CVS Antigen Rapid Testing - a question

Gma&Gpa

For those of you that have have your Rapid Antigen testing at CVS - did you have to wait the at pharmacy for your results?  I was of the understanding they would be sent to you, but we booked our todays - and their instructions say that you are to remain in your car for the results.  I'm not sure that is truly the case but need to know - as we are heading out for the drive to Miami after the tests are completed.  It's a long drive and I don't want to lose more time than we already are by getting the test done that morning.

5 minutes ago, Gma&Gpa said:

For those of you that have have your Rapid Antigen testing at CVS - did you have to wait the at pharmacy for your results?  I was of the understanding they would be sent to you, but we booked our todays - and their instructions say that you are to remain in your car for the results.  I'm not sure that is truly the case but need to know - as we are heading out for the drive to Miami after the tests are completed.  It's a long drive and I don't want to lose more time than we already are by getting the test done that morning.

No.  We've done it twice, including today.  We tested and were sent on our way.  Within about an hour we got a verbal call about our negative result.  Roughly an hour or two after that we received both a text and an email with our written results.  Printed and tucked safely with our Passports and Vax cards.  Ready to go. I believe but am not certain that having a copy saved on your phone works but you might want to confirm.  I'm sure others will know.  Just don't show up with the link.  Have the actual report.

Edited by jsglow

7 minutes ago, Gma&Gpa said:

1 minute ago, jsglow said:

No.  We've done it twice, including today.  We tested and were sent on our way.  Within about an hour we got a verbal call about our negative result.  Roughly an hour or two after that we received both a text and an email with our written results.  Printed and tucked safely with our Passports and Vax cards.  Ready to go.

Sounds like different CVS's are doing it differently.  We never received instructions to wait in our car, never received a call.  We were handed a swab and were on our way in 5 minutes.  By the time we got home we had both a text and an email with our wonderful NEGATIVE results.

1 minute ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Sounds like different CVS's are doing it differently.  We never received instructions to wait in our car, never received a call.  We were handed a swab and were on our way in 5 minutes.  By the time we got home we had both a text and an email with our wonderful NEGATIVE results.

Similar to our experience.  You didn't get a verbal call, huh?  But all close enough I suppose.

• Like 1

Not bad return time - but we have at least 7 hours of driving on Thursday and another 8 or so on Friday.    I don't especially like driving late at night - so it's looking like we'll have to wait to print and have a shorter day on Thursday and a couple extra hours on Friday.  Not overly fond of THAT much driving in a day - but may be no alternative

Ours was in August (another scheduled in about a month). We were dismissed immediately after the test, received a verbal call in about 45 minutes and was able to print it from CVS mychart by the end of the day.  That was a three day timeframe, before they changed it to two day. It did allow for a bit of extra breathing room.

13 minutes ago, Gma&Gpa said:

Not bad return time - but we have at least 7 hours of driving on Thursday and another 8 or so on Friday.    I don't especially like driving late at night - so it's looking like we'll have to wait to print and have a shorter day on Thursday and a couple extra hours on Friday.  Not overly fond of THAT much driving in a day - but may be no alternative

I don't KNOW that you have to print it.  That's just what we do.  I'm assuming you can access your email directly on your smartphone.  It is certainly possible that a screenshot of the letter is acceptable.  Someone here can confirm that.  So, if true, you can simply download it in the car via 4G.

10 minutes ago, Gma&Gpa said:

We just got back from a cruise and  had our tests done at CVS.  Our experience was about the same as everyone else..... parked in the designated parking spot at CVS, called a phone number which was posted on a sign at the parking space to tell them we had arrived, a couple of minutes later the technician came out to give us our tests and sent us on our way.  Less than 30 minutes later we received a phone call with the results, and a few minutes after that we got the text with a link to retrieve our results.  

As I understand it Carnival will accept the results either printed OR in an email on your phone.  I printed ours so I can't say this with certainty, but from every indication you could do your drive as originally planned and pull up the results for boarding from your phone.

Maybe someone who's done it this way can chime in and verify.

16 minutes ago, Gma&Gpa said:

I don't KNOW that you have to print it.  That's just what we do.  I'm assuming you can access your email directly on your smartphone.  It is certainly possible that a screenshot of the letter is acceptable.  Someone here can confirm that.  So, if true, you can simply download it in the car via 4G.

Yes, we all have smart phones and we all have the CVS app on our phones - so we will have access to THEIR site as well as to the emails they are supposed to be sending us.   - if we can just show that at the port - then we are good to go.    If not, then I need to find access to a printer along the way - or WAIT possible an extra couple hours to start the drive...

41 minutes ago, Gma&Gpa said:

I was hoping to not have to go home and wait for all of our results and have to print them before we could leave town.  Sounds like my "late start" to the drive may be a bit later

We didn't have to print ours.  See my review of our 9/12 Pride sailing, showing the embarkation process step-by-step.  They just looked at our cellphones and verified NEGATIVE, name, DOB, date-of-test.

8 hours ago, Gma&Gpa said:

Right - but you still have to have a printer available.   I'll check with my Miami hotel tomorrow and see if they have a computer and printer.

I'd almost guarantee your hotel in Miami will have a business computer and printer off the lobby. Guests print their airline boarding passes all the time. Have a great cruise.

You'all have made me feel much better about it.   I'm feeling like we don't HAVE to have it printed - but I will check with the hotel and see about a printer.   I DO like to have a paper to back me up, JUST IN CASE......2 Weeks from today - I'll be getting on the Freedom!!  Finally!  Thanks again

I am glad you posted that question.  Our appointment instructions also said we are to wait in our cars to be called in to discusd results.  I find that so odd and hoping it is not the case. We booked the appointment 2 weeks out and it is a half hr away so hoping to find something closer to home to schedule as we get closer to the day.  Please come back and update if you indeed had to wait on site.

26 minutes ago, Empehi said:

One more question please.

What is CVS charging for the Rapid Test?

Can us oldies on Medicare charge the test to Medicare?

Thanks .....

When we went to CVS for our tests, they didn't charge us anything. No cost to us what so ever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Empehi said:

One more question please.

What is CVS charging for the Rapid Test?

Can us oldies on Medicare charge the test to Medicare?

Thanks .....

We entered our insurance information online prior to the test, and indicated the reason for our test was travel.  There was no charge to us.