Finn air through Helsinki

SOLIVITA LADY

Best flight I could find for Baltic cruise out of Copenhagen was Aa operated by Finn Air through Helsinki with a 50 minute layover. Has anyone flown this airline and gone through Helsinki as I’m not sure if that is enough time or how large that airport is. Never heard of Finn Air either. Help would be appreciated. 

Solivita Lady 

That seems really tight. I'm not a fan of long layovers but I'm not an even bigger fan of missing my connection. It's the the capital of Finland so I'm assuming it's a decent sized airport and Finn Air is the national carrier. Most European countries have a national carrier.

Finnair are the national carrier and Helsinki is their hub. They are focussed on transfer traffic especially from West to East and vice versa. It isn't a long time for the connection but it is within their minimum connection time and if booked on one ticket they will place you on the next available service if you are delayed. If the flight is on your way home then I wouldn't worry. If it was on your way to meet the cruise and you hadn't left a day leeway then I would not book it.

• Like 1

Seems tight. Believe you will have to pass through immigration/customs in Helsinki. When flew to Denmark we flew Icelandic Air with a stop in Iceland. We had to go through immigration there. When we reached Copenhagen there was no immigration/customs. Probably the same process through Finland. There may also be, don't know, some covid requirements for both Finland and Denmark which could take additional time. 

Fin air is the national carrier of Finland. Excellent airline, Helsinki is a small airport - easy to navigate. immigration in Helsinki but luggage checked through to your final destination.

Not a problem with a short transfer time once both legs of the flight is the same reservation.

50 minutes should be sufficient for the transit and if for some reason your flight from US is late, HEL-CPH is one of the more frequent routes on Finnair schedule, so most likely you will be rebooked on a later flight the same day if the original connection fails.