Celebrity MoveUp from Sky Suite….worth it?

spork1958

On 9/26/2021 at 12:47 PM, spork1958 said:

Great points….we had come to a similar conclusion with respect to the CS and were focused on the RS (and above, although eventually the price point catches up!😂)…

We just sailed a CS and felt meh, vs a Sky suite. If you and your partner have very different waking times, it is nice for the butler to drop off the coffee in the am, but otherwise the extra space just wasn’t that super for us - use that money for specialty dining.

Weve also done a RS once, that’s a whole different thing

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cdn_tbird said:

Fully agree with you. With the exception of the additional space which you can't really quantify a value for (more value for on a TA than a port intensive itinerary), for my Caribbean cruise in an S2, the cost of upgrading to "Drinks & More", adding a premium bar setup, and 7 nights of specialty dining works out to about $415USD pp, so unless I can get a RS upgrade for $400pp it won't be worth it for us. 

For me, is is even a little less than the $415 since I like Luminae too much to want specialty dining every night.  In particular, I like Luminae on the last sea day of a 7-night cruise, when they usually have lobster on the menu.  Therefore, I think that a four-night specialty dining package is all I would want during a 7-night cruise.  The bottom line is that I do not see how it can ever be worthwhile to upgrade from a Sky Suite with AI to a Premium Suite just for the perks.  On the other hand, the suite itself might make it worthwhile.  The extra space, the bigger veranda, and the nicer furniture are all valid considerations.  It would certainly be very nice to have a private plunge pool or a private hot tub on my own balcony.  Those things, which cannot be purchased except by a room upgrade, would be the reason to upgrade, budget permitting.  However, IMHO, it can never be worth upgrading just to receive perks like specialty restaurants or in-room drinks that anyone can purchase without a cabin upgrade. 

On 9/26/2021 at 9:39 AM, spork1958 said:

Hi, first time Celebrity cruisers (previous on RCI, Carnival) with a Sky Suite upcoming on Edge.  Just received the “move up” offers and while we see that the costs are significantly cheaper than actual suite costs, our question is whether (especially with just the two of us) it’s worth it.  Already have “the suite experience,” not sure of the value of simply more space….what do you think?

For us --- Yes....

Last month we were upgraded to the Penthouse.     What an incredible experience.   Hard to go back to a regular room that is smaller than the bathroom of the Penthouse.      It was a healthy bid but way less than booking the Penthouse.

If you upgrade to RS or above you will also get free laundry, stocked bar, unlimited specialty restaurants.

On 11/7/2021 at 11:22 AM, actuarian said:

IMHO, the extra amenities of the upper level suites no longer seem very important now that almost everyone has the "Always Included" packages.  You can add on a specialty dining package and upgrade your Premium Drinks package to a "Drinks & More" package for far less than it costs to upgrade to a Royal or higher suite.

Most suite bookings have included the four perks for several years, The AI does not really apply to suites.  The AI in a suite would be a step back.

Edited by jagoffee