Liberty cancelled for January - help picking ship

mom1965

I'll just say that the Sunrise had $200MM spent on her in the last few years pursuant to the retro-fit.  Assuming those are your 3 choices and embarkation port/destinations aren't the driving factor, it would be a very easy choice for me.

12 minutes ago, DGP1111 said:

You should add Carnival Magic to your research list as well.  Current cruises on that ship are going pretty smooth.  

Yes, we were on Magic a couple of weeks ago and had a great time.  She was sailing at 70% capacity (that's what I was told by a crew member) and it showed - just about no waiting in the buffet, Guy's, etc.  We don't know how much longer that's going to be the case but in any case Magic is a nice ship and the crew was fantastic.

I've never been disappointed on any of our cruises, and which particular ship we'll be sailing on is way down on the list of things I look at when choosing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mom1965 said:

Our 1/17 cruise was cancelled- only choices now from Florida are Conquest, Elation or Sunrise.

I have been on Sunrise but not the other2 .  Any thought which is best...

Conquest is a sister to the Liberty if you want something similar, Elation is smaller and I would agree you can also look into Magic as well 

We were just on the Sunrise last week and loved it with the limited capacity.  Probably wouldn't do it full capacity, but right now it is great.  We have been on the Conquest in the past and liked it as well.  But, it we were choosing between the two again right now, it would be the Sunrise.

3 hours ago, mom1965 said:

Our 1/17 cruise was cancelled- only choices now from Florida are Conquest, Elation or Sunrise.

I have been on Sunrise but not the other2 .  Any thought which is best...

What about a Mardi Gras from Port Canaveral? Especially if you haven't already booked airfare/hotel. Jan. 15

I’d do Sunrise as a first choice and Conquest as a second choice. The Elation is a Fantasy class ship and those are getting pretty old, outdated and worn out.

We’ve done the Fantasy class of ships many times and, while we have some great memories from those cruises,  the last time we did one (Feb 2019) we swore we’d never sail them again.

Edited by Tapi

I looked at the Elation last night and didn’t care for the itineraries.  I saw a lot of Bimini, Freeport, Amber Cove, and Nassau.  Half Moon Cay appears only on one 5-night and one 6-night itinerary.  It just struck me as “leftovers”.  I would choose a different ship based on the class/size and the itineraries.