Am I understanding this statement about when to use FCC by?

Gracelyn

AnyoAnyone choosing to cancel will receive a full refund in the form of a future cruise credit to be used for sailings that embark through December 31, 2022.ne choosing to cancel will receive a full refund in the form of a future cruise credit to be used for sailings that embark 

So we had to cancel and rebook our March cruise on the POA, we rebooked it till November 22.

as you can see above, we have until December 31 to use our FCC.

Am I right in understanding that I can use my FCC up until March 31, 2022? I started to panic thinking that the book by date waDecember 20 21 which I’ve done. Now I have the rest of the FCC other than the down payment, do I have to use the rest of the FCC before December 31, 2021?

gracelyn 

5 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The expiration dates of your FCC is shown on your MyNCL account. 

Yes, it expires dec 31/22 but it has a book by date of dec21/21. So am I to use all the FCC by the “ book by date” ? That’s my concern…..

1 hour ago, Gracelyn said:

Yes, it expires dec 31/22 but it has a book by date of dec21/21. So am I to use all the FCC by the “ book by date” ? That’s my concern…..

Good question.  I've been under the impression that all the FCC has to be applied to cruise bookings by Dec 31 this year, for cruises sailing up to the end of next year (using the most common expiry dates).

But I can see how it could be interpreted to mean that cruises have to be booked with a deposit by the end of this year ("booked by") then the FCC applied to the bookings later, as long as you sail in 2022.  I don't think this is correct, but it would be good if it was.  It's very hard for us to know at this stage which cruises we'll be able to get to in 2022.

Rob, exactly!! I’m not sure the answer. My TA said it’s good till 12/22 

but I’m feeling very uncomfortable with this. I don’t want to be in danger of losing it all. 
not sure a rep at NCL can clarify but I will try.  

1 hour ago, Gracelyn said:

Rob, exactly!! I’m not sure the answer. My TA said it’s good till 12/22 

but I’m feeling very uncomfortable with this. I don’t want to be in danger of losing it all. 
not sure a rep at NCL can clarify but I will try.  

Your TA is half correct. Please see my previous post as it was confirmed by my PCC at NCL.

My NCL PCC also confirmed that the FCCs are to be applied by Dec 31,  2021 for voyage end by Dec 31, 2022.

I am not certain in the situation of price drops during 2022 and one needs to rebook, i.e. cancel and rebook the cruise with a new booking number. I think during the normal day, the FCCs are to be credited back to the Latitude account first before they are to reapply again on the new booking. If this is the case, the FCCs' "book by" date will then be expired. 

Ok, just got off the phone with a rep …..yes Serengeti all must be applied by dec 21 and the issue then comes for cancellation for any in 2022 where our book by date was dec21……if we have to cancel and rebook must be by nov 21 or all FCC IS INVALID AS EXPIRY DATE HAS PASSED   

at this point there is NOT talk of extending it passed dec 21 because they then have to apply for an extension but all those we are holding will be expired. 
so they get you. 
here’s to hoping we don’t have to cancel again. 

• 2 weeks later...

My agent said I could book before 31 Dec 21 for a 2022 cruise and apply the FCCs now. Then, if I wanted to change to a different cruise, he could just move the FCCs from the 1st one to a different one (although I assume it still must depart before 12/31/22).    But if I had to cancel due to say health issue in early 2022 (not rebook), then the FCCs would be expired and voided.  

Really very confusing and no good NCL detailed explanation - seems normal for cruise lines.  

I am going to book for mid 2022 and apply all my FCCs before Dec 2021.  And just hope that i do not have to change.    

I can see people not booking their FCCs by 31 Dec and then get very upset they become worthless.  And in the same vein, book for late 2022 and then just prior to sailing have to cancel and lose all of their FCCs.  

I understand the FCCs given back in late 2020 seemed ok as it would be a year to book and use - then most cruises did not sail until July or Aug 2021, shortening the time that one could book/use.  They should, like hotels, extend the expiration dates by at least 3 more months.

On 10/23/2021 at 11:53 PM, BirdTravels said:

The expiration dates of your FCC is shown on your MyNCL account. 

But it should also show the Book By date (or else it will be voided) - which it does not. Many will think they have FCCs they can use to book in 2022 and then be upset when they find out they are no good any longer.   And we are talking about thousands of $$ for many.

I need to schedule a cruise ASAP but I just can't make up my mind. I have had some personal health issues and 2 close family members with cancer. They are both in treatment currently.  It's just really stressful I want to cruise again so bad but just not sure what dates will work best. I know the clock is ticking on my FCC's. 

Tracie