Price change policy

Hi All,

A week ago I booked 4 balcony cabins on the Odyssey of the Seas sailing on the 31 July 2022 to the Greek Islands.

Today I realised that there’s a price drop of about $250 AUD per cabin. Nothing crazy but when you add the 4 cabins up is not a few dollars anymore. 

I called Royal Caribbean and they said the ‘Cruise with Confidence/Price Guarantee’ program that protects guests with cancellations and price drops is not available for my cruise as this promo is only for sailings up to the April 30th, 2022.

They have said that if I cancel to rebook I’ll lose the $800 AUD deposit per cabin, which obviously defeats the purpose.

Can anyone shed some light on whether this is accurate or I just had an useless agent?

Thank you!

1 hour ago, little britain said:

This is correct; price gty does not apply for departures after 30th April 2022

You cant get price drops on cruises past next april? I was hoping my sept 2022 prices dropped as I think they are high. I wasnt aware rcl didnt give price drops. 

I’ve booked b2b cruises in the Med for July 2022 with RC direct.  I booked one cruise in early September 2021.  I booked the 2nd cruise on the 30th September to take advantage of the double C & A points.  When I was booking the 2nd cruise I noticed my original cruise had dropped by $200.  So I rang RC & asked for a reprice which was given.  The next day, 1st of October I checked the price of both cruises & they had dropped by a further $500 each!  I rang RC & had both repriced.  RC told me with their best price guarantee I can get repricing right up until final payment, then, OBC will be given for any requested repricing thereafter.  

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

You cant get price drops on cruises past next april? I was hoping my sept 2022 prices dropped as I think they are high. I wasnt aware rcl didnt give price drops. 

You can get price drops before final payment after 4/30/22.  OP is in Australia not sure of their rules

• Like 1

7 hours ago, marcoakis said:

Can anyone shed some light on whether this is accurate or I just had an useless agent?

You will have to confirm the T&C for Aussie bookings but I seem to recall that you could get price drops up to 120 days out but it was a cancel/rebook kinda thing.

I booked Wonder and 2 days later there was a price drop. I called RCI UK and was told they couldn’t apply the drop as sailing date was after April 30th…. As a one time favour; they cancelled my original 2 day old booking and did a new booking moving the deposit over.   

Im guessing Australia and UK have the same rules as I have benefitted many times from the flexible price drop policy over the past year. Shame they won’t continue it for us outside the USA

Edited by little britain