How far in advance did you order your COVID kit from Celebrity ?

zdad59

I ordered a three pack last Thursday and they arrived today.    Got one extra just in case I screw a test kit up.   

We sail Nov 13.   So 48 hours ahead, with sail day not counting, means we can test on Nov 11…..correct ?

1 hour ago, 3dogmom said:

There is an "OTC" located on the bottom left of the packaging. This means "Over The Counter". The tests ordered from Celebrity will have an "RX" on the packaging.

Thanks all for that heads up... the tests I ordered do not say "Ag test"... so nice that I can just return them to CVS!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Sounds like you ordered the pure, at home, NON proctored version of the tests. Those are NOT acceptable for purposes of boarding. You can only buy the proctored tests from Optum or eMed.com. They cost more than what you bought because they include the proctoring.   

The proctored test is Abbott BinaxNow Covid-19 Ag Card 

As they always say... if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

Does anyone know if Celebrity has any detailed requirements on what at home antigen tests they allow?  I used the company recommended by Delta Airlines back in August and it worked well and I have 1 test left.  It is done with a video conference. 

Here's where I found the info... the FAQs on the Healthy at Sea section about "What Type of COVID-19 Tests are Accepted?"

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

How do I find out if using the optum home test kits if they will be available to use on Thanksgiving day? My cruise leaves on Saturday right after Thangsgiving. I know I can do it on Friday, but would rather do it on Thanksgiving day. 

1 hour ago, jamon said:

How do I find out if using the optum home test kits if they will be available to use on Thanksgiving day? My cruise leaves on Saturday right after Thangsgiving. I know I can do it on Friday, but would rather do it on Thanksgiving day. 

As far as I know, eMed is doing the proctoring for these home tests every day - including holidays.  I suppose there are two ways to really test it:

1) Give customer service a call as close as you dare to Thanksgiving and ask them if they'll be open

2) Request test proctoring on Thanksgiving day.  You'll quickly find out if they're doing tests or not.

I’ll bump this one back to the top.  Has anyone ordered these tests recently?  I’m hoping that they exhaust the old stock soon and begin shipping tests with longer expiration dates.  It would be nice to have tests that could be used until late 2022

Edited by Ipeeinthepools

On 11/2/2021 at 11:08 AM, jamon said:

Contact eMed and ask them.  They are the company that proctors the tests.  Their phone number is at the bottom of this page:

https://www.emed.com/contact-us

The proctors are not in the U.S. celebrating Thanksgiving.  I think you will find they are open 24/7.  Please do report back, as these questions are asked repeatedly.

• Like 1

Really appreciate the information on this and wanted to provide my experience with timelines. I ordered a set of 3 tests (one for me, one for DH and one spare given what several of you have reported as issues). I ordered last Tues Nov 2. Initial order indicated test arrival Wed or Thurs Nov 3 or 4. Then it was Friday Nov 5. Now it says Monday Nov 8. They say it is shipping from CA and I live in Denver. We don't cruise until Dec 5 so I should be fine but given that so many people said the tests arrived within a day or two I wanted to make sure you all knew that is not always the case. 

Moral of the story- don't wait too long. 

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 8:48 AM, RichYak said:

Pardon the curiosity. Why do you want to order tests now for late 2022 when you may or may not even need them?

I suspect that we will need them for the infinite future.  I will order spares for my cruise in February 2022 and I would at least like the ability to use the extras a year from when I order them.  Nothing would make me happier than to throw them away and not test in 2022

On 11/4/2021 at 6:55 AM, Ipeeinthepools said:

I’ll bump this one back to the top.  Has anyone ordered these tests recently?  I’m hoping that they exhaust the old stock soon and begin shipping tests with longer expiration dates.  It would be nice to have tests that could be used until late 2022

Ordered last week.  Received Friday.  Expiration 9/18/2021 with three months extension they are good to 12/182021. Needed as backup to local testing for our 12/4/2021 Reflection sailing. 

Celebrity posted earlier this week that testing was required through 11/30/21 which would indicate that testing for vaccinated passengers is not required after.  Of course the cruiseline says they don't know if the date will be extended.  With the vaccine requirement, the testing feels unnecessary at this point which is what I hope the 11/30/21 date is about.  Would remove a huge stressor from cruise prep.  Anyone have insight?

1 hour ago, donna1009 said:

Celebrity posted earlier this week that testing was required through 11/30/21 which would indicate that testing for vaccinated passengers is not required after.  Of course the cruiseline says they don't know if the date will be extended.  With the vaccine requirement, the testing feels unnecessary at this point which is what I hope the 11/30/21 date is about.  Would remove a huge stressor from cruise prep.  Anyone have insight?

I think that’s wishful thinking.  Celebrity thinks they have protocols that work.  I’ll be surprised if they change the protocols.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, donna1009 said:

Celebrity posted earlier this week that testing was required through 11/30/21 which would indicate that testing for vaccinated passengers is not required after.  

It doesn’t indicate that to me. All it indicates is that Celebrity is extending its policy a little bit at a time. I’m on a December 3 cruise, and have always expected we’ll be required to get tested. 

2 hours ago, donna1009 said:

With the vaccine requirement, the testing feels unnecessary at this point which is what I hope the 11/30/21 date is about.  Would remove a huge stressor from cruise prep.  Anyone have insight? 

Yes.  See this thread: 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 8:16 AM, isdoo said:

Any suggestions for testing for non US residents? 

Not sailing until December, but would like to start thinking about our options. 

I wouldn't mind a bit of help from our American friends too.

A quick look at Walgreens website shows that it is drive through only. Also, a valid state ID or driver's license, and insurance card or voucher. Other than a UK drivers licence, I can't provide any of that and I obviously won't have a car.

CVS are even less useful, as their website is off limits to anyone outside the US.

Are there other pharmacy chains that do rapid antigen tests? Are they all drive through?

Taking a covid test within a 2 day time limit in a foreign country when you've already committed to flying out there is pretty stressful. If I can at least book it in advance and know the requirements, it will make things a little easier.

7 minutes ago, Tatra603 said:

I wouldn't mind a bit of help from our American friends too.

What port are you sailing from, that might help us find some other options for you besides the drive-through chain pharmacies.

7 minutes ago, Tatra603 said:

Taking a covid test within a 2 day time limit in a foreign country when you've already committed to flying out there is pretty stressful. If I can at least book it in advance and know the requirements, it will make things a little easier.

I'm sure it is.   Our travel schedule just from another state will require us to get tested in the port city, and that's stressful enough.  

5 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

What port are you sailing from, that might help us find some other options for you besides the drive-through chain pharmacies.

I'm sure it is.   Our travel schedule just from another state will require us to get tested in the port city, and that's stressful enough.  

Sorry. We're staying in and sailing from Fort Lauderdale.

I've scoured the Celebrity covid pages and it seems there is no help or advice for their non US customers, which is surprising.

45 minutes ago, Tatra603 said:

Sorry. We're staying in and sailing from Fort Lauderdale.

I've scoured the Celebrity covid pages and it seems there is no help or advice for their non US customers, which is surprising.

Tatra603- GHChik- on my roll call (Dec 5th Edge sailing) posted this link-   https://centerforcovidcontrol.org/

Under the FAQ it says: 

Please bring your ID and insurance card (if you have one). If you are uninsured, the tests are still free. If you hold a foreign passport please bring that (don’t worry, your test is also free).

Looks like there are a few locations in Ft Lauderdale but they are only open M-F. Without a car you'd have to take a cab or Uber but if it works with your flight and sail schedule it may be worth checking out. 

FREE Rapid & PCR Testing Fort Lauderdale
300 W Sunrise Blvd Unit 8, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33311, US

FREE Rapid & PCR Testing Wilton Manors
1442 NE 26th Street, Wilton Manors, FL, 33305, US