 

MDR Night 1.pdf 443.65 kB · 11 downloads

Thank you so much for posting the pdf MDR menus!  This will help my mom our so much since she doesn't have a phone.  

I was curious what the cured salmon was, so I'm glad you posted that too.  I'm squeamish when it comes to raw food and I didn't realize that's what it was.  

Your review is awesome!!!  You are making me want to jump on ship now.  🙂

8 hours ago, iamsteph said:

This is so disappointing to hear 😞 Is she being limited specifically by the gluten restriction or it it a combo of all three? 

it’s because of the combination of the 3. I’m guessing if you just have a gluten allergy or just have a dairy allergy the. You will have a much better experience. They basically rely 100% on this app now and if something contains your allergen then it’s red and they won’t do anything about it. Some dishes can be made to avoid the allergen but again it’s just what the app tells them. So for tomorrow night her choice was the chicken she had tonight or prime rib and a fruit plate for dessert. Where before DW would look at the menu and select what she wanted and they would make any necessary modifications. Now she’s basically told what to eat. 

6 hours ago, bar1068 said:

Hello….good info on 1st Pride cruise after the restart. We’re on the 26th sailing. Couple questions if I could.

On the MDR menu, they show a Bonsai option you could have in the MDR similar to the Steakhouse Selections?

The Seafood Corner, where is that on the ship? Are those MDR options or is that a spot somewhere on the ship I’m missing on the deck maps?

Thanks!

Not sure what the first question was.

the Seafood Corner is located in the buffet, it’s basically one of the stations converted into a specialty restaurant. The food looked great TBH and the prices are reasonable. I thought about possibly eating there it looked so good. 

6 hours ago, nina_930 said:

Thank you so much for posting the pdf MDR menus!  This will help my mom our so much since she doesn't have a phone.  

I was curious what the cured salmon was, so I'm glad you posted that too.  I'm squeamish when it comes to raw food and I didn't realize that's what it was.  

Your review is awesome!!!  You are making me want to jump on ship now.  🙂

I’m as happy as you are lol because taking the screenshots and uploading them all were a pain!  Glad you’re enjoying it thus far. We are having a wonderful time. 

5 hours ago, JandPB said:

Happy to read this as well as other “live from” reviews. This is getting us ready for our cruise on the Glory in 4 weeks. Love the detail and the information. 

glad you’re enjoying the review thus far and I hope you have a wonderful time on the Glory!

Not sure what the first question was.

the Seafood Corner is located in the buffet, it’s basically one of the stations converted into a specialty restaurant. The food looked great TBH and the prices are reasonable. I thought about possibly eating there it looked so good. 

Thanks for the response, that Seafood Corner sounds like it will be worth a try. Was it open for dinner or just lunch?

As for my Bonsai question, it's on the MDR menu you posted under the Steakhouse Selections, The Bonsai Ship, was just curious if that's an option some nights in the MDR similar to the Steakhouse Selection option. No biggie, we'll know for sure starting Sunday, but sometimes I like to know pre-cruise about dining options. Thanks again.mdr_bonsai.thumb.jpeg.effd98b27b8ba95aa8181c226aa089aa.jpeg

4 hours ago, Steelers0854 said:

Sounds like someone I know is going to eat a ton of shrimp next week 😅

1 hour ago, bar1068 said:

Thanks for the response, that Seafood Corner sounds like it will be worth a try. Was it open for dinner or just lunch?

As for my Bonsai question, it's on the MDR menu you posted under the Steakhouse Selections, The Bonsai Ship, was just curious if that's an option some nights in the MDR similar to the Steakhouse Selection option. No biggie, we'll know for sure starting Sunday, but sometimes I like to know pre-cruise about dining options. Thanks again.mdr_bonsai.thumb.jpeg.effd98b27b8ba95aa8181c226aa089aa.jpeg

Oh gotcha. Yes it is on the menu each night even tonight as a formal night. 

it was a beautiful morning and down right chilly out. We headed up and did some laps on deck 10 before showering and getting ready for the day. At 9:15 we headed down for Brunch. We checked in on the app (they make you do this even if you just show up you may have to wait for a table if you didn’t check in in advance). And by the time we walked down our table was ready. You do get the option to select if you want to share or not. Brunch menu attached at the bottom. 

Food Allergy Update: they really want you to order in advance. So we should have ordered breakfast the night before at dinner. They were able to do the steak from the steak and eggs, French Fries, spinach and bacon on the fly for DW. But it sounds like she can get hash browns if she orders in advance. 

she said the steak was good and overall the breakfast was good. 

3497B4B4-6A34-4EA2-A8B0-EC7AE5EA5D13.thumb.jpeg.d0eb9006897cbc36549ccb6fea04dab5.jpeg

I got the #2 juice and it was excellent. Beware though these are NOT included in Cheers!  Go figure I can get a $10 mixed drink but not a $5 juice. But it was worth it so I wasn’t too upset, probably my fault for not reading some fine print somewhere. 

I got the voyager burger and it was excellent!

FD4DC166-6C58-4FA8-B15C-E789ABD6EFAC.thumb.jpeg.d0e25995c8fc589cf27675fa75703b84.jpeg

Brunch wasn’t crowded and I passed what I think is the French toast on my way out. Omg, that may be tomorrow’s breakfast!

Brunch Menu.pdf

• Like 3

Let’s catch up on some miscellaneous items. 

-Internet has been terrible, it was out for several hours so far today and painfully slow. Guess the Premium package just means they don’t block access to specific sites, not that you will have enough bandwidth to access them lol. This was a speed test from yesterday as we went to sea. I can’t even test it today. 

45B039A2-B539-4E24-9AEE-EDAC3268E0DD.thumb.jpeg.ecb477654eed36f684677419e5951c11.jpeg

-Ship is definitely showing its age. It’s in need of a major dry dock. Our cabin bathroom light takes 90 seconds to come on, cabin steward says that’s common, and the furniture etc is generally worn down. On the bright side this has to be the biggest shower I’ve ever had on a ship. In addition our balcony is huge!

-DW is enjoying a coffee and I’m contemplating a drink at the Serenity bar as we sit out here enjoying the beautiful morning. Menus for both:

serenity-bar-menu.pdf

java-coffee-menu.pdf

• Like 2