Vaccine Validation in Celebrity App

atabs12

I submitted the vaccine information during check in via the app a while ago. It had the green check mark next to it.
I just checked the app and the entire vaccination column under check in disappeared. We sail in about 20 days.

Is your vaccination green check mark column still showing or is it also gone?

Wondering if it is a glitch in the system

52 minutes ago, atabs12 said:

I submitted the vaccine information during check in via the app a while ago. It had the green check mark next to it.
I just checked the app and the entire vaccination column under check in disappeared. We sail in about 20 days.

Is your vaccination green check mark column still showing or is it also gone?

Wondering if it is a glitch in the system

There is no place in the app to enter vaccine info and when I called Celebrity to let them know was told not to worry about it just bring confirmation with you. Another great answer by Celebrity!

• Thanks 1

It may depend on what cruise you're on as to whether you can put the information in on the app. I definitely did have a place in the app to upload my vaccine card for my November cruise, and I do still have a check mark next to it. But when I just went to try to click on that section it threw an error.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mine now says "We are validating your information. Please check back later" with a grey hourglass icon. However when I click on that, it takes me to the next page where I can see the photos I uploaded of my vaccination card, so I don't believe I have anything else to do.  My cruise leaves November 18th.

@drakes2 The vaccination card upload is in the check-in section, so if you're not close enough to your cruise window to check in for it, I'm guessing you won't be able to provide vaccination information yet.

• Thanks 1

Same here. Mine was really messed up last night. Vaccine issues then the vaccine section totally disappeared. I only had 3 “buttons” instead of my usual 6. This morning everything was back to normal. Everything was there. Vaccine issue was resolved. Our friends also had the same issues so I knew it was Celebrity not us.

• Thanks 1

@atabs12

Our vaccine photos are also being requested again.  Had already done that step before and had green check mark, but not now.  So I can confirm OP's problem here.  I figure that like all the rest of this stuff in the app, no big deal.  Per current cruisers, they will scan them again at the port again anyway.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, LisaDee said:

What worked for me is to update/refresh the app in my App Store.  

That worked!!! After hitting "check in" I was getting the non stop X. I updated and BAM! right in. Thanks!

It asked for a pic of the back of my card, which I don't have in my phone so I'll have to do at home. I don't recall anything being on the back.

• Thanks 1

It's no glitch.  They do seem to be doing some manner of validation.

I recently got my booster, so I went back to the app to upload photos of the updated card.  Before, you could just upload over and over.  However, this morning, I found this when I went to the vaccination section of the check-in:

Screenshot_20211029-083100_Celebrity.thumb.jpg.c1dd962df8f79951246f9b84b524d187.jpg

If I click on "view vaccination record," I get the photos I uploaded before.

• Thanks 2

Thank you everyone for the replies and all your help. I followed advice and deleted and reinstalled the app. That worked. Now the vaccine column is showing again as validation in progress. I am able to  review the pics of the uploaded card.

Edited by atabs12
Spelling

7 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

It's no glitch.  They do seem to be doing some manner of validation.

I recently got my booster, so I went back to the app to upload photos of the updated card.  Before, you could just upload over and over.  However, this morning, I found this when I went to the vaccination section of the check-in:

Screenshot_20211029-083100_Celebrity.thumb.jpg.c1dd962df8f79951246f9b84b524d187.jpg

If I click on "view vaccination record," I get the photos I uploaded before.

When do you sail?  We're down to 9 days and not yet seeing this.  They had the photos a couple of weeks ago to validate.  Again, not going to pursue it further as it is all redundant.

10 minutes ago, canderson said:

When do you sail?  We're down to 9 days and not yet seeing this.  They had the photos a couple of weeks ago to validate.  Again, not going to pursue it further as it is all redundant.

I sail in a couple of weeks.

2 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

I sail in a couple of weeks.

Interesting.  Guess the visual validation process isn't FIFO.  Actually, I asked the wrong question to say that. How long ago were you able to upload the card photos?  Our check in started very late.

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

Interesting.  Guess the visual validation process isn't FIFO.  Actually, I asked the wrong question to say that. How long ago were you able to upload the card photos?  Our check in started very late.

I don't remember when I could upload the photos, but it was a while ago.  My check-in did not start late.  It's even one of those that started at 90 days and then shut back down until 45 days out.  I don't recall if I uploaded the photos before or after the 45 days.  Either way, it's been a while.

3 hours ago, vms said:

Mine now says "We are validating your information. Please check back later" with a grey hourglass icon. However when I click on that, it takes me to the next page where I can see the photos I uploaded of my vaccination card, so I don't believe I have anything else to do.  My cruise leaves November 18th.

@drakes2 The vaccination card upload is in the check-in section, so if you're not close enough to your cruise window to check in for it, I'm guessing you won't be able to provide vaccination information yet.

Thank you. I thought that could be why. Sailing 2 weeks today.

I leave in two weeks and have never seen the vaccine info on my app and the person going with me just installed the app and also doesn’t.  They also have more “buttons” on the bottom and can view more info about what we have booked- so who knows!  I tried deleting and reinstalling and that didn’t change anything.

Edited by s0479

14 minutes ago, tert333 said:

Does anyone see any correlation between the approval of the vaccine and the ability to print off the luggage tags?

I am three weeks away from the cruise and still unable to print my luggage tags.

I don’t think so - I’m two weeks out and have been able to print mine for at least a week.

33 minutes ago, tert333 said:

Does anyone see any correlation between the approval of the vaccine and the ability to print off the luggage tags?

I am three weeks away from the cruise and still unable to print my luggage tags.

No.  Have had no confirmation on vaccine photos, but received luggage tags about 2 weeks ago.

28 minutes ago, s0479 said:

I don’t think so - I’m two weeks out and have been able to print mine for at least a week.

And I should also say haven’t been able to put my vaccine information in yet.