Beverage Package Pricing

njkate

On 10/25/2021 at 5:11 PM, Presbycruiser67 said:

If I drank enough to make the beverage package worth the mobwy it would blow out my liver.  How do so many people drink so much???

Tolerance? Actually in my case it is the beverages of choice. I am usually lucky enough to catch them between $47 and $53. Since you only pay the difference for beverage over the price limit ($13), and my wine of choice is $15 a glass, it only takes 4 wines to get my money's worth (1 on the way to dinner, 1 with dinner, the other 2-4 at shows and later nightlife depending on next days activities. Toss in fresh OJ every morning, real coffee, and 3-4 bottles of water a day and it is easy for me to justify it even on a port day. Sea days toss in a few pina colada's with good rum or a beer or scotch or two and it is a no brainer. Once you hit Diamond with the vouchers (yea! 2022) , all the calculations change.

I got $50 for my upcoming 11 night cruise on Anthem Jan. 31. It's up to $57 right now. I keep checking but I don't expect it much lower. Gratuities are additional.

Edited by nferr
  • Like 1

I guess I'm just cheep. I just can't justify in my mind paying 57.00 per day per person + 18% gratuities for a drinks package. I guess I have been spoiled with Princess Plus fares where you get the Premier drinks, WiFi, and all gratuities included for 40.00 a night Plus they give you a 50.00 OBC per person. Royal just seems too exorbitant with their drinks package pricing when comparing with the other brands.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, cbettua said:

Right now my Jan 23rd sailing is at $58.00. DO you guys think it may drop a bit more?

If I were you, I would buy it at $58, but keep watching it. If it goes lower, you can always cancel and repurchase. Just know that the refund isn't automatic and you'll wait a few days before the credit shows up on your credit card.

• Like 1

I’m not a huge alcohol drinker. On vacation maybe 2 drinks a day. But love the coffee, water and fresh juice option. If I decided to buy refreshment package how much would a shot cost?  Was thinking I could get a few mocktails and add a shot. No idea if this is the most cost effective way of doing it for me. 

On 10/26/2021 at 9:48 PM, harmonysrq said:

I want to purchase the DBP and My roommate doesn’t want it. 

I just read this in the fine print:

Each adult of legal drinking age assigned to the same stateroom must purchase this package. Price shown is per person, per day.

how does that work if I purchase online? Are we both going to be charged for that package?

If you try to book this online yes, it will charge for both people. 

However if you call you can book 1 deluxe package and the refreshment package for the other person 

7 hours ago, lieslt said:

I’m not a huge alcohol drinker. On vacation maybe 2 drinks a day. But love the coffee, water and fresh juice option. If I decided to buy refreshment package how much would a shot cost?  Was thinking I could get a few mocktails and add a shot. No idea if this is the most cost effective way of doing it for me. 

Roughly $8, depending on what you get. Plus gratuity, plus tax if applicable to that departure port 

Can anyone tell me if your allowed to use your drink package while your in port? I’m sailing to Alaska in September, I’m trying to decide if I should get the drink package for my family of 3. 

On 10/25/2021 at 4:11 PM, Presbycruiser67 said:

If I drank enough to make the beverage package worth the mobwy it would blow out my liver.  How do so many people drink so much???

That only comes to a little over five drinks (alcoholic) a day if it is $71 ($13 for each drink).  That does not include the other things available.  A Bloody Mary or Mimosa in the morning, a drink or two on deck during the day, and a couple at night get you there quicker than you might think.  

The drinks are not usually that strong, either...

• Like 2

$61.99 per day is the lowest that we have seen for our June 2022 cruise.  Considering that Mariner is currently scheduled for both CocoCay and Labadee, two ports where the DBP work, I think that's pretty reasonable.  However, now that Labadee is probably a "no go," I am going to wait to see if that daily rate drops ever so slightly.  I think if we see the price anywhere in the 50s, we will purchase and stop looking at the cruise planner.  As much as I love a bargain, I don't have the patience to check the rate three times a week.

1 hour ago, TexasRon said:

That only comes to a little over five drinks (alcoholic) a day if it is $71 ($13 for each drink).  That does not include the other things available.  A Bloody Mary or Mimosa in the morning, a drink or two on deck during the day, and a couple at night get you there quicker than you might think.  

The drinks are not usually that strong, either...

"Quicker than you might think" is so true.  

We have not cruised RCCL, yet, but expect our days to be similar than on our previous cruises.  When you add in an Irish Coffee in the morning, a few Diet Cokes or bottled teas mid-day, and a Frappuccino or milk shake in the afternoon, you get there "quicker than you think."   We tried skipping the drink package once and that bill at the end of the cruise about knocked me off my feet.  NEVER again.

• Like 1

I am a UK cruiser, sailing from Miami in January on the Oasis.  Today on a 'pre cruise special' the cost of the DBP is £44.08 which comes to £52 when you add on the 18% gratuity.  At today's exchange rate this equates to $71.23 which seems a lot more than on the US sites going by the comments on this topic.

Does anyone know if the UK ever gets offered a better price?  I'm wondering if I should hold on for a bit or if this is going to be as good as it gets. 

Also I have OBC which I could use towards the cost but if I cancel to rebook if the price dropped what would happen to the OBC, would it go back on to my account to be used again?

Many thanks.

2 hours ago, lovetoholiday said:

Also I have OBC which I could use towards the cost but if I cancel to rebook if the price dropped what would happen to the OBC, would it go back on to my account to be used again?

The OBC will be go straight back onto your account for use.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Jllear said:

Can anyone tell me if your allowed to use your drink package while your in port? I’m sailing to Alaska in September, I’m trying to decide if I should get the drink package for my family of 3. 

You can you beverages package on the ship at anytime.  Just have sales tax some places when at the dock.  

4 hours ago, lovetoholiday said:

I am a UK cruiser, sailing from Miami in January on the Oasis.  Today on a 'pre cruise special' the cost of the DBP is £44.08 which comes to £52 when you add on the 18% gratuity.  At today's exchange rate this equates to $71.23 which seems a lot more than on the US sites going by the comments on this topic.

Does anyone know if the UK ever gets offered a better price?  I'm wondering if I should hold on for a bit or if this is going to be as good as it gets. 

Many thanks.

US prices you see discussed here are often prior to the gratuity being added. $71 incl the gratuity isn’t that unusual 

1 hour ago, Misbehavin8175 said:

For those that have cruised over the last couple of weeks, have the prices increase on drinks? Wine, beer, mixed drinks, soda, water. Just wondering if the supply chain issues have hit the cruise lines yet?

Well maybe not a very recent increase but large increases since pre Covid.  A 12 oz domestic beer is now over $8 with tip.  Pre Covid prices a lot less and you got a 16 oz can, talking Miller Lite, Bud Light, etc. 

38 minutes ago, snowbird1 said:

Well maybe not a very recent increase but large increases since pre Covid.  A 12 oz domestic beer is now over $8 with tip.  Pre Covid prices a lot less and you got a 16 oz can, talking Miller Lite, Bud Light, etc. 

Bud Light was $7.50 plus 18% tip pre Covid, so $8.85.