Rapid antigen test from CVS ok?

mattswiss

7 minutes ago, socmft said:

The CVS website indicates 2 available tests…Molecular Lab PCR/NAAT (results 2-3 days) and Rapid Result Test.  It doesn’t indicate “Rapid Antigen” so I want to be sure the Rapid Result Test is same as Rapid Antigen Test that you are mentioning. Thanks.

From CVS

rapid-result testing locations perform antigen testing. Limited rapid-result locations and all drive-thru lab testing locations perform PCR/NAAT testing. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 3:59 PM, mattswiss said:

I am a bit confused about the rapid antigen test. Has anyone taken this test in Walgreens or CVS. Not sure why we would have to opt for the PCR test which has a 1-2 day result time. Which test have you taken and where?

Some Walgreens and CVS locations do not offer the rapid test. In some areas of the country, it could hundreds of miles to the nearest pharmacy that does offer the rapid test.

Ok. I just called my insurance company up just now, and questioned them if I go to CVS for a test, and when they bill you the insurance company will the insurance company bill me or is it free of cost. I was told, for Travel you have to pay out of pocket, it is not covered. It is only covered if you need to be tested if you are or think you're sick. Same with my daughters insurance company, it not covered for travel.

Do any of you fill out the pre scheduling appointment for example at CVS and click that this is NOT for travel purposes and attempted to use that test result for your cruise?

I guess my question is, on the result page of your covid test does it state anywhere that you are clear for travel? How will the cruise line know if you were tested for travel purposes or if you thought you were potentially sick? Do they even care, just as long as they a negative test?

Edited by chabad

32 minutes ago, chabad said:

Ok. I just called my insurance company up just now, and questioned them if I go to CVS for a test, and when they bill you the insurance company will the insurance company bill me or is it free of cost. I was told, for Travel you have to pay out of pocket, it is not covered. It is only covered if you need to be tested if you are or think you're sick. Same with my daughters insurance company, it not covered for travel.

Do any of you fill out the pre scheduling appointment for example at CVS and click that this is NOT for travel purposes and attempted to use that test result for your cruise?

I guess my question is, on the result page of your covid test does it state anywhere that you are clear for travel? How will the cruise line know if you were tested for travel purposes or if you thought you were potentially sick? Do they even care, just as long as they a negative test?

According to my insurance as well I have to pay out-of-pocket if it's for travel purpose. Hello home test kit. I was just looking for a backup though preferably a free one. 🤦‍♀️

1 hour ago, chabad said:

I only did the CVS test once, about three weeks ago.  I gave them my insurance information.  CVS didn't bill me and I have not received a bill from my insurance company.  I'll answer your questions based on my experience; your mileage may vary:

• I told CVS it was for travel purposes.  I'm much too principled to lie about something like this.
  • The test results page didn't state anywhere that it was done for travel purposes
  • The cruise line knows you have to test to get on their ship, for the purpose of travel with them
  •  I don't think it matters to them if, additionally, you thought you were sick or exposed to someone who's sick - unless you've recently caught the virus and are recovering
Edited by Honolulu Blue

8 hours ago, Brian1713 said:

Just booked a test at cvs yesterday . The confirmation email says rapid antigen test

So does mine, scheduled 14 days away on a Thurs, 2 days prior to a Sat departure. It also confirms scheduled test as: "Rapid-result test (antigen)"

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 8:56 AM, chabad said:

I had the CVS rapid antigen test on Thursday. Boarded Emerald on November 6>

I checked off that it was for travel. The test simply comes back negative or positive and the type of test that was administered. There is nothing on the results saying you are clear for travel.

The results are sent to your cell phone messages and to your email. When you get to the cruise terminal, you show the test results on your cell phone. 

Edited by Marelaine