Guaranteed cabin with smaller number of cabins booked

tbmrt

Totally get that with a guarantee cabin, you must take what you get. 

That being said, if you booked a guarantee cabin wouldn't your chances of getting a non-obstructed view cabin be better due to less cabins booked on a ship at this time?

That will vary on the ship and the sailing. Many ships are holding some cabins for possible quarantining of passengers and crew, and those cabins are not available to be booked. My understanding frequently those cabins are outside and balcony cabins. 

So what you think might be available, may not actually be available. Trying to outsmart the GTY system rarely succeeds. 

• Like 2

I don't know that there's any reason to think a guarantee cabin is more likely to result in a better cabin. Even if cabins are being booked at lower occupancy there's no knowing what logic is being used for cabin availability. They could be doing every other cabin or every other floor. 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 2:32 AM, tbmrt said:

Totally get that with a guarantee cabin, you must take what you get. 

That being said, if you booked a guarantee cabin wouldn't your chances of getting a non-obstructed view cabin be better due to less cabins booked on a ship at this time?

Once your cabin is finally assigned you can move to any other open cabin in the same category.  I think this is why cabin assignments are coming closer to sail dates.  We have had several GTY'S in the past and have always moved to a different cabin. This has always been on Royal Caribbean. 

Edited by taglovestocruise

10 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Once your cabin is finally assigned you can move to any other open cabin in the same category.  I think this is why cabin assignments are coming closer to sail dates.  We have had several GTY'S in the past and have always moved to a different cabin. This has always been on Royal Caribbean. 

I didn't realize changing after the GTY cabin is assigned is that easy or common.   I assume you didn't like the GTY assigned so asked to be moved.   We've not opted for a GTY cabin up to now.  Good to know there may be options.