Tips on getting into Vibe Beach Club on the Encore?

big al

55 minutes ago, Old & Retired said:

Vibe beach club aint the Haven, not even close.  Apple to oranges.  

P.S.  It aint worth anything, but nice try.

Ummmm...never said it was the Haven. Sorry you read that wrong before speaking.

5 hours ago, SeaShark said:

First...$209 a week...which is FAR less than you'd pay for the Haven, which fwiw, you've stated is "worth every penny". Guaranteed upgraded lounger, capacity controlled, attentive service, and no kids...Yes, please.

Yes. The Vibe Beach Club is far, far, far less than the Haven. And I, for one, am not going to pay for a lounger which is free a few feet away. 

On 10/8/2021 at 6:43 AM, big al said:

We are going on the NCL Encore Nov. 14th ( first cruise after coming back from Alaska..) to the Eastern Caribbean...once again our Dominican Republic port of call  ( Puerto Plata) had been cancelled for the 3rd time by a cruise line ( other 2 were Celebrity & Carnival..)..it has been replaced by Nassau, Bahamas..since we have been to Nassau EIGHTEEN times, we are going to just stay on the ship..I have tried in the past to get the Vibe Beach Club passes , but they always sold out, even when we were at the pier at 10 am..with 2 other sea days, and only 60% capacity on this cruise, we figure maybe this is our chance. Any tips on getting the passes? Thanks..T Minus only 37 days and counting!!!

Big Al 

Al, sorry to steer a bit off topic, but we're on the 11/14 sailing as well. MyNCL vacation summary still shows Puerto Plata, and I hadn't heard anything about them canceling and/or scheduling Nassau instead. Where had you heard about an itinerary change?

4 hours ago, Old & Retired said:

You aren't sorry.  You love to argue.  As I said, apple to oranges.  

While we agree, again you read that wrong. You are correct...I am not sorry and I never said I was. The "sorry" wasn't offered in the sense of an apology, but as an observance of condition.

On 10/9/2021 at 8:12 AM, beerman2 said:

We actually loved the Vibe when it was only $99, I believe it was the Escape! Had a great group of pax we meet - drank, laughed, shared stories, and enjoyed every minute of it.

Shot O’Clock (Rommel) even commented that the pax are the ones who make the Vibe either special or boring. Our cruise was a good one for him as everyone was friendly .

We were on the Escape and opted not to do Vibe. We sat at the "neighborhood" bar right outside with the same people every day. We were the first 20 people on the ship and had Vibe passes but decided with the Spice H20, it was not necessary and gave them to someone else. The bar tenders said the same and the week we were there, they said inside the gate was not a fun week.  

53 minutes ago, KAYKAY121 said:

We were on the Escape and opted not to do Vibe. We sat at the "neighborhood" bar right outside with the same people every day. We were the first 20 people on the ship and had Vibe passes but decided with the Spice H20, it was not necessary and gave them to someone else. The bar tenders said the same and the week we were there, they said inside the gate was not a fun week.  

While I agree with what you say, the Vibe included as many towels as you want, fresh fruit everyday, cold wash cloths, the misting station, bathrooms steps away, continental breakfast, padded loungers and it was very safe to leave your belongings without them being bothered.

To us it was well worth the $99 per person. And as I mentioned the Vibe is what one makes of it and Rommel even told us some weeks are better than others.

He had as much fun as we did.

I believe it was Bliss our last time we weren’t able to get Vibe passes and used the bar you mentioned .

3 hours ago, beerman2 said:

While I agree with what you say, the Vibe included as many towels as you want, fresh fruit everyday, cold wash cloths, the misting station, bathrooms steps away, continental breakfast, padded loungers and it was very safe to leave your belongings without them being bothered.

To us it was well worth the $99 per person. And as I mentioned the Vibe is what one makes of it and Rommel even told us some weeks are better than others.

He had as much fun as we did.

I believe it was Bliss our last time we weren’t able to get Vibe passes and used the bar you mentioned .

This is another subjective topic to personal preference.  I probably won't ever try to get Vibe passes again. 

20 hours ago, KAYKAY121 said:

While on the Getaway, we enjoyed Spice H2O, BUT remember, there is NO SPICE H2O on the Encore...just a difference between between ships..

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KAYKAY121 said:

We also enjoyed that area right outside of Vibe on Escape.

You have the bar, whirlpool and a misting station.

And it took a couple of days for other passengers to even discover the area as a public space so there were plenty of loungers and it was relatively quiet too.

We spent the week going between that area on deck 19 and Spice H20 and never missed being in an area like the Vibe. On Encore it's way different and I'd say getting Vibe passes becomes more of a necessity. Encore doesn't have the public space outside of Vibe (Vibe is huge on Encore) and it doesn't have Spice H20. It means there's very little public sundeck space.

We're sailing Joy in January and it has the area outside Vibe, Spice H20 and the Observation Lounge.

We won't even be trying for Vibe passes, especially since we'll probably still have limited ship capacity.

93 days till Joy!

1 hour ago, bkrickles1 said:

We also enjoyed that area right outside of Vibe on Escape.

You have the bar, whirlpool and a misting station.

And it took a couple of days for other passengers to even discover the area as a public space so there were plenty of loungers and it was relatively quiet too.

We spent the week going between that area on deck 19 and Spice H20 and never missed being in an area like the Vibe. On Encore it's way different and I'd say getting Vibe passes becomes more of a necessity. Encore doesn't have the public space outside of Vibe (Vibe is huge on Encore) and it doesn't have Spice H20. It means there's very little public sundeck space.

We're sailing Joy in January and it has the area outside Vibe, Spice H20 and the Observation Lounge.

We won't even be trying for Vibe passes, especially since we'll probably still have limited ship capacity.

93 days till Joy!

We sailed Encore to the Caribbean without issues getting a chair. BUT, the pool area was PACKED. We didn't try to get right by the pool. IMO, Encore is not a good design for sun seekers and the laser tag very cool but is wasted space during the day. I loved the ship and will be on her again next Sept if not before. I am 73 days from the Bliss. Do report on the Joy, I want to go on that ship too.

Edited by KAYKAY121

1 hour ago, big al said:

While on the Getaway, we enjoyed Spice H2O, BUT remember, there is NO SPICE H2O on the Encore...just a difference between between ships..

I have been on Encore and missed Spice H20 and didn't have issues getting served, etc. We also only had two sea days so didn't find it worth the $$ on the Encore at all. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, KAYKAY121 said:

I have been on Encore and missed Spice H20 and didn't have issues getting served, etc. We also only had two sea days so didn't find it worth the $$ on the Encore at all. 

The Encore price if I recall correctly was more than double the price on the Escape so for two days and they also sell 200 or so on the Encore, it was a NO for us for two days. But I think you can get day passes if there is space once you are out there. 

Edited by KAYKAY121

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2021 at 8:02 AM, ProblemCruiser said:

21 days when edocs are ready provided you've paid in full and have all your stuff filled out on ncl.com (safety is the last tab that unlocks).

Does anyone know when the edocs time slot opens, is it at Midnight ET 21 days before or is there another known time when it shows up?

12 minutes ago, dietermn said:

Does anyone know when the edocs time slot opens, is it at Midnight ET 21 days before or is there another known time when it shows up?

You will get an e-mail shortly if the 21 days are up..I just finished my Health & Safety video for our Nov.14th Encore cruise..NCL said the edocs will come soon with an e-mail...

On 10/24/2021 at 7:25 PM, dietermn said:

I didn't get an email until days later but within 30 minutes on Midnight 21 days before after I completed the safety checkmark, my edocs were available.