Note to self: Answer Health Assessment questions more carefully

zzdoug

My family is scheduled to board the Vista on Saturday. We are all feeling healthy, fully vaxxed, and will test tomorrow.  I just attempted to fill out the online assessment for my family.  Started with myself. Very excited about everything and raced through the questions maybe a little faster than I should have.  I'm not sure if I made a misteak in my responses and checked the wrong box, but I got this rather disturbing message and the assessment was no longer accessible to be filled out for anyone else in my family.

I contacted both Carnival and my travel agent and I'm fairly confident we will be able to prove that we are covid-negative and board, so I'm not super worried about it, but it's not exactly comforting. I am inclined to chalk it up to one more less-than-perfect information technology outcome as a result of Carnival trying to tackle 1000 snowballing crises at once, tempered by my own professional experience that it is a lot easier to get these kinds of fast-changing things wrong than to get them right.  In any event, if I get a chance to repeat the test, I will make sure I read the questions very carefully and take a screen shot before clicking "submit".  Has anyone else experienced this and what was the outcome?  Should I panic?

322678305_alarmingmessage.thumb.jpg.b8efdba01a4c5430b0e47594c9e53e91.jpg

I am hoping that you are not locked out of going at this point. The only time I saw this was when the one lady answered the questions that she had been in contact with someone that she knew had covid in the last 14 days. She was denied being able to cruise. 

I would be on the phone with Carnival and on hold as long is it takes to get this straightened out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stellarose said:

is this the vaccination survey or the one right before you board?

That would be the health assessment which is just a few days prior to boarding.

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Do not say yes to any symptoms

Don't lie though..... the consequences of lying could be far worse than just having to reschedule your vacation.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, groundloop said:

That would be the health assessment which is just a few days prior to boarding.

Don't lie though..... the consequences of lying could be far worse than just having to reschedule your vacation.  

Sometimes you have to answer in the way the question was meant. Sorry if you dont get it.

They want to know if you have covid symptom not about your old,smoking cough.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gromitsfamily said:

My sister had to answer Yes to being around a person with Covid in the last 14 days.  She had a negative covid test and was allowed to board.  This was with HAL just 3 weeks ago.  

Yeah, OP should be okay, just flagged for more info at the pier. My concern would be exactly which question was answered wrong to get locked out. Potential to be cancelled by Carnival.

I am the OP.  We do not have any symptoms and that is what I had thought I had answered.  I did immediately call Carnival - amazingly and fortunately, my call was fielded by a human being in less than 5 minutes - and the agent made a note of my call but said we would have to repeat the screening at the port in Galveston (sure, no problem) and that we should call our travel agent.   Which I did; left a voicemail and sent the screenshot by email; the travel agent responded with an email and I'm presently waiting for more information.  Stay tuned.

Edited by zzdoug
  • Like 2

You should be okay as long as you're not automatically cancelled for a major wrong answer, such as positive in past 14 days. Now that you're locked out you are flagged for more info at the pier. Hope you and TA get squared away.

• Thanks 1

I just received an e-mail from Carnival telling me to fill out the health assessment.  When does it appear because all I see is what I previously completed a couple weeks ago, the vaccination survey and check in, no additional health assessment is listed.  I sail on Sunday. 

10 minutes ago, JTBCruiser said:

I just received an e-mail from Carnival telling me to fill out the health assessment.  When does it appear because all I see is what I previously completed a couple weeks ago, the vaccination survey and check in, no additional health assessment is listed.  I sail on Sunday. 

Look very carefully, it appears right next to the other stuff so it's easy to miss. There should be one more extra line there now. Open your planner and see if you see one line that wsnt there before.

13 minutes ago, JTBCruiser said:

Last cruise (a couple of weeks ago), the email came out before the survey was available. Check back tonight or tomorrow. It will appear.

3 hours ago, JTBCruiser said:

My understanding it had to be filled out within 72 hours so I'm probably too early. Thx!!

Mine was not available earlier today but I just checked and the new assessment is on my To-Do list. 

(This was at about 8pm Wednesday night for Sunday on the Glory.)

Edited by day-day
Correct day is Wednesday

Update: heard back from my travel agent.  She was on the phone (or hold?) for 2 hours and found out that it is another Carnival IT issue.  She said they noted my situation and we should be fine, and that they claimed to have fixed the problem.  She said I could try filling out the form again if I wanted to.  I think I'll just answer the questions verbally in Galveston.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1