Ordering from Dive-In and NY Pizza through the app -- how well does it work?

MisterBill99

3 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

We order Made-to-Order Sandwiches at Bread Board and will tell them how many slices of meat, cheese, etc. we would like on the Sub Roll.  Even with the Pre-Mades if you ask they will add extra meat or cheese to them and on Pinnacle Class Ships you can get them "pressed", too.  You can do the same with NY Deli and just ask them for extra to be put on the Sandwich.  They are very accommodating!

You can put in a comment in "Let Us Know" on the Nav App and either Guest Services or someone from the Department will contact you.  Also, the Hotel Director may not be standing close by but Managers from the different Restaurants do spend time on Lido during the Peak Hours.

We've used the App for ordering Dive-in and NY Deli on three different Ships and it works great!

I’m not sure how telling them about past cruises would help but ok.  As I said the bunwiches I had on the koningsdam were fine.  I’m aware of the app.  I submitted questions through it on the koningsdam and they were never answered.  One thing I asked about was masking in the gym.  Crickets.  I’ve used it before for questions/comments and they were addressed.  I’m speaking for myself only.  I’m not looking to hear “it worked for me on the koningsdam”.  No matter what submitting questions doesn’t put you in touch with the higher ups.  I’m thinking they probably have better things to do.

3 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I’m not sure how telling them about past cruises would help but ok.  As I said the bunwiches I had on the koningsdam were fine.  I’m aware of the app.  I submitted questions through it on the koningsdam and they were never answered.  One thing I asked about was masking in the gym.  Crickets.  I’ve used it before for questions/comments and they were addressed.  I’m speaking for myself only.  I’m not looking to hear “it worked for me on the koningsdam”.  No matter what submitting questions doesn’t put you in touch with the higher ups.  I’m thinking they probably have better things to do.

The Title of this Thread is asking how well does the App work.   Cruise Critic isn't just about complaining but also sharing info that others may find helpful for when they do Cruise!  This info  comes from past cruises that have been taken by others who Post.

If the Manager of a Department onboard the Ship calls regarding a concern that was brought to their attention via the "Let Us Know" feature, that's a "higher up".  He/She is the one in charge of their Department who can address it.  

Sorry your "questions" were not answered on the Kdam!  Maybe somehow your "Let Us Know" feature became disabled!   🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, idiebabe said:

If the Manager of a Department onboard the Ship calls regarding a concern that was brought to their attention via the "Let Us Know" feature, that's a "higher up".  He/She is the one in charge of their Department who can address it.  

5 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

No matter what submitting questions doesn’t put you in touch with the higher ups.  I’m thinking they probably have better things to do.

An appointment request can be made to meet with the Hotel Director, Culinary Operations  Manager, and/or the Guest Relations Manager at the Front Office.  The "Let Us Know" cards do receive attention.  Yes, the HD and the COM are busy people fulfilling their duties, but the Guest Relations Manager's job is to work with the concerns of the guests.  If the other two Officers are not able to directly address a guest's concern, the GRM's job is to do so.  

2 hours ago, idiebabe said:

The Title of this Thread is asking how well does the App work.   Cruise Critic isn't just about complaining but also sharing info that others may find helpful for when they do Cruise!  This info  comes from past cruises that have been taken by others who Post.

Sorry your "questions" were not answered on the Kdam!  Maybe somehow your "Let Us Know" feature became disabled!   🤷‍♀️

Right, it must have been disabled or more likely they didn't care.  One doesn't always have to defend the cruise line like they are married to it.

17 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

An appointment request can be made to meet with the Hotel Director, Culinary Operations  Manager, and/or the Guest Relations Manager at the Front Office.  The "Let Us Know" cards do receive attention.  Yes, the HD and the COM are busy people fulfilling their duties, but the Guest Relations Manager's job is to work with the concerns of the guests.  If the other two Officers are not able to directly address a guest's concern, the GRM's job is to do so.  

The front office isn't quick to make that happen.  I believe the comment cards and no longer around but I'm sure someone will argue with me that they are.

22 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

The front office isn't quick to make that happen.  I believe the comment cards and no longer around but I'm sure someone will argue with me that they are.

I have no interest in arguing with you.  My post was meant to pleasantly inform.  As of January, 2020, on the Eurodam, the comment cards were available.  Is the Front Office "quick to make that happen"?  My experience has been like yours.  Sometimes:  yes.  Response is quick.  Sometimes:  no response.  On the Prinsendam, it took a Front Desk Officer, not a Front Desk staff member, to finally resolve a question that I had being attempting to get an answer during 3-4 visits to the Front Office.  

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I have no interest in arguing with you.  My post was meant to pleasantly inform.  As of January, 2020, on the Eurodam, the comment cards were available.  Is the Front Office "quick to make that happen"?  My experience has been like yours.  Sometimes:  yes.  Response is quick.  Sometimes:  no response.  On the Prinsendam, it took a Front Desk Officer, not a Front Desk staff member, to finally resolve a question that I had being attempting to get an answer during 3-4 visits to the Front Office.  

Yes the comment cards were available pre pandemic.  It’s all different now.  It’s not a bad thing if things actually get addressed through the app.

On 12/6/2021 at 4:58 PM, POA1 said:

Which USB connector works best for pizza delivery? I find that USB C is good for the thinner grissini type bread sticks and the two micro USB connectors are nice for pasta. For traditional bread sticks, I tend to favor the legacy PS/2 mouse connector which makes for a nice crunchy bread stick with the 6-pins of toasty connectivity.

We like our Pizza Extra Crispy  - Luckily my older Apple Laptop has a Firewire connection and that works just great for the extra Crispy Crust...And as a bonus -  just flip the laptop over and it makes a great Hot Plate to keep it all warm.

• Haha 1

On 12/12/2021 at 2:38 PM, MisterBill99 said:

was ready in the app, and once I left the page with the order confirmation could not figure out a way to get back to it to see the status, nor did it give a time estimate when you ordered, which would have been extremely helpful. Also, as I previously mentioned, you could not order the late night menu at NY Pizza in the app.

I was just on the Eurodam. I also had a bit of issue figuring out the "Notification". It really does not notify you (like an incoming message) - I found you have to press the "View Order" and then there are 3 grayed  bars  the stand for Order received, Processing, Order Ready When the third bar turns Blue - go and pick up your order. (This was on my old iPhone - YMMV)

The Dive -in orders are highly customizable.

The NY Pizza are their standard Pizzas only - cannot be customized at all, But if you go to the NY Pizza stand you can get it made, and cooked, however you desire - which we did sometimes. They also have some salads & Desserts in their case you can pick up.

On the Eurodam I "think" NY Pizza  is the only place to pick up food after the Lido closed down at 8 PM till the late night Lido dining ups up at 10ish. But having to have fresh Pizza is OK by me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1