Another “LIVE from the Edge” thread??? Yes it is…….

mac_tlc

4 hours ago, maggieq said:

Looking forward to your live review. The 9/4 sailing of the edge was our first cruise since allure in 2/2020.  Tempted to try rccl again in December but the edge provided us such a close to pre covid vacation as possible, not sure rccl would. 

Was the mask wearing on allure more than just hallways, elevators, get to destination and then take off?

have a great cruise  

On Allure, masks were required in hallways, elevators, on Royal Promenade and in any store along it. If you were actively eating/drinking in Sorrentos or the Pub you did not need a mask. No masks required outside. If you err on the “unvaccinated” level of the theatre or Studio B,  you needed to wear the mask throughout the show. 

mac_tlc

Well we made it onboard!!!! Here is an approximate timeline:

11:37- dropped off rental at Budget

12:04- arrived at terminal 25. 
12:06- approach Retreat entrance, show vaccination card and negative test and sea pass.

12:08- in terminal Retreat Lounge, show all three again, have picture taken. Spent a couple minutes chatting with Houssain, the Retreat Comcierge. We have been on cruises with him on Equinox and Edge in July.

12:14- arrive in room

12:22- do muster 2.0 stuff on TV. 
12:48 (now) - time to head to Luminae for lunch!!!!

AFE09B51-FECB-4C13-95CB-5E4D390E0D22.jpeg

0CB70E57-7461-4A4D-8632-48292AE8A007.jpeg

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

On Allure, masks were required in hallways, elevators, on Royal Promenade and in any store along it. If you were actively eating/drinking in Sorrentos or the Pub you did not need a mask. No masks required outside. If you err on the “unvaccinated” level of the theatre or Studio B,  you needed to wear the mask throughout the show. 

mac_tlc

Just curious, any idea what the vaccinated percentage was on your Allure cruise as it was cleared by CDC to sail after performing a “simulated” cruise rather the being designated as a “restricted” cruise with at least 95% of the passengers being vaccinated? The reason I ask is that it seems the Allure remains in a constant Yellow status on the CDC color code chart.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

12 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Well we made it onboard!!!! Here is an approximate timeline:

11:37- dropped off rental at Budget

12:04- arrived at terminal 25. 
12:06- approach Retreat entrance, show vaccination card and negative test and sea pass.

12:08- in terminal Retreat Lounge, show all three again, have picture taken. Spent a couple minutes chatting with Houssain, the Retreat Comcierge. We have been on cruises with him on Equinox and Edge in July.

12:14- arrive in room

12:22- do muster 2.0 stuff on TV. 
12:48 (now) - time to head to Luminae for lunch!!!!

AFE09B51-FECB-4C13-95CB-5E4D390E0D22.jpeg

0CB70E57-7461-4A4D-8632-48292AE8A007.jpeg

Do they still give you a free Celebrity mask in a package once you get to your cabin?

2 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just curious, any idea what the vaccinated percentage was on your Allure cruise as it was cleared by CDC to sail after performing a “simulated” cruise rather the being designated as a “restricted” cruise with at least 95% of the passengers being vaccinated? The reason I ask is that it seems the Allure remains in a constant Yellow status on the CDC color code chart.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

I don’t recall if they said the percentage but there were about 200 kids on board out of a total 2100. Assuming all adults were vaccinated, which they needed to be, that would put the percentage a little over 90%.

mac_tlc

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Do they still give you a free Celebrity mask in a package once you get to your cabin?

Yes, two masks were waiting along with some hand sanitizer.

mac_tlc

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

Thanks for taking us along…we sailed on her in July and are booked again for February…have a wonderful cruise…

noticed the Luminae lunch menu did not have the lobster roll …I guess they are switching things around

Just don't take away my favorite butternut squash risotto!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

Thanks for taking us along…we sailed on her in July and are booked again for February…have a wonderful cruise…

noticed the Luminae lunch menu did not have the lobster roll …I guess they are switching things around

Just off the Edge (10/23 sailing). The lobster roll is back! Had it on Day 1 lunch in the Luminae.

1 hour ago, Marion B said:

Have a fabulous cruise.  Appreciate your posting and the pictures.  Will be on the Edge for the first time in a Sky Suite, so the menus and pics are very helpful.

Thanks! If there are any specific areas/things you would like a picture of just let me know! 

36 minutes ago, loge23 said:

Just off the Edge (10/23 sailing). The lobster roll is back! Had it on Day 1 lunch in the Luminae.

Wasn’t on today’s lunch menu —— maybe later in the week.

Thanks mac_tic.  What time are you departing?  I will be watching sailaway and toasting you (even if it's not yet 5:00 in my time zone).

Would love to see Luminae menus if it's convenient for you to post.

The word for today (and the rest of the week) is enjoy to the max

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ejnsb said:

Thanks for doing this.  We are four weeks out.  Wondering if you saw any discount offers for first night specialty restaurants.

I did not see any advertised but there were a few crew members inquiring about specialty dining reservations. With the low passenger count, I would imagine some bargaining may yield fruit. Our only specialty planned dinner is Le Petite Chef tomorrow night. 

We are going to be inquisitive as to what MDR items, besides the “classics”, can be obtained in Luminae. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Marion B said:

Thanks mac_tic.  What time are you departing?  I will be watching sailaway and toasting you (even if it's not yet 5:00 in my time zone).

Would love to see Luminae menus if it's convenient for you to post.

The word for today (and the rest of the week) is enjoy to the max

Sailaway is 5pm. I’ll grab as many Luminae menus as I can .

mac_tlc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My friends just departed her today and were also in a suite, but I haven't heard a word from them yet.  Hope you have a wonderful cruise, making memories and just enjoying the suite experience. My first experience on Edge was in a Sunset Suite(new name for S1 corner aft suite)and crossing the Atlantic in 2019.  I have TA's booked for Apex and Beyond, so cannot wait to see the tweaking of E Class, along with joining the b2b cruisers.

Traveling with you vicariously, as that is the only way I can travel at this time due to an older, senior dog with a multitude of issue.

Edited by Lastdance

8 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I did not see any advertised but there were a few crew members inquiring about specialty dining reservations. With the low passenger count, I would imagine some bargaining may yield fruit. Our only specialty planned dinner is Le Petite Chef tomorrow night. 

We are going to be inquisitive as to what MDR items, besides the “classics”, can be obtained in Luminae. 

mac_tlc

When we were on the Edge this past August, the issue wasn’t if you could order off any of the MDR menus, but rather the amount of time it would take to deliver a “hot” entree from the MDR in the aft on deck 4/5 to the Luminae on the deck 12 forward.