When does the spa open?

blueskadoo

Hello all. 30 days out for our first X cruise and question about spa treatments. We’re on Equinox and really hoping to relax. On our last cruise pre-shutdown on Carnival, we were able to start things right with a massage right after sail away. I was hoping to replicate that, and was curious when the Celebrity spa opens for treatments. With all the tours and open houses, I was surprised they could get us in and we just stumbled on it, but it was such a nice way to start a trip. I couldn’t figure out how to do a mock booking in the app, so I appreciate any insight.  Thank you! 

My other half had a 2:00 p.m. appointment (boarding began at 11:30) on our cruise in late July.  They gave her 70 mins for the price of 50 mins.  She really enjoyed starting our week with something so relaxing but did mention it was a little weird with all the traffic in the spa that day.

Edited by Team Stag

14 minutes ago, Team Stag said:

My other half had a 2:00 p.m. appointment (boarding began at 11:30) on our cruise in late July.  They gave her 70 mins for the price of 50 mins.  She really enjoyed starting our week with something so relaxing but did mention it was a little weird with all the traffic in the spa that day.

A follow up, when was she able to book it? In advance or once on board? 

I can't comment on EQ, but I was able to pre-book a pedicure @12:30 departure day on the Constellation out of Tampa in Feb.

In the past, yes, one had to wait until after muster for any service up there, but since that has gone away, check your cruise planner.  I found it accidently on mine, and was pleased to even get about a $20 discount! 

Could be just the salon, not the spa, but do check. 

1 hour ago, blueskadoo said:

A follow up, when was she able to book it? In advance or once on board? 

She booked in advance.  I did ask for a little more info; she said - the massage was great and the tours didn't impact her treatment at all although the atmosphere was not as serene as her visit later in the week.  

Hi!  You can book in advance online in the Cruise Planner and choose your day and time.  The app does not allow for booking.    You can also go right to the spa when you board if you want the best selection of appointments.  Captain's Club Members get a discount with % based on tier. I booked onboard for a pedicure and manicure and was able to get an appointment the next day.   As the week went by, they did offer 'package' discounts for massage type services.  

I just got off the Equinox and the spa was openly daily from 8am - 10pm.  You can definitely make appointments for embarkation day.  

🍹

18 hours ago, Susandt said:

How is the spa on equinox?  We have only  cruised on Ncl.  If your not in a spa room can you buy a pass, what is the price?

If you are Aqua class, then you have free access to Persian gardens. Otherwise, yiu have to buy daily access.

For spa treatments (massages, facials etc) you can book them in advance or on board. veryone pays a fee.

It should be mentioned that:

- the treatment rooms on Equinox are down a long spiral staircase

- the dressing room is communal, and only separated by gender

- you get a robe that maybe fits a size 14 max (must be returned)

- you get a one size OLD pair of rubber slide-on sandals that are just plain icky (must be returned)

- the pre-questionnaire is NOT designed to customize treatment. It's creates a script for the service provider to sell you products afterward (similar to listening to a timeshare pitch)

- then you get to climb back up the stairs

Not a particularly relaxing before and after.

14 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

If you are Aqua class, then you have free access to Persian gardens. Otherwise, yiu have to buy daily access.

For spa treatments (massages, facials etc) you can book them in advance or on board. veryone pays a fee.

It should be mentioned that:

- the treatment rooms on Equinox are down a long spiral staircase

- you get a robe that maybe fits a size 14 max (must be returned)

- you get a one size OLD pair of rubber slide-on sandals that are just plain icky (must be returned)

- the pre-questionnaire is NOT designed to customize treatment. It's creates a script for the service provider to sell you products afterward (similar to listening to a timeshare pitch)

- then you get to climb back up the stairs

Not a particularly relaxing before and after.

You needn't take the spiral back stairs if that's an issue.  You can just take the regular stairs to deck 11 and head forward toward the relax room.  I'd agree to bring your own flippies.

4 hours ago, marieps said:

You needn't take the spiral back stairs if that's an issue.  You can just take the regular stairs to deck 11 and head forward toward the relax room.  I'd agree to bring your own flippies.

stairs are still stairs for those with mobility issues..  This was an extremely poor design.

53 minutes ago, Susandt said:

Can a pass be bought for Persian garden, if so how much.  

yes, it depnds upon whether it is a sea day or port day. Sometimes there are specials.  

Sold in advance it's $69/person/day.  A week is $219 or for 2 people a week is $399

Also, the different class ships have a different experience.  You should wait until you get on board, tour it, and then decide if its worth it.  Passes are limited.

5 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

What makes the most sense and I'm sure what 99% of people do is change in the spa locker rooms then proceed down to the relaxation area to wait for your therapist. That's generally the procedure on all cruiseships and landbased spas unless it's only a day spa with limited facilities. That's the whole purpose of the men's and women's locker rooms.

2 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

stairs are still stairs for those with mobility issues..  This was an extremely poor design.

C'Mon Guppy.  There's an elevator too.  Right across from the forward staircase.  Were they supposed to design a ship with no stairs?   The spiral is simply a back door into the spa from the forward AQ rooms.  Folks on our cabin crawl on Eclipse thought it was cool.

• Like 1