Updated Laundry package info

Janet&Carl

Any up to date info on Laundry service out there?  I have read two things one in the sticky and one on the MSC website. 

The sticky states that the service can be used at any time thoughout the cruise  and this is usually my experience onboard however there is new wording on the website.

Given that MSC office and MSC ship are usually different in their opinions I did wonder if anyone had recently used a package.    If you have, were you able to send items as needed or did you have to send them all at once.  I have used the 40 item package before and sent items as needed throughout the cruise however the website now states ...." Item allowance must be used all together in a single delivery. Multiple deliveries are not accepted. Items are collected before 12.00pm, returned before dinner the next day. Refund not available for unused item allowance."   

23 minutes ago, Janet&Carl said:

Any up to date info on Laundry service out there?  I have read two things one in the sticky and one on the MSC website. 

The sticky states that the service can be used at any time thoughout the cruise  and this is usually my experience onboard however there is new wording on the website.

Given that MSC office and MSC ship are usually different in their opinions I did wonder if anyone had recently used a package.    If you have, were you able to send items as needed or did you have to send them all at once.  I have used the 40 item package before and sent items as needed throughout the cruise however the website now states ...." Item allowance must be used all together in a single delivery. Multiple deliveries are not accepted. Items are collected before 12.00pm, returned before dinner the next day. Refund not available for unused item allowance."   

I think the problem is that, like so many things with MSC, it varies. It probably varies US vs Europe, and probably also varies by ship and even sailing.

And, of course...covid. So who knows what it will be like now?

I've seen posts on here where people sent things as needed. This was all pre-covid. I haven't seen any post-covid reports.

Hi, as the others said...there are sometimes ship/location specific guidelines.

Same with all lines, hotels, rentals, etc...be flexible and creative🧐

I have found it to be as needed/used throughout the cruise.

Always have printed out which package you purchased and discuss with your steward early in your cruise; have always experienced that they will try to please and accommodate regardless of actual "guidelines".  Also if your 1st discussion includes a nice gesture...things just seem to happen...I choose to always grease the wheel at the start of the journey, the ROI is awesome. 

As most do on longer trips, bring woolite or other hand-wash laundry soap and do some items in sink/shower.

Will be departing next month on b2b for 18 nights and have the 40pc package.

Cheers! Enjoy your cruise!

7 hours ago, Beamafar said:

If I remember (🙄) I’ll ask the steward when we’re on Seashore on Friday, if the question isn’t answered before then.  

Thanks!  Have a great cruise!  Good preparation for you for YC in March!

Tacking on to this - what happens if we include, say, DH's dress pants - will they be laundered or dry cleaned?  It's somewhat confusing with the package b/c it says laundering, but then there is a note about cocktail dresses and men's suits that take extra time b/c of special handling.  If I can get DH's clothes cleaned appropriately I'll just take them onboard dirty 🙂

6 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Thanks!  Have a great cruise!  Good preparation for you for YC in March!

Cheers, J.   Will get to enjoy the lower decks on this one.   Won’t feel so bad hanging out in TSL, then. 😁  Have our flights booked and paid for, so no backing out now.  

This is nothing new.  When we were on the Divina back in 2018 it was this way.  I happened to have a printed out paper from the website saying that we could send them out individually and they did honor it but they stated that it had changed.  As for 2019 on the Seaside, we were told we had to send it out all at once and no exceptions and the website stated then it had to all be sent out at once.  I do believe they changed the wording back in 2019. 

• Like 1

I remember it being changed to having it all sent out in one go and toward the end of the cruise (which seems crazy if a lot of people were to do it.  Seems like a lot of pressure on the poor guys who work in the laundry!)

I don’t have our clothes laundered onboard but I do use the ironing service at the beginning of the cruise and am miffed that the discount for Diamond members seems to have been discontinued.  At €4.50 for each shirt, it works out quite pricey.  When in YC, we’ve always managed to have the butler apply the laundry package price for our ironing. 

I just finished two weeks (9/25-10/9) on the Meraviglia and had pre purchased two -20 item laundry passes.

They have nice paper laundry bags; which I filled with the right number of items, filled out the form and noted that I had pre purchased the laundry pass on the form.  I left it for the butler on the bed when I left in the morning and it was hanging up by the time returned to get ready for dinner.  No doubt that the speed was a combo of YC/ship only about 25% full.  I did this for each time since as noted that that all 20 items had to go at once when I bought the pass.

Note****toward the end of the second week the butler did say that laundry was not available on the last full day before debarkation....so I took that as send the last round of laundry the morning of the next to last night, but as always YMMV.

I do not send any dry clean only through the laundry, I save it for the place at home.

Edited by diver0311
  • Like 2