Tips on getting into Vibe Beach Club on the Encore?

big al

We are going on the NCL Encore Nov. 14th ( first cruise after coming back from Alaska..) to the Eastern Caribbean...once again our Dominican Republic port of call  ( Puerto Plata) had been cancelled for the 3rd time by a cruise line ( other 2 were Celebrity & Carnival..)..it has been replaced by Nassau, Bahamas..since we have been to Nassau EIGHTEEN times, we are going to just stay on the ship..I have tried in the past to get the Vibe Beach Club passes , but they always sold out, even when we were at the pier at 10 am..with 2 other sea days, and only 60% capacity on this cruise, we figure maybe this is our chance. Any tips on getting the passes? Thanks..T Minus only 37 days and counting!!!

Big Al 

Edited by big al
forgot word

Upgrade to the Haven and tell the pre-sail concierge to have two passes waiting for you in your stateroom when you arrive. 

Outside of that... just getting there early and making a bee-line to get them. It's really hit or miss.

But, at 60% capacity... you may not need a pass.

1 hour ago, big al said:

We are going on the NCL Encore Nov. 14th ( first cruise after coming back from Alaska..) to the Eastern Caribbean...once again our Dominican Republic port of call  ( Puerto Plata) had been cancelled for the 3rd time by a cruise line ( other 2 were Celebrity & Carnival..)..it has been replaced by Nassau, Bahamas..since we have been to Nassau EIGHTEEN times, we are going to just stay on the ship..I have tried in the past to get the Vibe Beach Club passes , but they always sold out, even when we were at the pier at 10 am..with 2 other sea days, and only 60% capacity on this cruise, we figure maybe this is our chance. Any tips on getting the passes? Thanks..T Minus only 37 days and counting!!!

Big Al 

It used to be get to the pier between 8:30-9am. Get a group 1 or 2 boarding pass, know where the passes are being sold and walk as fast as you can. All parties need to be in line to get a passes. 

Feel fortunate the ship is sailing with a little more than half the passengers 

Edited by Laszlo
  • Thanks 1

Not limited to the Vibe, but if I (or anyone else) has a tip or trick for getting something (whether a Vibe pass, a dinner reservation, or anything else) then it is kind of self-defeating to share that information.

When we tell other people, other people will use that tip/trick thus making it less effective for everyone.

I might have a shortcut that allows me to avoid traffic. If I tell everyone about the shortcut, the next thing you know is that the shortcut will be full of traffic from everyone trying to use it.

• Like 1

The answer used to be get there early and hope you are on the first group getting on the ship (Or be in the Haven).  Sadly, if you are not in the first boarding time slot now, I have heard you will be left to stand outside in the Florida sun, so I think you just have to hope you get the earliest boarding time.

My advice is do not even f=deal with it.  The Vibe is WAAAAAY over hyped.  There are many better ways to spend one's money than on the Vibe.  Dinner reservations can be made on lien pre-cruise at around the 90 day mark, sometimes earlier.  Keep checking MyNCL.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, newty25 said:

Upgrade to the Haven and tell the pre-sail concierge to have two passes waiting for you in your stateroom when you arrive. 

Outside of that... just getting there early and making a bee-line to get them. It's really hit or miss.

But, at 60% capacity... you may not need a pass.

Is there an advantage to getting a Vibe pass if you're in the Haven?  It seems the Haven sundeck area is about the same as the Vibe area.

56 minutes ago, davencl said:

Is there an advantage to getting a Vibe pass if you're in the Haven?  It seems the Haven sundeck area is about the same as the Vibe area.

Perhaps if you were cruising with friends that weren't in the Haven. That could be your meet-spot.

Otherwise, there's not much use.

6 hours ago, SeaShark said:

Not limited to the Vibe, but if I (or anyone else) has a tip or trick for getting something (whether a Vibe pass, a dinner reservation, or anything else) then it is kind of self-defeating to share that information.

When we tell other people, other people will use that tip/trick thus making it less effective for everyone.

I might have a shortcut that allows me to avoid traffic. If I tell everyone about the shortcut, the next thing you know is that the shortcut will be full of traffic from everyone trying to use it.

3 hours ago, oteixeira said:

The answer used to be get there early and hope you are on the first group getting on the ship (Or be in the Haven).  Sadly, if you are not in the first boarding time slot now, I have heard you will be left to stand outside in the Florida sun, so I think you just have to hope you get the earliest boarding time.

Unfortunately, it does not work this way right now. You have to get an early check-in/COVID test time. That is how you get on the ship early. Right now, it is too late for the OP. They are stuck with whatever time they got for check-in. Now days, the goal is to continually ping the NCL site until check-ins open, and get the earliest checkin/test time as possible. 

• Like 1

Just completed our Bermuda cruise sept 26th _oct 3rd we had COVID test at 8:30 slot , we were in line getting vibe passes at 11am after stopping at bar ! Needed a drink after testing, got number 46 and number 47 vibe pass . So happy I would have been unhappy without them made our cruise ! They sell about 60 sometimes more depending on ship size and vibe space .book your arrival slot as early as you can this is done by getting your cruise documents done as early as possible and then your eurofin registration as soon as possible. We got the port arrival time at ncl checking online . The earlier time slots help you get your vibe before sold out , but you must proceed directly to where they are selling them the minute you board to better your odds !it’s worth every penny this is very personal preference I like to visit the main pool deck when I’m in the mood to be in a party crowd . When I wanted peace and a few hot tubs with a small crowd and a private bar I stayed in vibe 😁

7 hours ago, IrishCowboy said:

The Vibe has 3x capacity on the Encore.  I am curious to see if it fills up with reduced number of passengers.

The Encore has only sailed to Alaska since the restart and with reduced capacity. So, the specific answer to your question is "no". And the Encore won't sail with passengers again until it repositions, empty, from Seattle to Miami. 

18 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

My advice is do not even f=deal with it.  The Vibe is WAAAAAY over hyped.  There are many better ways to spend one's money than on the Vibe.  Dinner reservations can be made on lien pre-cruise at around the 90 day mark, sometimes earlier.  Keep checking MyNCL.

We actually loved the Vibe when it was only $99, I believe it was the Escape! Had a great group of pax we meet - drank, laughed, shared stories, and enjoyed every minute of it.

Shot O’Clock (Rommel) even commented that the pax are the ones who make the Vibe either special or boring. Our cruise was a good one for him as everyone was friendly .

On 10/8/2021 at 6:16 PM, MoCruiseFan said:

So disagree, love the Vibe

On 10/8/2021 at 1:16 PM, MoCruiseFan said:

YES. THIS. So much THIS.

Please post this everywhere and tell everyone you can. Spread this around and direct these people to the general public pool deck instead.

I'll take one for the team and deal with a less crowded Vibe instead. (Is it Shot O'Clock yet?)

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, SeaShark said:

YES. THIS. So much THIS.

Please post this everywhere and tell everyone you can. Spread this around and direct these people to the general public pool deck instead.

I'll take one for the team and deal with a less crowded Vibe instead. (Is it Shot O'Clock yet?)

Has so much fun with Shot O’Clock (Rommel) on the Escape years ago. Our Vibe group was very lively at the Bar.

At $99 per person was well worth it, now what is it $199?

Supply and demand.

Edited by beerman2

3 hours ago, beerman2 said:

Has so much fun with Shot O’Clock (Rommel) on the Escape years ago. Our Vibe group was very lively at the Bar.

At $99 per person was well worth it, now what is it $199?

Supply and demand.

Vibe Beach Club is now $209 for the week, or $99 a day, $129 for 2 day, $149 3 day, etc.. PP of course..my thing is that with no Spice H2O on the Encore, the pool area may be busier than normal, BUT now with NO kids, and only 60% capacity, it may be fine at the main pool..

Big Al

4 minutes ago, Old & Retired said:

100 bucks a day?  Nope.

First...$209 a week...which is FAR less than you'd pay for the Haven, which fwiw, you've stated is "worth every penny". Guaranteed upgraded lounger, capacity controlled, attentive service, and no kids...Yes, please.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SeaShark said:

First...$209 a week...which is FAR less than you'd pay for the Haven, which fwiw, you've stated is "worth every penny". Guaranteed upgraded lounger, capacity controlled, attentive service, and no kids...Yes, please.

Vibe beach club aint the Haven, not even close.  Apple to oranges.  

P.S.  It aint worth anything, but nice try.