NCL Air

Oakman58

I will just add that there is a delay between the email with the flight info and the flights showing on the Online vacation summary. For me it took a week. So if you miss the email, it may take a few days for you to see the info.

We got ours at 45 days.  The email was sent at 8:30pm.  Great flight go to port.  Return flight is awful. We are from Seattle  so they got us leaving  LAX at 9:30 PM, getting  into Seattle  at 12:30 Monday morning.   There was over 4 other flights  leaving  at 12pm Sunday  that could have got us home sooner.   

Got our NCL air confirmation emails 45 days out.  But way before that, the unticketed/placeholder booking was showing under my UA's FF account.  I even saw the reservation was ticketed 47 days out from embarkation.  Didn't get the non-stop flights we were hoping for, but no long layovers and an 1PM departure from LAX.  Can't ask for much better for BOGO air.

7 hours ago, Wulfwyn said:

No 2 were same price as the one they put us on.  

Maybe so, but the agreement the airline and the cruise line have may have made the ones you got a better price than the ones you would have preferred...

• Like 1

Following….

First time using NCL Air for our upcoming Dec 26 Epic from San Juan cruise.   We have always flown in the day before just in case we encountered flight issues.   Chose the day of this time to be home on Christmas Day and figured it being NCL Air we would be safe and they would get on the ship somewhere down the line if we are late.   

Reading the Safe Sail policies and noticed that if you are late you will not embark.   Wondering if this applies to NCL AIr flights?

Also would  appreciate any tips for Embarking and disembarking from San Juan.  

Thanks

1 hour ago, Ann_Rian said:

Any updates? Or have you spoken with NCL.

I emailed my PCC and he immediately sent me the flight info - my reservation summary is still not updated but at least I was able to get the info and then go onto Delta and pick our seats and whatnot.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jstraw89 said:

Glad you received your information. 40 days out and still no flight info yet! Chatted a rep yesterday and they said there was nothing confirmed yet. I did notice today they changed the general routing to port. 

Hopefully you will get something soon. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not cruising until February 27th, 2022. I booked my cruise with NCL's air and will be originating in Albany, NY traveling to LAX for the Bliss sailing to the Mexican Riviera. I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with the flights.  Earlier is better for me. But my big concern is if I'll be on a red-eye on the way home. I'd rather not have to spend that entire Sunday in LAX when I could be flying home. NCL's air did save me literally hundreds of dollars, so that was what clinched the deal for me, but if I have to take a tour or something in Los Angeles, I guess I will. It will be my first time in that city.  

Any input is greatly appreciated. 

Jill 

1 hour ago, AuntLucky said:

I booked my cruise with NCL's air and will be originating in Albany, NY traveling to LAX for the Bliss sailing to the Mexican Riviera. I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with the flights.

I did that EXACT trip in October, 2019 (including the ship and cruise itinerary).  I had a 6 or 7 AM flight from Albany to Atlanta on Delta, 1 hour layover in Atlanta (turned into about 20-25 minutes by weather), landed in LAX early enough to be at my hotel (near the airport) by noon.  I did a 1 day deviation, advisable especially when traveling cross-country.

Return flight was a red-eye through Philly.  I rented a car and went to see some sights around LA during the day, came back to the airport in time for dinner then waited for the flight.

• Like 2

Notes on the Margin - - - - -

Helter - Skelter --- at Best

You book your cruise with NCL Air Travel included months in advance - - -
Yes airlines schedules and fares change - - -
So NCL wants to book the travel at the least fare with perhaps the fewest problems
to be encountered i.e. connecting flight - flights obviously late enough to miss the sailing
Nothing is much certain until about 45 days from sailing - - -
Obviously NCL is not booking Premium First Business flights - - -
Maybe more like coach at the back of the bus - - -
The fares are however no doubt BULK brokered at a discount (since the seat maybe
left empty otherwise) NCL and the airline are both profiting from this !
Seat selection - you do it yourself after finding what airline and flight ? ? ?
As for Baggage Fees (there is always those FEES) -
Some airlines charge -
Credit Card affinity - fees waived
Frequent Flyer status fees waived
Check Baggage is free - (but cavet no carry-on or carry on charged)

Asking for travel accommodation a day or two earlier than the cruise or after seems
to be a user unfriendly transaction - you are trying to be timely boarding the ship on the
day of the cruise - yet NCL may want your late arrival to hold up the sailing because of
a schedule that they sold you !
NCL is not paying for your hotel pre-post cruise unless part of a tour package - - -
Airline fares don't usually change a few days apart - so -
"What part of convenience does NCL not understand" 

Work up an alternate plan to see if you can get a better user friendly schedule even though
it may cost a shekel or two more.

Once NCL assigns a flight schedule to your booking see if you can have it changed either
by talking with NCL or the airline - - -
Have a frequent flyer affinity with a specific airline and that one happens to be the one
NCL has assigned you see if you can barter a better time flight class of service deal !
If you travel a lot you should be savvy to how to better the system to your advantage.

Above all don't be a lemming taking a lemming cruise !

What's the latest that anyone has gotten their info on the NCL booked flights?  I'm 39 days out now and haven't heard anything.  I did notice that today my placeholder "PIT-CLT, CLT-LAX" changed to "PIT-CHI, CHI-LAX", but still no details either on the website or in my email.

6 minutes ago, kpjb said:

What's the latest that anyone has gotten their info on the NCL booked flights?  I'm 39 days out now and haven't heard anything.  I did notice that today my placeholder "PIT-CLT, CLT-LAX" changed to "PIT-CHI, CHI-LAX", but still no details either on the website or in my email.

I'm 45 days out and the air/hotel drop down just started getting populated with the gateways to and from. I'm expecting to see the rest of the details at any time now.

We booked with NCL Air. We are flying in a day early, but flying back debark day. I am hoping for early morning flights in and hope to fly out no later than 3PM. Regardless, we will live what they get us. The price difference between what I paid NCL and what I can get them for is about $1,600 for 3 RT flights.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Capt.F said:

I’ve been booking for years unpublished air as long as you have a current cruise booking without using the cruise lines air. Works great on international flights at via-trav.com

Be nice if that site invested in an SSL Cert.  Even though no financial (or other) info is collected on the site, it is simply good practice these days.  No cert on any site is a red flag (IT security guy here 🙂  ).