Latest you have remained on the ship the last day

mtrancher

We did a back to back on different ships out of Fort Lauderdale back in 2017. Since the bark and embarq times were different we stayed until we were the last people on the ship. It was about 10:30 AM. We were asked by one crew member while we were still on board and we explained it. At that point he understood. They never did have to call our names but we were the last to people off the ship.

We get off as soon as possible .Sometimes 7:15am The crew is anxious to start cleaning the staterooms and we want to be at the head of the line for taxis to the airport. It would be nicer to wait on the ship the couple of hours before our flight but we end up waiting at the airport. 8:30am seems to be the last we can reasonable expect to stay in our stateroom anyway and I really don't like waiting with lots of people and any luggage we have in the buffet or other areas.

Depending on our flight, we usually disembark around 10-10:30 and try to catch the last NCL bus to the airport. The restaurants stop serving breakfast at 9am and I think the buffet closes down around that time as well. On our last cruise we had a late flight & wanted to leave as late as possible but the only place available was by the pool. Couldn't even get another cup of coffee. Everything was shut down tight by around 9:30. It previously was possible to hang out til close to noon but since people are more anxious now a days to start their cruise asap, they seem to boot everyone off early.

On 10/6/2021 at 12:19 AM, mtrancher said:

What is the latest you have stayed onboard on disembarkation day? Keeping in mind that the crew has a lot to clean and organize for the quick turn around; how long have you stayed under the reasonable and prudent rule of thumb? I don't mean staying in your cabin; I'm thinking in a approved waiting area.

On most cruises, NCL wants to be ready to board the next cruise starting around 11:00 am. To accomplish that, they need to be at a zero count around 10:00 (or earlier), then turn over the ship. 

On our cruise in August, the last color group was at 9:30 (which they probably called before 9:00). After that, they want you off the ship. 

image.png.c9a27f1e6772a030863e2c69fdb19fb2.png

one of the nice things about the haven is the ability to have the concierge get you quickly off the ship, i have no overwhelming desire to stay on board once it's docked, but i dont need to be the 1st off either. if we're in a foreign country, i've usually booked a hotel for a few days to explore.  i like to disembark around 9:30, get my luggage and grab a cab to my hotel.