On the scale we go

Don't you dare say no

Was your yell a good one

Was your yell a bad one

Tell us did the numbers go down, up or stay in the same spot

What ever one it was you'll be  good today

Because next week there's another Weigh-In Thursday

Hi all!

Belle ~ I yelled for joy! Like Jan I'm down a pound, only 15.2 more to go!!

To answer a question from the previous thread DH lost his weight in 2 days of not eating lunch or supper, so was happy about that. I OTOH have never missed a meal so don't think that's the route I'd take.

Have a nice day & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

👍losses Jo & Jan and Irena for maintaining.  I'm up but expected that. Still down from when I started. 

Belle, I've also been looking at the new cruise alternatives.  A little concerned about going to Florida but the SF alternatives aren't that enticing. I think I'll be hunting for N95s again. The last ones were do tight I couldn't keep them on. At least it's a red eye so I'll take a sleeping pill to fly cross country

Hello Everyone

Jan---Yes take it, don't throw it back. How is your weather up there?

Jo--Glad you yelled for joy, your goal is in sight. Sure your husband is a nice guy but

men and weight loss---.BOOOOO

Izena--No gain is always good. Your dog should be so happy that you walk him/her

each day.

Ombud--Sorry up some but know you'll go down. About cruising right now don't really care

where I cruise. Just easy and safe.. Might just stay on ship right now. Just want to cruise.

Yes not sure I would want to cruise from Florida right now either.  Not looking there now.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Hope we all can stay with eating healthy which

is harder on the weekends sometimes. We can get bored, be in a mood ect and eat to much.

Wishing us all the best.

Belle,  I thought my cruise from Florida would have similar or covid rates as as they are here here. But that was before Delta. I would prefer to go from the West Coast but I really don't want to do Mexico again. If I do Mexico I would not get off the ship.  No offense to them, but I've been there so many times I would probably just veg out on my balcony.

We can do the weekend folks. 

Hello to you quiet people today. What's going on?

No Good mornings or afternoons wishes from any one. Everyone busy.

How's your eating going? I'm doing good so far. Wishing you are too.

Ombud right now just want to cruise and not fly to far or not at all.

Still working on what I want to do. Hope I get some free or good offers

posted for me soon for Dec. Got 1 would like 2 more. Not greedy am I?

Take care all

• Like 1

I am doing very well Belle.  Having a very quiet day here - have been in the house with DH, and watching golf (his idea) and football (also his idea).   I just like that we are spending time together and it is peaceful and quiet.

Babysat our grandson (3 months old now - I think).  He smiles and is very happy when he is held.  He loves being talked to.  Such a cutie!

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.  Jan

Hi, I just saw this thread. We have a 15 day TA scheduled in Oct 2022 and will be doing 3 weeks in Italy before that. It's a long way out but I still have about 60lbs to lose (down 42 so far). A new travel wardrobe for this trip is my goal. Julie

• Like 1

Welcome Julie  As you read you know we weigh-in every Thursday but

you can come in everyday and talk. We of course talk about how we're trying

to lose weight, give tips and ask questions but also talk about how are days are going.

Your allowed to vent in here about anything.  Venting helps the stress and helps in

losing. Main plus makes you feel better.

Mainly weighing in each week keeps us accountable. You can do it, lose more weight for

Italy and your cruise. Congrats on your weight loss so far. Please give us tips on how you lost

your weight so far.

Caught myself overdoing snacks last night.  This morning I took my treat basket - everything in 100 calorie portions- took it to a extra bedroom, placed on high shelve in a zippered  storage cube.  The treat tasted so good.  I’ll try do do without for a week.  If that works I will take out one snack a day.   Also going to punish myself with a big glass of water every time I think of cheating. 

weather is great. Going to walk the neighborhood i weekend mornings — too many bikers  the park - lack of parking - most aren’t courteous or show proper etiquette to walkers. 

heres a chuckle for everyone — my iPhone somehow defaulted to a very lo brightness -  I thought it was committing suicide so went to Verizon store. Somehow it worked great for them sent home  with phone  that was “working fine”. Got home again could barely see the screen— did find where to increase brightness (it was on only 10% so moved it 50)  I dislike technology.    

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Belle said:

Please give us tips on how you lost your weight so far.

I have been doing Lindora Diet. They have centers here in Southern California. It is similar to a keto diet with a carb range to track, but with portion control and low fat. I weigh in most weekdays at the center and they review my food log and I get a vitamin shot (not sure if that helps, but can't hurt).

The portions are similar to every diet - 3 oz protein, 1 cup veg etc.

Breakfast is 1 protein and either a fruit or a grain
Lunch and Dinner 1 protein, 1 veg, 1 fruit and 2 cups greens (I usually have roma tomato or 1/4c avocado for the fruit)

3 protein snacks between each meal

It's easy because it is a petty set menu but hard because it is a strict diet. Of course I lost the most at the beginning. But the last 4 months we have been taking domestic trips every month Santa Fe, Paso Robles, Boston, New Orleans next month) so when I'm home I'm "On plan" and when we are traveling I just try not to screw up badly - and walk a lot.

I have finally got my husband to share when we are out - order a meal and an app. I find many 100 calorie pack type snacks just make me want more so I avoid them and other "treats". 

• Like 1

Irena, love moving the treat basket. 1 may be 100 calories but 4 are NOT!! 

I make a mental distinction between the kinds of calories. 100 calories of grapes & carrots aren't necessarily the same as 100 calories of chips

Welcome, Julia!! You're well on your way. 

I had intended to put away my summer clothes today as it's COLD!! 70° going to be up to 73°. But I looked ahead to the weekend and it's  F 91°, Sa 95°, & Su 93° so I have 3 more summer days at least

9/28 having problems posting. Write hit submit and it disappears

Julie - great plan.  You can accomplish your goal.  Shortly after pandemic hit last year I took my health seriously.  With the support from this site I have stayed focused and  hit my goal of losing 100lbs.  In process of bldg new wardrobe.  Now the scary part — maintaining and not falling  back to bad habits. 

• Like 1