When can you pick arrival time?

grimpil

21 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

They ought to be doing that, and have been lobbied to do so, but not sure anything is being done about it.  I would like to know if this is happening at all as well.  

Not for us as Elites.  We're on the 28 Nov Caribbean Princess.  Yesterday there were no arrival groups available.  This morning at 5:30am  saw a posting that said our arrival groups were now open.  Went on app and there was a green check in the Arrival & Departure Groups.  Was able to get into Group A I think. UPDATE Well I guess I am in Group A.  Just went to check on a 10 Dec Enchanted Princess and  it shows a Green Square with a QR code and it says to proceed to Green Lane.  Had no idea I had chosen a time for that cruise.  Went back to the 28 Nov cruise and it now has the Green Square, QR code and says to go to Green Lane.  

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Are you platinum, elite or in a suite?

Thanks 

Just  got my arrival time this morning for our Nov. 27 Sky Cruise, I have been looking everyday for the last couple weeks today when I checked it showed 2 available for Group A early group we chose this as we live in Fort Lauderdale  and we enjoy roaming around the ship so we get there early.  30 days for us to get arrival group. 

30 minutes ago, MarkE said:

Just  got my arrival time this morning for our Nov. 27 Sky Cruise, I have been looking everyday for the last couple weeks today when I checked it showed 2 available for Group A early group we chose this as we live in Fort Lauderdale  and we enjoy roaming around the ship so we get there early.  30 days for us to get arrival group. 

We are on the Nov Sky Princess also...When I looked yesterday morning it showed 2 available for Group A, which i took.  Green lane with bar code....All aboard

• Like 1

I cannot wait to cruise again on the new Enchanted Dec 30 but am not liking 2 things:  1). the hassle of the testing 2 days before. 2). having to deal with Medallion to get a boarding time - I am avoiding figuring that out until mid December - hoping the on-line Cruise Personalizer will be back!!

I have read on CC some people just show up at port, check in, get Medallion and go on board.  

Should have something for Elites….IMO

3 hours ago, Lizabu said:

Today I’m 29 days out from my cruise and was able to select my arrival time. Departure time is not yet available.

AFAIK and read, they have not been loading up Departure (Disembark) time slots in the MC App and have been doing it the old way.  It really is not difficult at all to depart the ship at the time you want to. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 4hunters said:

We're sailing on the Grand in 10ish days and still cannot select an arrival time!  Green across the board for everything else though. 😁   Not worried about it though.  I find it entertaining to see all the various responses. 

Same exactly with us.  We board the Grand on the 10th & I called the Ocean Navigator 2 days ago.  Of course I had to wait on hold for reservations for an hour.  Then  another hour to be told there were no longer any early spots open. Even when I told her that I did have Group A 11:30, but after they fixed their problem. The problem was they had the wrong sailing date.  (I was on hold for hours for that too) This was a few weeks ago. Then my early boarding was gone & it kept saying “it’s too early”.  Even when I explained that, the lady said there was nothing she could do to get it back. And that if the IT people did book me an arrival it would be a late time.   I reminded her that we were Elite & in a Full Suite.  That made no difference.   She said, “ just go to the terminal anytime & get into the Green Lane line.   Since we are all Green except for the Arrival.”
    So that’s what we are doing.  What a waste of time & aggravation. If it doesn’t work there’s going to be hell to pay.  And I might end up in jail.

I was reading here on the boards that someone told the Ocean Navigator Dept.,  “she wasn’t using the Medallion” & they put all the info in for her. And that we should call them &  have them put in the info.   That for sure didn’t work for me. 

Sorry, I went on & on,

Grace 

7 hours ago, Ronnieslady said:

Same exactly with us.  We board the Grand on the 10th & I called the Ocean Navigator 2 days ago.  Of course I had to wait on hold for reservations for an hour.  Then  another hour to be told there were no longer any early spots open. Even when I told her that I did have Group A 11:30, but after they fixed their problem. The problem was they had the wrong sailing date.  (I was on hold for hours for that too) This was a few weeks ago. Then my early boarding was gone & it kept saying “it’s too early”.  Even when I explained that, the lady said there was nothing she could do to get it back. And that if the IT people did book me an arrival it would be a late time.   I reminded her that we were Elite & in a Full Suite.  That made no difference.   She said, “ just go to the terminal anytime & get into the Green Lane line.   Since we are all Green except for the Arrival.”
    So that’s what we are doing.  What a waste of time & aggravation. If it doesn’t work there’s going to be hell to pay.  And I might end up in jail.

I was reading here on the boards that someone told the Ocean Navigator Dept.,  “she wasn’t using the Medallion” & they put all the info in for her. And that we should call them &  have them put in the info.   That for sure didn’t work for me. 

Sorry, I went on & on,

Grace 

She gave you the right advice.  If Elite/Suite, just show up early if you want - or later - and you will be accommodated.

10 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

You have to call the regular line and then ask to be transferred as they shutdown the direct line.

Thanks.  Altho we're Elite I don't think I've ever heard of the Ocean Navigator line.

What does it do for you?

Thanks again.

3 hours ago, leaneff said:

We are elite and the times just opened on the app this week for sailing on Nov 10th on the Grand.  About a week before!  Contacted Princess via Chat and was told to try back on the app the following day.

Thanks for letting us know.  I actually gave up. The Ocean Navigator department said just go when ever you want & get in the green lane. They might have fixed the glitches.   I was able to do the arrival just now.  We are in a Suite & are Elite . 
     I’m sure you can try it now.    Good luck & Thanks for posting.

Grace

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grimpil said:

OP here, my cruise leaves in 2 days and i am able to pick my arrival time as of today lol. "A" time slot of 1130 was still open

I am so glad you finally got to pick an arrival.  It’s the same time we got last Friday, when you were nice enough to post that arrivals were open.

Thank again,

Grace

I'm 30 days out and it let me choose this morning, once it hit 30 days exactly. I've got the box at the top with the QR code, but for some reason says proceed to blue lane, but right below for arrival status it says green lane, with 4 of the 5 dots checked in green (can't check the last box, health info, until it's closer)...

6 hours ago, Guardsy said:

25 days out on the Regal.  No indication yet that we can pick.  I keep looking at Princess.com and also the Medallion App, but no indication or prompt that I can find.

I'm on the cruise immediately before you (80s YEAH!!!! - sorry).  We've been able to pick an arrival group for close to two weeks.  I don't understand the delay in your case.

On 11/10/2021 at 2:37 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

I'm on the cruise immediately before you (80s YEAH!!!! - sorry).  We've been able to pick an arrival group for close to two weeks.  I don't understand the delay in your case.

Edited by Guardsy