Does this make any sense?

wesport

We were on a four night Regal Princess cruise 11/17/21. Then we got the notice it was cancelled, and one of our options was a replacement 5 nights on 11/19/21. I opted for the replacement cruise because we will get the extra night. Here’s the rub. The replacement cruise is on sale now. When I called Princess, the rep said at least two weeks until they move the reservation. By that time, my original cabin will not be available. She did say we would get the same category or higher. Seems like they should have blocked the cabins the original cruisers had booked before putting it on sale. Just my opinion. I am happy for the extra night. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This happened to me a month ago, my personal planner at Princess made a new booking right away with original cabin. She extended the deposit due date to 30 days and sent all info to a different dept.  for the replacement part of it. In about 2 weeks time the new booking was married to the canceled booking and my old deposit appeared as being paid. Everything was exactly how it was, except for the new booking number.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have booking on same cruise.  On Medallion no new booking.  On Captains circle both trips are there.

But the new one still has  unpaid balance.  The other one is paid. It does not say I have another 30 days to pay.  It says they will cancel booking tomorrow.  I guess I will have to call my personal planner tomorrow, I hate to call on Monday.  will take a long time to get through.  Any suggestions?

Mine didn't say 30 days, it showed a cancel date that was 30 days away. It looked strange in the beginning but after talking with her, she said she did it to give Princess enough time to switch things over and get the cabin we wanted. I just email my planner and she always gets back to me within a day. Your planner would also have a direct line. Good luck

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Amoorhouse said:

I have booking on same cruise.  On Medallion no new booking.  On Captains circle both trips are there.

But the new one still has  unpaid balance.  The other one is paid. It does not say I have another 30 days to pay.  It says they will cancel booking tomorrow.  I guess I will have to call my personal planner tomorrow, I hate to call on Monday.  will take a long time to get through.  Any suggestions?

I can't think of anything you can do tomorrow other than call. Sorry this is happening to you. Shouldn't be this way, and no. I don't think it makes any sense.

• Like 1

Well this is turning into a big mess!   I could not reach my Personnel planner ( she never called back)

I finally talking to someone else in the booking department, she aid she would extend final payment 24 hours.  I checked Captains Circle this morning, and they cancelled booking!  Another day on the phone!

Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, Amoorhouse said:

Well this is turning into a big mess!   I could not reach my Personnel planner ( she never called back)

I finally talking to someone else in the booking department, she aid she would extend final payment 24 hours.  I checked Captains Circle this morning, and they cancelled booking!  Another day on the phone!

Any suggestions?

Yes.  Considering the way that Princess is treating you and apparently many other people, just cancel the cruise and never cruise w them again.  Princess doesn't offer anything special that is different from what the other cruise lines offer so why do people (not you but people generally) feel that they have to cruise with them.

DON

We are in the same boat (ship). We have called 3 times about a booking number and still nothing. We chose a specific stateroom and I am betting it is no longer available. Why in the world would they open bookings before getting us all transferred over?!! I am not digging how Princess has handled this. If we didn't have so much money tied up in FCCs, I would just wash my hands of them for good. 

On 10/3/2021 at 8:01 AM, Fat Tuesday said:

This happened to me a month ago, my personal planner at Princess made a new booking right away with original cabin. She extended the deposit due date to 30 days and sent all info to a different dept.  for the replacement part of it. In about 2 weeks time the new booking was married to the canceled booking and my old deposit appeared as being paid. Everything was exactly how it was, except for the new booking number.

I had exactly the same experience. Personal planner at Princess made new booking on "equivalent" cruise with "equivalent" cabin. It showed deposit needed and no deposit paid. Later it was updated to transfer FCD and money paid to new cruise, but it showed balance owed since new one was much more expensive. A few weeks later it was updated to show paid in full - actually overpaid because I had paid for EZAir. Everything worked out perfectly.

In my case, price protection worked great. I was booked in a Window Suite on the Grand. Replacement "equivalent" cruise was the exact same itinerary on the Crown a year later. Since the Crown does not have any Window Suites, my "equivalent" category was a Vista Suite - much more expensive than the Window Suite on the Grand. In this case, the price protection from Princess made a huge difference.

Sometimes the Princess system works really well, and sometimes it doesn't - it depends on who you talk with. Apparently the  Princess Vacation Planners are able to book the new cruise immediately and wait for everything to be transferred. When I had previously talked to a normal Princess reservation agent, she said she could do nothing until the booking was transferred. Another poster who had booked with a travel agent said that the agent couldn't do anything until the booking was transferred.

• Like 1

Personal planner finally called back second day.  Naturally it was during the 20 minutes I was out!  She said every thing is ok with new booking just to wait for a few days.   Well last night when I got back on Captains Circle  New booking $150 more now it will be cancelled today.  I guess I will just wait and see.  

New subject    Has anyone gotten the Covid tests mail order for the proctored testing?  And they still short dated from Emed?

Weel they finally have us booked on replacement cruise.  BUT they want $1000 dollars more.  I which I understood what is going on.  They added all the perks and transfers from airport.  We live 2 hrs from Ft. Lauderdale.!   Definally not worth $200 a day.

On 10/3/2021 at 3:05 AM, wesport said:

Seems like they should have blocked the cabins the original cruisers had booked before putting it on sale.

Perhaps they could have done that in this instance, but they would not know how many were going to choose Replacement over Refund etc. In our case there were a dozen or more Replacement cruise options, so blocking out cabins would not work.