Is QM2 stateroom ready?

tlcm

In our many sailings experiences, our cabin which is in Club Britannia Class is always ready. 

On our boarding once the ship is ready and announced for embarkation boarding, going directly to the cabin our room is ready to enter. Our steward/stewardess is also in the hallway awaiting to greet us.

By the way......This is at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal in Redhook Brooklyn, NY......

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Underwatr said:

Yes. On boarding you may go straight to your room.

Ok.  Thank you!  As I understand it, I'll be giving my luggage to the people in the cruise terminal and they deliver it to my stateroom later.  Is there an option to just take my luggage on board myself at the time of embarkation?

50 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Why would you want to do that? It will just make the process slower and more tiring, and could be difficult for the security scanners, which are designed for hand luggage really. Luggage usually arrives pretty quickly.

OK...I see.  I was worried that I might not be able to dress for dinner, and I didn't want to carry my "dinner clothes" in my hand luggage.

1 hour ago, tlcm said:

Ok.  Thank you!  As I understand it, I'll be giving my luggage to the people in the cruise terminal and they deliver it to my stateroom later.  Is there an option to just take my luggage on board myself at the time of embarkation?

You will naturally want to keep valuables, meds, likely a change of clothes in your possession, but there is little reason to want to tote everything:  burdening yourself, blocking others behind you as you stagger along, and take up more room in elevators to your deck - again inconveniencing others.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, navybankerteacher said:

You will naturally want to keep valuables, meds, likely a change of clothes in your possession, but there is little reason to want to tote everything:  burdening yourself, blocking others behind you as you stagger along, and take up more room in elevators to your deck - again inconveniencing others.

I'm sending my formal wear ahead of time to be delivered directly to my room.  I would just have a small rolling suitcase...I would never want to take a chance of  inconveniencing others.  I try to do just the opposite.  That's part of why I ask so many questions...to make sure everything is "smooth sailing" for everyone!😉 

First night is never formal, so at a pinch you can wear what you embark in. However, whatever cabin grade I've been in, luggage has arrived well before emergency drill (not happening now, I know). The only time it didn't, it was because the label had come off my husband's case, and I had to go down to the purser's office and identify it from a row of labelfree cases.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

First night is never formal, so at a pinch you can wear what you embark in. However, whatever cabin grade I've been in, luggage has arrived well before emergency drill (not happening now, I know). The only time it didn't, it was because the label had come off my husband's case, and I had to go down to the purser's office and identify it from a row of labelfree cases.

Thank you!  I will take extra care to give my luggage tag a rigorous test!

Usually boarding is complete before 4pm and first sitting is at least two hours later.

Even when given a later boarding time our luggage has always been outside our room by 4pm, often earlier, so full access to anything packed in cases is not an issue at all and, as has been mentioned, the first night is deliberately never formal dress.

The tip re labels is extremely relevant. Some tags get ripped off by the rigours of moving and sorting all those cases - it is nobody's fault - so we are laminators and staplers every time in the serenity of getting ready for our cruise at home, rather than looking out into the corridor every five minutes before realising there may be a problem!

• Thanks 1

I ended up purchasing some cruise-specific luggage tags that will hold the room labels - you can get them from Amazon (just make sure you're getting ones of the correct dimensions - the Cunard labels are long and skinny, as compared to shorter and wider (which I think Royal Caribbean uses?). It also makes putting the tags on at the end of the trip much easier as well.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, neeuqdrazil said:

I ended up purchasing some cruise-specific luggage tags that will hold the room labels - you can get them from Amazon (just make sure you're getting ones of the correct dimensions - the Cunard labels are long and skinny, as compared to shorter and wider (which I think Royal Caribbean uses?). It also makes putting the tags on at the end of the trip much easier as well.  

Clever!  Thank you for the tip.  

I found a set of four skinny long tags on eBay for $5 including shipping.  I'm flying in to the port, so I don't want to attach them before I leave home.  This way, I won't have to bug the hotel for a stapler.  

The older I get, the more I'm willing to pay for peace of mind!  😂

• Like 2