Proof of vaccine?

three ring

My husband and I will be cruising on Celebrity Constellation in the new year.  We’re Canadian and wondered what they were requiring as proof of vaccination? So far we just have a certificate of vaccination that we can print from our provincial website and I wondered if this is enough

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, three ring said:

My husband and I will be cruising on Celebrity Constellation in the new year.  We’re Canadian and wondered what they were requiring as proof of vaccination? So far we just have a certificate of vaccination that we can print from our provincial website and I wondered if this is enough

Trudeau is apparently working on a federal travel vaccine.

55 minutes ago, Cg52 said:

Trudeau is apparently working on a federal travel vaccine.

No he's not. The feds are working on a vaccination passport. But it's not likely to be ready for a couple of months, and no one knows what it will look like, or how well it will be accepted in other countries.

For now, all you can do, OP, is print out the Ontario vaccination  certificate. But since it only gives the specifics of your second dose, you'd also be wise to print out the page for your first shot as well. Both should have the watermark. I saved the PDFs  and shrunk them so they fit on one page.

Edited by mom says

1 hour ago, three ring said:

Thank you. I didn’t realize that there was a Canadian section. I’ll check there

I don't have a water mark on my 2 vaccine copies. I downloaded the ones from the Ontario ministry of health site to my phone as they are now needed to enter certain venues. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I don't have a water mark on my 2 vaccine copies. I downloaded the ones from the Ontario ministry of health site to my phone as they are now needed to enter certain venues. 

When did you download them? I thought that the watermarked versions have been the only ones available since the summer. I download DW's and my copies for both shots on June 16 and all four PDFs have the watermark.

41 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

When did you download them? I thought that the watermarked versions have been the only ones available since the summer. I download DW's and my copies for both shots on June 16 and all four PDFs have the watermark.

@Fouremco Oh yes I see it now. Thank you for pointing that out. I filed the original copies received when I got our vaccines. I downloaded the copies from the Ministry on Tuesday as needed for certain venues.

42 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

@Fouremco Oh yes I see it now. Thank you for pointing that out. I filed the original copies received when I got our vaccines. I downloaded the copies from the Ministry on Tuesday as needed for certain venues.

And at some point over the next few weeks, October 22 at the latest, an "enhanced" version with a QR code will be available. Intended to meet the Ontario passport requirement for those who won't/can't use the app, I don't know whether it will be suitable for cruise lines. As the current version is accepted, I'll probably stay with it for cruising.

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

I don't know whether it will be suitable for cruise lines. As the current version is accepted, I'll probably stay with it for cruising.

Yes me too. I've done so much research not taking any chances. I'll take a printed copy as well as the one downloaded to my phone. Dose #1 says Covishield and #2 is Astrazeneca. From what I read both are acceptable 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Have you had issues with your CDC issued card?  

I haven't had any problem having it accepted. My issue with it is that it's just a kettle piece of paper that is easily lost or damaged. Fortunately, many now are willing to accept a photograph. 

It would be nice to have ready access to an official record should something go awry.

I would recommend bringing along a paper copy of the Vac card.    On our recent cruise we had to show it and carry it with us each time we left the ship.  One once was it check when leaving the port.   I really would preferred to have a copy instead of the original on me

On 9/27/2021 at 3:58 PM, drakes2 said:

Yes me too. I've done so much research not taking any chances. I'll take a printed copy as well as the one downloaded to my phone. Dose #1 says Covishield and #2 is Astrazeneca. From what I read both are acceptable 

It is my understanding the cruise lines (at least Princess and Celebrity) will not accept Astrazeneca vaccine.  I have friends from Ontario that are waiting to cruise because the wife received one mRNA vaccine and one AZ.  If you know anything I would be thrilled to pass that along to them!

54 minutes ago, durangokid said:

It is my understanding the cruise lines (at least Princess and Celebrity) will not accept Astrazeneca vaccine.  I have friends from Ontario that are waiting to cruise because the wife received one mRNA vaccine and one AZ.  If you know anything I would be thrilled to pass that along to them!

A double dose of AstraZeneca is accepted, but an AZ - mRNA mix is not. With the US decision to open its borders to UK and European travellers, there will be other voices joining those of Canadian officials trying to get the CDC to reconsider its stance on mixed vaccines.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

A double dose of AstraZeneca is accepted, but an AZ - mRNA mix is not. With the US decision to open its borders to UK and European travellers, there will be other voices joining those of Canadian officials trying to get the CDC to reconsider its stance on mixed vaccines.

What group/demographic from US can travel to Canada?

1 hour ago, durangokid said:

Astrazeneca is still not FDA approved however is accepted by the WHO also Celebrity. As of now one cannot mix a viral vector and an Mrna vaccine but that could change in the near future. Answers to these questions can be found on Celebrity's site under Healthy at Sea.

16 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

What group/demographic from US can travel to Canada?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by group/demographic. In a general sense, there is no group or demographic excluded from entry to Canada. Like any country, Canada does have entry requirements, but they are for individuals. On the other hand, I suppose that you could say that a terrorist cell constitutes a group, and its members wouldn't be allowed entry, but even then, it would be based on an assessment of the eligibility of each individual.

5 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by group/demographic. In a general sense, there is no group or demographic excluded from entry to Canada. Like any country, Canada does have entry requirements, but they are for individuals. On the other hand, I suppose that you could say that a terrorist cell constitutes a group, and its members wouldn't be allowed entry, but even then, it would be based on an assessment of the eligibility of each individual.

I am reasonably certain that you know what I am referring to here.  Tossing in terrorists serves no purpose.  Apparently you miss being the Covid vaccine “expert” on CC. Have a lovely evening.

40 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Astrazeneca is still not FDA approved however is accepted by the WHO also Celebrity. As of now one cannot mix a viral vector and an Mrna vaccine but that could change in the near future. Answers to these questions can be found on Celebrity's site under Healthy at Sea.

Yes, that is the reason they had to cancel the Equinox we were supposed to cruise on as a group.  I don't think it is right they should be penalized for doing what their government/guidelines recommended at that time!  We are double vaccinated with Moderna and waiting to see about boosters. Getting our flu shots the second week of October so we have that before we cruise on November 7,

33 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I am reasonably certain that you know what I am referring to here.  Tossing in terrorists serves no purpose.  Apparently you miss being the Covid vaccine “expert” on CC. Have a lovely evening.

Like Fouremco, I have no idea what you are referring to. And that snide remark regarding "vaccine expert" was uncalled for. He happens to have an excellent grasp on the vaccine requirements for Canadians, and travellers coming into Canada.

ANY American who wishes to travel to Canada,( and does not have a criminal record or is on a watch list) must have a valid passport,  a negative PCR test taken within 72 hrs of arrival, and proof of vaccination with an approved vaccine. All of the vaccines currently approved by the CDC are acceptable. The necessary information must have been uploaded to the ARRIVECan app before entry.

Does that answer your question, or was there a specific group of people that you have concerns about?

Edited by mom says
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, durangokid said:

Yes, that is the reason they had to cancel the Equinox we were supposed to cruise on as a group.  I don't think it is right they should be penalized for doing what their government/guidelines recommended at that time!  We are double vaccinated with Moderna and waiting to see about boosters. Getting our flu shots the second week of October so we have that before we cruise on November 7,

When vaccines were available to Canadians it was recommended we take the first one offered which I believe was the AZ. Then Pfizer and Moderna were offered as dose #2 which unfortunately for many of us is still not accepted by the cruiselines but I'm sure that won't be the case going forward. I guess from a cruising perspective I was lucky to get 2 astrazeneca. My DH who no longer cruises received Pfizer as his second shot. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mom says said:

Like Fouremco, I have no idea what you are referring to. And that snide remark regarding "vaccine expert" was uncalled for. He happens to have an excellent grasp on the vaccine requirements for Canadians, and travellers coming into Canada.

ANY American who wishes to travel to Canada,( and does not have a criminal record or is on a watch list) must have a valid passport,  a negative PCR test taken within 72 hrs of arrival, and proof of vaccination with an approved vaccine. All of the vaccines currently approved by the CDC are acceptable. The necessary information must have been uploaded to the ARRIVECan app before entry.

Does that answer your question, or was there a specific group of people that you have concerns about?

A bit defensive are we?!  No specific group, was a pretty generic question re the title of the thread, but certainly was not referring to terrorists, So Where that came from I’ve no clue.  Be well