Tests

lindatoo

And yesterday on a webinar Dondra VP Sales said that the test must be within 48 hours of boarding, not just two days.  So, if you are boarding in Seattle at 12:30, that is 3:30 EDT which is completely different. Test must be taken after that. We were planning on taking the test this morning but now are waiting until late afternoon.  It makes it more difficult to comply.

28 minutes ago, harbormaster said:

And yesterday on a webinar Dondra VP Sales said that the test must be within 48 hours of boarding, not just two days.  So, if you are boarding in Seattle at 12:30, that is 3:30 EDT which is completely different. Test must be taken after that. We were planning on taking the test this morning but now are waiting until late afternoon.  It makes it more difficult to comply.

Celebrity started with 72 hours, switched to 3 days and most recently switched again, reducing it to two days. The website says quite clearly:

This test may be taken as either as an Antigen or PCR test, conducted within two days of boarding the vessel. 

Unless the VP Sales specifically stated that Celebrity was making a further change, thus announcing a further shift in policy, I'd suggest that he or she simply misspoke.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, harbormaster said:

They use days and hours interchangeably on all of those calls. I don't think they ever imaged this would cause so much confusion. You can test any time in the two days prior to departure day. There are no changes to this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

They use days and hours interchangeably on all of those calls. I don't think they ever imaged this would cause so much confusion.

Perhaps in the beginning, but after the 3 vs 72 mess, one would think that by now X employees would have become far more careful about how they word/say this information.

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

Perhaps in the beginning, but after the 3 vs 72 mess, one would think that by now X employees would have become far more careful about how they word/say this information.

Eh perhaps, but the call being referred to is not meant for customers. The intended audience should know better at this point. 

8 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

Unless the VP acknowledged the difference, it seems extraordinarily unlikely it represented a change.

Did anyone on the call notice and ask about it?

The only way to communicate with the meeting presenters is through chat. It is moderated because the questions they receive are absolutely ridiculous and irrelevant to the topics being discussed. So no, no one asked. Hours/days/whatever have been used interchangeably for months. Until the website updates, there is no change in the policy. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/29/2021 at 8:33 AM, lindatoo said:

I am cruising 10-23-21 on the Edge.

I had the booster shot, do I still have to take the test?

Yes until X's policy, which can be found on their website, is changed.

I recommend monitoring it regularly to determine any changes made.

Speaking to an agent may not be the best way.

Also, accepting advice here will not save your vacation if not official policy, regardless of what posters here may say on X's behalf...  or not.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is the type of thread I wish the mods would edit to include only the simple Yes answer to the OP and then close it.

The 48 hour/2 day hijack just makes anyone looking at the thread, seeing a number of replies have been posted, think that there is more discussion relevant to the OP.

Edited by mayleeman

We unfortunately got a 3 PM boarding time and not allowed to change even though we did the registration immediately once it was available.  If we have to get our test after 3 PM it will again make this whole testing issue even more troubling.  I was hoping to get it done 8 AM that day and enjoy my packing!

6 minutes ago, dazey said:

We unfortunately got a 3 PM boarding time and not allowed to change even though we did the registration immediately once it was available.  If we have to get our test after 3 PM it will again make this whole testing issue even more troubling.  I was hoping to get it done 8 AM that day and enjoy my packing!

When is your cruise?  If your only arrival time option was 3 PM, that probably is just a placeholder (especially since you jumped immediately on it).  In other words, they have not even opened all the times, yet.  Keep checking back.

That happened on two of my upcoming sailings, and many others have reported the same thing in many other threads.

• Thanks 1

I did check back per info given on CC from a fellow 11/20 Apex cruiser.  However I went on which showed other times then but it would not let me change.  I also called our Blue Chip rep and she said she could not change it.  I will try again as I do not like 3 PM  especially if the "48" hour and not two day becomes the rule.

Thanks for the info.

7 hours ago, mayleeman said:

This is the type of thread I wish the mods would edit to include only the simple Yes answer to the OP and then close it.

The 48 hour/2 day hijack just makes anyone looking at the thread, seeing a number of replies have been posted, think that there is more discussion relevant to the OP.

LOL. Half or more of the threads where the OP poses a question are answered in full within a post or two. Other posts may be unnecessary, but they often surface additional relevant information of interest. And a teeny bit of thread drift isn't terrible  😇

• Like 1