Protocols out of FL

Tennant

We are interested in booking a short cruise on celebrity in The next few weeks. Hard to keep up on all the protocols on the different lines. 

What are the Covid protocols on ships out of FL going to Bahamas? I know vaccinations are required. Is celebrity testing at port? At masks required on board?

anyone have an idea of recent capacities? 

Thanks! 

we just sailed Disney and safety was so great! 

3 minutes ago, Tennant said:

We are interested in booking a short cruise on celebrity in The next few weeks. Hard to keep up on all the protocols on the different lines. 

What are the Covid protocols on ships out of FL going to Bahamas? I know vaccinations are required. Is celebrity testing at port? At masks required on board?

anyone have an idea of recent capacities? 

Thanks! 

we just sailed Disney and safety was so great! 

Vaccinations required.

Testing required within 2 days of departure.  Not supplied at port.  DIY.  Proctored at-home is an option (Binax-ag).

No masks onboard.

Capacities for Florida departures have been all over the map, from 15% to 40% depending upon cruise.

See

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements

Edited by canderson
  • Like 1

In addition to the Vax Card and identification (e.g. passport), Celebrity is currently requiring a Covid Test 2 days prior to departure.   This test is at the customers expense and is not provided by Celebrity.

You can either do a home proctored test identified above or a test at a local provider.   I chose the home kit and was done with it in 20 minutes. 

Passenger loads  have been  running 20-50% of ships capacity but they are planning on increasing passenger loads in November. 

Masks are required to be worn in car services like Uber, in the Terminal and Port during checkin.   Once aboard Masks are not  required but many wear them indoors anyway.  Personal choice.

7 minutes ago, Team Stag said:

Just to add - currently Celebrity is only allowing celebrity curated excursions at the Bahamas.  Always subject to change just like everything these days.

And there very few excursions available. My cruise only shows 2 X tours. If you want to take a cruise that goes to Nassau you may want to go with a line that allows you off the ship on your own. All of the others do except Celebrity.

Just now, esther e said:

Things could change in the next few months, but I'm wondering if they accept the rapid test?  You can have almost immediate results.

A rapid antigen test is accepted now. It does not have to be PCR or proctored test which is a rapid test.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, susiesan said:

A rapid antigen test is accepted now. It does not have to be PCR or proctored test which is a rapid test.

CORRECTION: The rapid (antigen) test must be the proctored type. If you have seen a change, please post it because the Celeb test site FAQs still say proctored.

Edited by mayleeman

7 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

CORRECTION: The rapid (antigen) test must be the proctored type. If you have seen a change, please post it because the Celeb test site FAQs still say proctored.

I think the intent was to assure all 3 were included in the discussion.  Administered PCR, proctored antigen, and administered antigen.  Way back, X didn't specifically include administered antigen tests in the list.  Then again, that was before proctored antigen tests were included, too, so the confusion in that post's language is understandable.

16 hours ago, mayleeman said:

This is from X web site. Nothing about the antigen test being proctored. Both PCR and antigen can be done at CVS or Walgreens. The meaning of a proctored test is the ones done at home with the telehealth proctoring.

All vaccinated guests 12 years and older must present a negative Covid-19 test result taken as either as an Antigen or PCR test conducted within two days of embarkation and complete a health questionnaire prior to sailing.

• The test must be supervised by a health professional, such as a doctor, pharmacy technician, public health worker, or telehealth representative.
Edited by susiesan

This information is very helpful. Does anyone have more information about what capacities may be onboard moving on in to December 2021. Are lower capacities required by the CDC or is this something that Celebrity is doing voluntarily?

34 minutes ago, seatrial said:

Does anyone have more information about what capacities may be onboard moving on in to December 2021.

Nobody knows.  Celebrity and other lines keep talking about increasing capacities, but there's been very little said about when and by how much (other than a highly optimistic interview with Richard Fain a while back).

@susiesan Proctored means supervised. My comment should have specified that I was talking about the home antigen test,  which is the only test available both proctored and unproctored.

X has previously specifically said the unproctored home test is not accepted.  The language you quoted says "the test" must be supervised, and that language is not limited to PCR or retail antigen tests. The retail tests would obviously have to be monitored, so requiring supervision for those is useless verbiage if it only applies to those. Finally, the home tests Celebrity includes a link to purchase are only the proctored ones.

You also will find it hard to present a test result at the pier for an unproctored home test--that kit just gives you a card with lines on it, not an email or other document that will be sent to you after a proctor confirms your result.

But, if you are sure you are correct despite being the only person to take this stance, take an unproctored home test with you to the pier and, just for grins, see if they accept it. (But I would take a proctored result with you, too. 😉)

Edited by mayleeman
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Tennant said:

Thanks for all the responses. 

Are kids under 12 allowed on board?

I believe Celebrity is sailing with 95-98% vaccinated... so I suspect that once they hit a certain level they would not allow additional unvaccinated (they do ask vaccination status when booking)... so I would call and ask about children..  In theory they want everyone vaccinated..but unlike Royal they are meeting CDC's stricter vaccination standard thus allowing passengers to be unmasked... On Royal ships they have more children so everyone masks in public areas.. and not in a few vaccine only areas...  Unless things have changed in recent weeks.  I do know that some Islands now require vaccination which may have impacted Royals protocols...but I haven't followed closely since Aug.