Changing my cabin category

Scrst

Before I contact my TA, I thought I’d try for some experiences from this group:  I am thinking of changing my cabin from a veranda to an outside.  Would I have to cancel my booking and rebook?  If so, would this happen if I upgraded my cabin?

If my memory serves me right, here in the UK you cannot downgrade. You cannot move to a cabin costing less than the one you originally booked. I have to say that it is quite some time since we tried to do this. We were actually transferring the booking to another sailing and wanted to take a lower grade cabin but it was refused. As Jelayne says different t&c’s apply depending on location. 

• Thanks 1

Is your deposit refundable?  If so, I would cancel and rebook.  If not, keep your eye on the fares every day.  Sometimes they drop and you can certainly call and get the saving.  Good luck with your decision.

I went through this.  My DH booked us in a concierge class on Edge, thinking it had a real balcony.  Once we realized the mistake, it was a job to change rooms.  I wanted to change from concierge class to sunset veranda.  They would not let me change the existing reservation because it was a "downgrade".  I ended up cancelling the cc room and booking an sv.  The SV cost me almost $500 more.  This was all in the matter of one day.  I was on the phone explaining that the cc rooms have infinite balconies, which we are not interested in.  The rep was arguing with me saying that it clearly says "private balcony" in the room description. It took about 2 hours, but it worked.