QM balcony (sheltered)

Wake Watcher

4 hours ago, D&N said:

That was my take on it going by all the photos that can be found online. We'd identified the 4 areas from deck plans. Some of the photos suggest a fairly dull environment (could simply be the lighting). But certainly not as impressive as parts of the MDR.

We've ended up in Club due to having more FCC than expected from bookings cancelled during the non sailing period. We're on a table for 2 but we're not completely antisocial and would perhaps exchange a few words with folk at neighbouring tables as we might do in a land based restaurant.

If you were in the MDR and tucked away in some far flung corner it wouldn't make much difference but I imagine the ambiance is quite pleasant if you can get a table in the central lower section with the high ceiling or even at the edge of the upper level looking down at what all the diners on the lower level are doing! 😂

D&N,

I really don't think you will go wrong in the Club. We had the opportunity to experience each side of the Club and how pleasant. As stated about the outer part of the Club is a separate area away from the Britannia and close to that wall you will hear all the noise from the Britannia, and it can be noisy and not pleasant. Not what you want to experience in a Pre Grill Experience.

True the ceilings can be low but will be seating down and they make it pleasant. The last time we were in the rear DR and liked it very much. It allows you be become more imitate with the staff.

You will meet other passengers as the tables are not too far away but close enough to communicate with others.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

D&N,

I really don't think you will go wrong in the Club. We had the opportunity to experience each side of the Club and how pleasant. As stated about the outer part of the Club is a separate area away from the Britannia and close to that wall you will hear all the noise from the Britannia, and it can be noisy and not pleasant. Not what you want to experience in a Pre Grill Experience.

True the ceilings can be low but will be seating down and they make it pleasant. The last time we were in the rear DR and liked it very much. It allows you be become more imitate with the staff.

You will meet other passengers as the tables are not too far away but close enough to communicate with others.

Thanks for your, and other folks comments. I'm quite sure we will enjoy whatever we encounter. We're not averse to noise, hustle and bustle. I'd draw the line at being right outside a busy toilet or kitchen door! But we'll take it as it comes.

We want to take as much from the trip as we can, so it's good to know everything possible in advance. We're unlikely to repeat the experience, it's a one off. Having planned our move to the Cote d'Azur from Scotland for 15 years, 6 years after the move I still don't really want to leave the place any more than I'm forced to. And our cats don't appreciate being left with sitters.

QM2 is a substitute for a bucket list item I came up with 30 years ago; fly west on Concorde, stay in New York and return east on QE2, which was of course built only a few miles across the city from where I was brought up. Neither of the original modes of transport being in service now, I came up with QM2 both ways with New York sandwiched between. Those plans were cancelled in 2020 & 2021 and in case the same happened this year we booked a round trip on QM2 and will fly to New York a few weeks later. We enjoy cruising but would only go for destinations: Alaska, Panama Transit and now QM2 crossing followed by New York by air, completes our list.

1 hour ago, D&N said:

Thanks for your, and other folks comments. I'm quite sure we will enjoy whatever we encounter. We're not averse to noise, hustle and bustle. I'd draw the line at being right outside a busy toilet or kitchen door! But we'll take it as it comes.

We want to take as much from the trip as we can, so it's good to know everything possible in advance. We're unlikely to repeat the experience, it's a one off. Having planned our move to the Cote d'Azur from Scotland for 15 years, 6 years after the move I still don't really want to leave the place any more than I'm forced to. And our cats don't appreciate being left with sitters.

QM2 is a substitute for a bucket list item I came up with 30 years ago; fly west on Concorde, stay in New York and return east on QE2, which was of course built only a few miles across the city from where I was brought up. Neither of the original modes of transport being in service now, I came up with QM2 both ways with New York sandwiched between. Those plans were cancelled in 2020 & 2021 and in case the same happened this year we booked a round trip on QM2 and will fly to New York a few weeks later. We enjoy cruising but would only go for destinations: Alaska, Panama Transit and now QM2 crossing followed by New York by air, completes our list.

Cruise Experiences

Knowing others will add their suggestions, one will start the process

Verandah: Fuit de Mer Platter, followed by the Wagu

Edited by PORT ROYAL
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Cruise Experiences

Knowing others will add their suggestions, one will start the process

Verandah: Fuit de Mer Platter, followed by the Wagu

🤣🤣 Thank you but this is part of the reason I have no inclination to leave home. Last Saturday night's restaurant does super seafood and of course we're only 8 miles from the institution of "Café de Turin" in Nice. And there's Wagu in the freezer, which we bought for visitors coming from Scotland at New Year before Mr Macron closed the border!

Sample menus for the Verandah don't really appeal. We've followed what most people would term a Mediterranean diet for over 20 years. Britannia/Club are looking good. I note they sometimes have snails, which I like. I rarely have them at home as my wife won't touch them, as a couple it's easier if we both have same things, but in a restaurant she can have something else. Generally I'd rather have a plate of oysters than mixed seafood. Nora won't consider them either.

On 3/22/2022 at 11:27 AM, D&N said:

🤣🤣 Thank you but this is part of the reason I have no inclination to leave home. Last Saturday night's restaurant does super seafood and of course we're only 8 miles from the institution of "Café de Turin" in Nice. And there's Wagu in the freezer, which we bought for visitors coming from Scotland at New Year before Mr Macron closed the border!

Sample menus for the Verandah don't really appeal. We've followed what most people would term a Mediterranean diet for over 20 years. Britannia/Club are looking good. I note they sometimes have snails, which I like. I rarely have them at home as my wife won't touch them, as a couple it's easier if we both have same things, but in a restaurant she can have something else. Generally I'd rather have a plate of oysters than mixed seafood. Nora won't consider them either.

Hi D&N,

Just a mention from a previous post, we too loved the QE2 for the many sailings we had on her. She was special and unique but love QM2 now in her place.

We too are not such fans Verandah menu also even though with Diamond level we will have a freebie Lunch as a level perk and will try it during our next sailing. Wouldn't have a dinner since we too are very happy now and on past sailings with Club B menus and Pre Grill Experience.

IMHO, we come out of there satisfied with the choices offered to us. This will be our first 14 day sailing coming up and don't know when we would see repeat menus. On the last sailing we even had special tableside preps off the menu our DR Capt made for us.  

• Like 1