Diamond Drink Vouchers

I am getting ready to be Diamond on my dec 18th Symphony sailing.  When I was talking to crown and anchor about my cruise I asked about my son who just turned 18…and he turned 18 before I made Diamond so he gets to stay at Emerald.  But we were discussing Diamond benefits and the rep said ‘He can’t go in with you since you are Diamond and he isnt’…ok I get that.  He mentioned the happy hour. I said I thought the 4 drinks vouchers I got were good anywhere and I heard if I go to Diamond lounge during happy hour it uses my vouchers.

‘’This is when he said NO….the 4 drink vouchers are in addition to happy hour and I still can go in and have drinks during happy hour for free and save vouchers for another time.

I asked about this on my facebook group for Symphony and someone said they were on ship and got free drinks during happy hour and still got 4 drinks to use anywhere each day.  Yet other people said No…when they got drinks in Diamond lounge during happy hour it used their vouchers..

‘Anyone else be able to get drinks at happy hour and vouchers?

13 minutes ago, sargenet said:

I am getting ready to be Diamond on my dec 18th Symphony sailing.  When I was talking to crown and anchor about my cruise I asked about my son who just turned 18…and he turned 18 before I made Diamond so he gets to stay at Emerald.  But we were discussing Diamond benefits and the rep said ‘He can’t go in with you since you are Diamond and he isnt’…ok I get that.  He mentioned the happy hour. I said I thought the 4 drinks vouchers I got were good anywhere and I heard if I go to Diamond lounge during happy hour it uses my vouchers.

‘’This is when he said NO….the 4 drink vouchers are in addition to happy hour and I still can go in and have drinks during happy hour for free and save vouchers for another time.

I asked about this on my facebook group for Symphony and someone said they were on ship and got free drinks during happy hour and still got 4 drinks to use anywhere each day.  Yet other people said No…when they got drinks in Diamond lounge during happy hour it used their vouchers..

‘Anyone else be able to get drinks at happy hour and vouchers?

That's how it was before Covid when they loaded 3 vouchers on your sea pass that could only be used during happy hour if you didn't want to go into the lounge, or you could do both.  It's just the vouchers now and no free flowing HH drinks.  Now, it's just vouchers to be used at any time, which I actually prefer.  4 for D, 5 for D+ and 6 for Pinnacle.  While a few people have reported getting drinks in the lounge without using their vouchers, it's not how it's supposed to work and is rare.

On 11/14/2021 at 11:24 PM, brillohead said:

You're thinking of Pinnacles not being allowed in the Suites Lounge to keep numbers down during COVID protocols.

Diamond and up have always been allowed in the Diamond Lounge.

Suite guests are not allowed in the Diamond Lounge unless they are Diamond level or higher. 

Yes, thank you. You are absolutely right! 

On 11/15/2021 at 4:19 PM, Oxo said:

So, what is your point? Does that mean you are going to send me to the Naughty Room?

OMG, did I do a bad thing? 

So, now, saying "um okay" is a punishment, lol?  I just didn't get the point of your comment.  It had nothing to do with the cost of a drink being over the $13 limit and my comment that YOU quoted, but whatever. 

Edited by BND

On my 2nd leg of Adventure of the Seas and truthfully with the soda we brought onboard, we never once went past the 4 vouchers.  I certainly would never bother with a drink package.  I rarely drink but enjoy soda and specialty coffees or malts from johnny rockets.  We went to Diamond lounge 1x on 1st leg and 1x was plenty.  I can't imagine going in there to get my free drinks from 5-8.  Vouchers are perfect.