New requirements for passengers from Ireland and UK

Beamafar

MSC now requires all Irish and UK passengers to be fully vaccinated AND have a negative PCR test within 72 hours of embarkation.  The following is from the Ireland site; similar wording regarding UK travellers can be found on the UK site:

All Irish residents aged 12 and over that are due to embark one of our ships sailing in Europe will be required to be fully vaccinated for at least 14 days from before embarkation day with one of the accepted vaccines (BioNTech Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson) and will need a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours before embarkation. A valid certificate (written in English, Italian, Spanish, French or German) will thus be mandatorily requested at embarkation to all guests over 12 years of age.

https://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/Itinerary-Updates.aspx

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/itinerary-updates

Edited by Beamafar

It’s doubtful.  Italy is introducing measures from Oct 15th whereby their workers will need proof of a Green Pass, a recent negative test or recovery from Covid within the last 6 months to access their workplace.  Perhaps this is why MSC has introduced this new requirement?

4 minutes ago, soloadventurer said:

Jesus what a Horlicks - you’d think MSC would email you.

Thought that, too.  Fortunately I have a friend who saw it posted elsewhere and gave me the heads-up.

We really shouldn’t have to be depending on social media for information as important as this.

I am totally disillusioned with MSC and the nonsense I’ve had to deal with in relation to next month’s cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

Thought that, too.  Fortunately I have a friend who saw it posted elsewhere and gave me the heads-up.

We really shouldn’t have to be depending on social media for information as important as this.

I am totally disillusioned with MSC and the nonsense I’ve had to deal with in relation to next month’s cruise.

Thanks Bea, hadn't picked this requirement up until you posted this thread. We are booked 17 Nov repositioning sailing Barcelona to Martinique for the winter Caribbean season. Right now non-Schengens cannot board, based on website information, but they were happy to take our final payment last month....and I was stupid enough to pay it!

What cruise is yours?

They changed that restriction, G, and are allowing non-Schengen to board since Sept 6th.  As long as you’re not going to any US ports, there’s no reason why you won’t be able to embark.   Mind you, I see the website is indicating that only applies to Med and Northern Europe sailings, so I’m probably wrong. 

I believe this new change about needing the test was only published on the website today.  

We’re on the Oct 22nd Seashore 7 night from Barcelona.   Originally booked an inside as we had both a YC and an Aurea booked for this year and had a voucher from Mera to use, so booked a cheapy.  I upgraded to a balcony yesterday. We have YC booked on her for next March from Miami but that looks iffy due to US restrictions that don’t look like they’ll be lifted any time soon. 

7 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

They changed that restriction, G, and are allowing non-Schengen to board since Sept 6th.  As long as you’re not going to any US ports, there’s no reason why you won’t be able to embark.   Mind you, I see the website is indicating that only applies to Med and Northern Europe sailings, so I’m probably wrong. 

Yes, that's correct, the problem is we're heading outwith the Med. There's time yet for it to work out, but really frustrating.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Bea ... I am guessing that they will still do a test at the pier also before boarding, seems to be a money making farce to me, only good thing is UK cruisers will not need to pay for a test onboard to return after their cruise.

12 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I expect we’ll have to do a test on embarkation day, alright.  We did for NCL last week.  We also had a test done on the day before disembarkation at the cruise line’s expense. 

Did you do a test in Barcelona prior to the cruise ? Also did you fill in a passenger form italy?

thanks

Yes, everyone had to have an antigen test done at the port before embarkation.  There was no charge for this.  But, if you’re asking if we did a separate test prior to the cruise, then the answer is no.  It wasn’t required by NCL. 

We didn’t need a PLF for Italy as we didn’t get off the ship at any of the Italian ports, but those who did, needed to fill one out. 

27 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Yes, everyone had to have an antigen test done at the port before embarkation.  There was no charge for this.  But, if you’re asking if we did a separate test prior to the cruise, then the answer is no.  It wasn’t required by NCL. 

We didn’t need a PLF for Italy as we didn’t get off the ship at any of the Italian ports, but those who did, needed to fill one out. 

Thanks - was a this a ship form ?

because you can’t fill the online one out as it only gives Italian ports were the cruise ends.

B7F9A118-46AE-4EAB-8A8D-645812788A03.jpeg

1 minute ago, soloadventurer said:

Thanks - was a this a ship form ?

because you can’t fill the online one out as it only gives Italian ports were the cruise ends.

B7F9A118-46AE-4EAB-8A8D-645812788A03.jpeg

Sorry - I’ve no idea.  If you check out the NCL roll call for Sept 5th or the thread on the forum “Anyone on Epic?” there may be something about it there or you might pose the question there if not.  

20 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I’ve just received an email from MSC informing me of the new requirement:

5E4E2646-4507-4DB4-8878-01D0AC89CE31.thumb.png.453355f47e2d2885c28937f2563937d9.png

D0CC81B5-D6D1-4739-B239-5FF88BDA519A.thumb.png.ffc61e1f4cc09498735a4e490359bab7.png

I have just received the same email

It's as though they dont want people to travel with them

More and more restrictions 

And each time offering cruise credit if you choose not to travel

3 minutes ago, nickam said:

I have just received the same email

It's as though they dont want people to travel with them

More and more restrictions 

And each time offering cruise credit if you choose not to travel

They’re certainly placing a lot of obstacles in the way, that’s for sure.  The FCC will only be to the value of what you’ve paid, too.  No more +25%.  

In addition I have been given a check in time of 11:50 

My flight doesnt land in barcelona until 12:15

Emailed them to change it to later and was informed that they are not available to change on request due to social distancing

2 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

It’s ridiculous.  I’ve friends who are cruising in the next couple of weeks and have also been given a time slot and are saying that MSC advises that they must adhere to it. 

Basically what was said in email when I asked them to change it

2 minutes ago, sidari said:

It certainly looks like MSC want to stop those from the UK and Ireland traveling, if that's their plan then make no more bookings with them. We now have cruising apartheid!

They’re only offering FCCs if these new requirements don’t suit - not refunds!   They’re only interested in holding onto our money and forcing us to make another booking with it. 

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, sidari said:

It certainly looks like MSC want to stop those from the UK and Ireland traveling, if that's their plan then make no more bookings with them. We now have cruising apartheid!

I think msc has decided is let uk and ireland passengers to sail but with restriction after restriction to put them off sailing

MSC then dont have to actually cancel and refund those passengers when they decide to cancel themselves

• Like 1