Who all is testing tomorrow?

rlindholm

2 hours ago, Virga said:

I tested first thing this morning, must be my fortieth test, maybe tenth at Walgreens.  Third at this particular Walgreens.  Every other time, the 'your prescription is ready for pickup' email has come in at about the same time as my results.  Always negative, so far, and I fully expected this to go just like the others.

Not this time.  I've had the 'ready for pickup' email for several hours, no results yet.  I'm sweating bullets - the only potential difference I can think of is my result =/

I'm telling myself that if I'd popped positive, they'd have contacted me ASAP, but man, I'm so nervous!  

Stay positive.  Positive results don't take longer than negative so its probably just that the system is slow today or something.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Virga said:

I tested first thing this morning, must be my fortieth test, maybe tenth at Walgreens.  Third at this particular Walgreens.  Every other time, the 'your prescription is ready for pickup' email has come in at about the same time as my results.  Always negative, so far, and I fully expected this to go just like the others.

Not this time.  I've had the 'ready for pickup' email for several hours, no results yet.  I'm sweating bullets - the only potential difference I can think of is my result =/

I'm telling myself that if I'd popped positive, they'd have contacted me ASAP, but man, I'm so nervous!  

Can you reach out to them?  Hope it all goes your way!

• Like 1

Well... The good news is I tested negative, so I'm likely to test negative if I have to take my proctored self test backup.  Very glad I have that in my back pocket.

The bad news is that there appears to be an unreported system outage between Walgreens and Abbott.  My testing location has reported me negative to the lab, but the official results come from Abbott, and are stuck in the ether until Abbott acknowledges the issue, fixes it, and pushes the delayed results emails.  If I was near my testing location, there's a form they can print me, but I'm 200mi away right now and have to be in Jax tonight.  The point the process is stuck is before the results are posted in the Walgreens backend, so the only location that knows I'm negative and can issue the form is the one I tested at.  There's also no guarantee that form includes all the info Carnival requires.

Lots of reports of delayed results on our sailing Facebook group, as well as my husband and the four friends we're sailing with.  They're all near their testing sites, so should be able to get the printout tomorrow if it doesn't clear up overnight.  We have enough proctored self tests between us to retest in case it just doesn't clear up and the printout isn't acceptable.  

It does look like our whole group tested negative, so right now it's just a matter of paperwork and nerves.  We WILL get on the ship Saturday!

I will be having a drink or three tonight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sailing Saturday.  Scheduled the first test at Walgreen this morning at 9:30a.  Got email 3 hrs later about Rx ready to pick up...whatever that means.  Around 5p, my Walgreen account showed Rx picked up which I took to mean they are finally processing my test sample.  At 6p, got NEGATIVE result!!!  Now I can finish packing.

Compared to early August test at same location when I got result in about 1.5 hrs...just don't expect waiting time to be the same every time.  To be fair, their webpage does say IdNOW takes 24 hrs but we're just spoiled getting it earlier.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dude_hdt said:

Sailing Saturday.  Scheduled the first test at Walgreen this morning at 9:30a.  Got email 3 hrs later about Rx ready to pick up...whatever that means.  Around 5p, my Walgreen account showed Rx picked up which I took to mean they are finally processing my test sample.  At 6p, got NEGATIVE result!!!  Now I can finish packing.

Compared to early August test at same location when I got result in about 1.5 hrs...just don't expect waiting time to be the same every time.  To be fair, their webpage does say IdNOW takes 24 hrs but we're just spoiled getting it earlier.

I have done this at Walgreens maybe ten times - every single other time, I've gotten my results within minutes of the 'ready to be picked up' email, within an hour or two of testing.  If you scroll up a little, you'll see that I contacted the Walgreens I tested at and they told me their system connection to Abbott wasn't working properly.  It affected dozens of people, but we were at least able to call and confirm that we were negative - we just couldn't get the official results, because those come from Abbott.  Most of my group has received their results now, thankfully.  I don't know how often they have issues like this, but it's my first time ever to have the whole process take more than two hours.  I was really sweating it, despite having backup proctored home tests.  Two tests doubles the chances of a false positive, heh, so glad it didn't come to that.  

1 hour ago, Port of Tampa said:

Hmm we have Walgreens scheduled for Sat am but have Abbott monitored kits as backup for Mon cruise…two days after that cruise have another cruise and plan to use Abbott from hotel.  Will be glad when this COVID crap is behind us.

Cheers and happy cruising.

Arrrr.

21 minutes ago, dude_hdt said:

My wife called Walgreen in the afternoon for status, Walgreens didn't say anything about issue but to get back with them if we don't hear after 24 hrs.  Perhaps that IT problem was the delay...

I was sure glad they were at least willing to give us our results - I knew it didn't make sense that they'd delay notifying a person of a positive test, but my mind ran to all sorts of bad places before other people started reporting their delays!  

Clearly, I need a vacation 😉

1 hour ago, dude_hdt said:

Which ship?

No rapid test anywhere near my home so yesterday which was Thursday I go to Walgreens and took the test with the expectation that it wouldn’t be back I live in Central California so I flew in today which is Friday I took the rapid test at the Miami airport other than the cost it’s not bad it’s 79 bucks add say God I was negative and my dear bride was also But it was quite nerve-racking packing flying without really knowing if it was the go

It’s 9:30 in the morning in the morning and I’m laying on the bed getting ready to call Uber thank God I had a Plan B because I still have no results from my Walgreens test taken 48 hours ago so having a Plan B on the testing probably is a good idea