Queen Elizabeth Cancellations February 20th to May 17th

safarigal

14 hours ago, ollyoeno said:

Can you point me to a cruise for that season from Europe? There are none advertised.

I think costs and insurance are creeping up for that sector, possibly. Plus, Aussies love to cruise, and their government are hopeless, banning every cruise in sight. I notice NCL have based a ship in Asia for early 2022, which is sailing around Hong Kong, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand and into Singapore, so clearly international sailings aren't the issue, it's more to do with 'where to make more money'.

@bluemarble is right - that's the cruise.   The Aussie government isn't hopeless - they've just started reopening the country to flights -cruises will be a few months away. They banned all international travel - cruising was just part of the fall out. Can't blame them given the debacle of the Ruby Princess 

You clearly don't know Asia - its not a country  and HK (China), Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore are separate different countries. None are Japan - the current info on Japan tourism  can be found here https://www.japan-guide.com/news/alerts.html (not official but current). Short version - Japan is close to tourists for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/30/2021 at 4:43 PM, bluemarble said:

@lissie is referring to this voyage from Barcelona to Singapore, 10-30 October 2022.

Barcelona To Singapore, 20 Nights (Q230)

QE is currently scheduled to continue to Fremantle on 7 Nov 2022 to start her Australia/New Zealand season.

Ah, I also noticed that Princess and Holland America have departures from San Diego heading to Sydney in October 2022. What's your verdict, blue? Do you think those will go?

The only other itinerary I can spot that heads to Asia from the west is a fully booked Viking world cruise departing in January 2022 from the USA (I'm certain this won't sail due to port changes) and a voyage on Seven Seas from LA that heads to Bali, Indonesia, clearly avoiding NZ and Australia.

57 minutes ago, ollyoeno said:

Ah, I also noticed that Princess and Holland America have departures from San Diego heading to Sydney in October 2022. What's your verdict, blue? Do you think those will go?

The only other itinerary I can spot that heads to Asia from the west is a fully booked Viking world cruise departing in January 2022 from the USA (I'm certain this won't sail due to port changes) and a voyage on Seven Seas from LA that heads to Bali, Indonesia, clearly avoiding NZ and Australia.

Sorry, I'm afraid my crystal ball is too cloudy to offer a verdict on whether or not future cruises will sail. Those of you in Australia/New Zealand have a much better pulse on the resumption of cruising in your part of the world than I. I'm waiting to see if QM2's Christmas cruise from New York will happen this year. Things are looking up, but I'm not yet fully confident that one will sail.

For what it's worth, I'm seeing world cruises on Oceania Insignia (from Miami, December 2021) and Regent Seven Seas Mariner (from San Francisco, January 2022) with scheduled calls in Asia, including Japan.

I'm also seeing various repositioning cruises from North America to Japan during August/September 2022 on Celebrity, Holland America, Oceania, Silversea, Viking and Windstar.

• Haha 1

Hi all, I’m booked on QM2’s Christmas Cruise from NYC; I just got my new room assignment from UK on Dec. 13-new because they told my TA that the room I had booked was being set aside for ‘quarantine’ purposes; my new one is just down the corridor. So I’m thinking things are going ahead. Just had my ‘booster’ COVID shot and my FLU shot -so barring catastrophe- I’m ready if they are😄

• Like 2

Cunard's website still shows nothing for the QE between Feb 20 and Jun 4. I wonder if her 5 cruises between Vancouver and Alaska next year are being reconsidered? Canada's present requirement for travellers entering the country is that all must show proof of a negative PCR test for covid taken within the previous 72 hours. If that doesn't change, Cunard would have to test everyone onboard, at least all the passengers.

On 11/7/2021 at 9:31 PM, porsena said:

Cunard's website still shows nothing for the QE between Feb 20 and Jun 4. I wonder if her 5 cruises between Vancouver and Alaska next year are being reconsidered? Canada's present requirement for travellers entering the country is that all must show proof of a negative PCR test for covid taken within the previous 72 hours. If that doesn't change, Cunard would have to test everyone onboard, at least all the passengers.

The original announcement said that cruises replacing the Japan season would be available to book in November. Maybe they are still sorting them out? I'm being postive because we are booked on the Vancouver - Alaska - Fort Lauderdale cruise on 11July next year 😀 🤞

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We booked one of the new voyages today. They went on sale at 10am UK time and very few cabins in  the categories we wanted  were released. We could not reserve the cabin to Vancouver but did book it  Southampton to San Francisco which was acceptable as we are also on the return voyage Vancouver to Barcelona later on.

9 minutes ago, Elephant1151 said:

We booked one of the new voyages today. They went on sale at 10am UK time and very few cabins in  the categories we wanted  were released. We could not reserve the cabin to Vancouver but did book it  Southampton to San Francisco which was acceptable as we are also on the return voyage Vancouver to Barcelona later on.

Wow. What a journey! So your plan is to debark in San Fransisco, then travel up the coast on to Vancouver?

We also booked a cruise today.

Edited by ollyoeno

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2021 at 3:19 PM, Windsurfboy said:

Have a feeling the Japan to Alaska planning for 2023 is risky, think will look to 2024 for that and do a simple Mediterranean  out of Southampton  in 2023. 

We have just pre registered for the 2023 Japan and Alaska which goes on sale 1/2 Feb. Things are looking much rosier now.

• Host Hattie unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...