When is the earliest you can get your covid test? 48 hours or 2 days?

eyern1

I read the following from the Carnival website today:

• Presenting a negative PCR COVID-19 test at check-in, taken between 72 and 24 hours prior to the sailing date (for example, if the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken any time from Wednesday through Friday, but not on the morning of embarkation). Unvaccinated guests must take an additional antigen test at embarkation, and test again within 24 hours of debarkation on all cruises longer than 4 days. A US$150 per person charge will be assessed to the guest’s onboard Sail and Sign account to cover the cost of testing, reporting and health and safety screenings. Children under two are exempt from testing requirements.

1 hour ago, surfergirl15 said:

• Presenting a negative PCR COVID-19 test at check-in, taken between 72 and 24 hours prior to the sailing date (for example, if the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken any time from Wednesday through Friday, but not on the morning of embarkation). Unvaccinated guests must take an additional antigen test at embarkation, and test again within 24 hours of debarkation on all cruises longer than 4 days. A US$150 per person charge will be assessed to the guest’s onboard Sail and Sign account to cover the cost of testing, reporting and health and safety screenings. Children under two are exempt from testing requirements.

I am so excited to see that we have 72 hours instead of 48. I just booked our tests. Then I went on Carnival's website and I don't see this. I still see the 48 hours. Can you tell me where on the website you saw this? I will probably call them tomorrow.

1 hour ago, surfergirl15 said:

Can you provide a link? Also, was this for cruises departing the US in the next few months?

6 hours ago, CTKaren said:

I am so excited to see that we have 72 hours instead of 48. I just booked our tests. Then I went on Carnival's website and I don't see this. I still see the 48 hours. Can you tell me where on the website you saw this? I will probably call them tomorrow.

The PCR test within 72 hours is for UNvaccinated guests.  Vaccinated still need antigen within 48.  Somebody cut and pasted only a portion of the requirements which is leading to unnecessary confusion.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CTKaren said:

For vaccinated it is still TWO days!!!  

The post above was taken from the unvaccinated part.  

Don’t make the mistake of doing it too early or you will be denied boarding!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CTKaren said:

This is for unvaccinated passengers.  Vaccinated are 2 days.

Thank you to all. I called and figured it out. So now are cruise leaves on a Thursday, we are flying to New Orleans on Tuesday morning. I have test scheduled at 2 different places, on an Urgent Care and one CVS on Tuesday. One at noon and one at 3pm, just in case. I am have never been to NO before and I am very anxious about all this. 

8 hours ago, CTKaren said:

Thank you to all. I called and figured it out. So now are cruise leaves on a Thursday, we are flying to New Orleans on Tuesday morning. I have test scheduled at 2 different places, on an Urgent Care and one CVS on Tuesday. One at noon and one at 3pm, just in case. I am have never been to NO before and I am very anxious about all this. 

So you're testing AFTER you fly at your embarkation port?  Best wishes on a successful outcome.

On 10/28/2021 at 9:27 AM, jsglow said:

So you're testing AFTER you fly at your embarkation port?  Best wishes on a successful outcome.

I really have no choice. We arrive in NOLA at 10am on Tuesday and we embark on Thursday afternoon. So I can't test at home because it would be more than 48 hours. I have noon appointment on Tuesday at CVS and 3pm at a walkin center.  So I hope it works out. If anyone has any suggestions I would be interested in hearing them. I am nervous about all of this.

1 hour ago, CTKaren said:

I really have no choice. We arrive in NOLA at 10am on Tuesday and we embark on Thursday afternoon. So I can't test at home because it would be more than 48 hours. I have noon appointment on Tuesday at CVS and 3pm at a walkin center.  So I hope it works out. If anyone has any suggestions I would be interested in hearing them. I am nervous about all of this.

Was your desire to get that extra night in NOLA?  Assuming that's the case, you really didn't have an option.  We employ the test, fly, sail strategy.  Tested today locally and printed our result..... tucked safely in our Passport holder w/ our vax cards.  All set.  Flights in the morning and sail Sunday.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 9:48 PM, CTKaren said:

72hrs  is for UNVACCINATED, and it must be a PCR Covid Test. Our grandchildren are unvaccinated and will test 3 days prior to cruise. My husband and I are vaccinated, and will take a Rapid Antigen test 2 days prior to our cruise.