Butcher’s Cut book now or onboard?

styles27

I sign in to my MSC account 

Under my cruise details (the page that comes up when you sign in) scroll down to “enhance my cruise”

and 

“Specialty restaurants” will show up 

Click on that 

If you’re doing a 3 day cruise not sure you can book them in advance. 

34DEC884-3C1C-449F-A201-6FA751E69A31.png

DE1CFE37-63EB-4D41-B51D-568CDB47631D.png

1 hour ago, styles27 said:

Under my cruise details (the page that comes up when you sign in) scroll down to “enhance my cruise”

and 

Click on that 

Ok, thanks for all the info. When I scroll down all that is available is the two dining packages. I appreciate the screen shots. At least I know I'm not blind. It's just not there. I might call if I have time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edawn said:

Ok, thanks for all the info. When I scroll down all that is available is the two dining packages. I appreciate the screen shots. At least I know I'm not blind. It's just not there. I might call if I have time.

You aren't the only one. I can also only book the 3 or 4 day packages. With the 4 day you get Mexican added but it's a LOT more.

I think I posted this on another thread. The Butchers Cut is very misleading. You pick it and go to menu and see all these steaks, ribeye, T bone, tomahawk that are alacart.

But for the dining experience you paid $77 for 3 restaurants you get a 8 oz fillet mignon.

if you want anything of the other choices you pay 50% of the alacart price in addition to $77/3. There are a couple choices in addition to the fillet, lamb chops or something.

Seafood  restaurant you don’t get lobster unless you pay an additional charge.

Same thing with their drink package you get the easy plus package that goes upto $9. You buy a $15 drink you pay $15 not the difference or additional $6. You basically get no credit for your drink package if you go over. Celebrity did this years ago then stopped it and let you pay the difference now..just thoughts!

54 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

I think I posted this on another thread. The Butchers Cut is very misleading. You pick it and go to menu and see all these steaks, ribeye, T bone, tomahawk that are alacart.

But for the dining experience you paid $77 for 3 restaurants you get a 8 oz fillet mignon.

if you want anything of the other choices you pay 50% of the alacart price in addition to $77/3. There are a couple choices in addition to the fillet, lamb chops or something.

Seafood  restaurant you don’t get lobster unless you pay an additional charge.

Same thing with their drink package you get the easy plus package that goes upto $9. You buy a $15 drink you pay $15 not the difference or additional $6. You basically get no credit for your drink package if you go over. Celebrity did this years ago then stopped it and let you pay the difference now..just thoughts!

Awe, it ain't that bad for a little bit over $25 with no tip/ service charge if you buy in advance..    The filet is way bigger than 8 oz it's more like about 12.   I get mine cooked rare and it was huge and served with four dipping sauces  Add to that a very unique appetizer of a blueberry tart pastry with goat cheese and or an actual lava cake that spewed chocolate not just had a great name, I'll take that any day of the week at that price.   At Ocean k for the same price of a little over $25, I got a huge piece of ahi tuna cooked rare and awesome homemade crab cake and a creme brulee.  Sold.  Sure you can go all out and spend more money maybe be disappointed but there is no reason on God's green earth to be upset with that kind of a meal at that kind of a price with the dining experience booked in advance.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 4:18 AM, styles27 said:

I’m on Divina. Maybe Meraviglia only sells packages?  I’m not sure. 

That’s the reason.   There are more SRs on the newer ships.

That’s a great offer for BC - $37.  I’d book it at that price if I could get it.  No 15% sc added, either. 

They offer discounts when onboard (you may have to ask for one - we were offered one by the manager last week. BC was almost empty the night we ate there).  I didn’t ask, but I believe it’s usually 20%.  When onboard, you’ll pay another 15% service charge on top of the package price or discounted rate.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

I was qualified for a special dinner at Butcher's Cut, but had to order from the restricted menu.  Reviewing the regular menu and seeing the significantly more desirable options available, I chose not to take advantage of my "special" free dinner.  

I love fillets as well but they promote specialty dining. Then after you pay if you’re fortunate enough to find out prior it’s a restricted menu they don’t tell you about and then never tell you if you want a t bone, ribeye ,tomahawk it’s 1/2 that price in addition to what you already paid.

Bottom line just misleading and the same with the drink package. I understand you need to do research and that’s on the cruiser. But just seems like it’s not right to,do that.

just me.. Sorry if you disagree..

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2021 at 5:21 AM, Beamafar said:

That’s a great offer for BC - $37.  I’d book it at that price if I could get it.  No 15% sc added, either. 

The BC on Divina last week was $59+; if you can pre-book at $37 that's a GREAT deal.

• Like 1

That’s for Butchers Cut Chef Table.  

B09C264A-F372-45E5-9FD9-DA384D3679D1.thumb.jpeg.641475093e35f2a5de6160563d82115f.jpeg

There’s a Dining Experience section on the menu for $59 pp which is also what’s offered to Diamond members.  You can get a discount on that when onboard (you may have to ask for it) and you will pay 15% service charge in addition to any price you’re quoted.  This set menu is not available to book prior to sailing.

I posted a photo of the menu recently.  I’ll see if I can dig it up.  It’s included in a review I did of a Meraviglia cruise, so I’ll find it there and post it here.  

You can see the different packages available to purchase before the cruise for each ship on this website - it's accurate for my last 3 cruises:  

https://www.msccruises.com/en-gl/Discover-MSC/Speciality-Restaurants-Packages.aspx

I have never seen the onboard prices being less than pre-booking, so if you know you want it that's the way to go.  

On 10/30/2021 at 1:21 PM, styles27 said:

and 

Click on that 

Mine just has the option of the triptic and the finest four.

On 11/2/2021 at 5:03 PM, rkacruiser said:

I was qualified for a special dinner at Butcher's Cut, but had to order from the restricted menu.  Reviewing the regular menu and seeing the significantly more desirable options available, I chose not to take advantage of my "special" free dinner.  

You were offered free 8oz filet mignon and you passed?  Some people are hard to please!

The Trilogy package for $77 seems like a steal.  Butcher's Cut, Kaito Sushi, and even though it says Ocean Kay at the summary, when you go to book (MSC Meraviglia) it has Italian instead of Ocean Kay.  Comes out to $25.67 pp/per meal.

Does anyone know what the Italian choices are with the package?

First time cruising, so I don't know when we'll eat- can I book times now and change them later?  I was thinking we could do Butcher's and Italian for 2 dinners, and do the sushi for a lunch.

image.png.e988199854b33e9c388f6b6259a48d75.png

Edited by buckeye25osu