Vaccine Validation in Celebrity App

atabs12

10 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

We have our vaccination info in and can see the pictures, but still have an hour glass. The other day it had a check mark. We do have our Xpress pass so I’m just going to hope everything is good to go!

Anything they might still need, you can provide them when you arrive.  You're good to go!

• Like 1

Our vaccine info is showing up in the App for our Nov. cruise.  And yet we still got a phone call from Celebrity asking us to validate!  Of course we weren't home and they left us a message telling us to call "at our convenience".  Been on the phone now for close to 45 minutes waiting.  They send you to the standard reservation number.  If I wasn't just sitting here doing other things on the computer I would have given up 40 minutes ago.  Why can't Celebrity get their act together?!?!  Not only is my info there, but we sailed in September and of course had to prove vaccination then.  Thank heaven the experience onboard is nothing like their abysmal customer service and IT.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, susiesan said:

Will X print the luggage tags for you when you check in? Do you need them if you are rolling/carrying all of your luggage on yourself?

If your drop off your bags at the terminal before entering, the staff there will put tags on if you need them. No need for tags if you are lugging your baggage aboard.

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

Our vaccine info is showing up in the App for our Nov. cruise.  And yet we still got a phone call from Celebrity asking us to validate!  Of course we weren't home and they left us a message telling us to call "at our convenience".  Been on the phone now for close to 45 minutes waiting.  They send you to the standard reservation number.  If I wasn't just sitting here doing other things on the computer I would have given up 40 minutes ago.  Why can't Celebrity get their act together?!?!  Not only is my info there, but we sailed in September and of course had to prove vaccination then.  Thank heaven the experience onboard is nothing like their abysmal customer service and IT.

Same thing happened to me - waited for 2 hours and the rep was basically useless - I had to tell him a couple times why I called and he just said are you vaccinated - I said yes and that was it.

3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I agree they messed up our accounts, still trying to get it right. 

7 hours ago, atabs12 said:

Thank you everyone for the replies and all your help. I followed advice and deleted and reinstalled the app. That worked. Now the vaccine column is showing again as validation in progress. I am able to  review the pics of the uploaded card.

I did the same and it was fine.   I just went back in again and the vaccine column is gone.  So I then reinstalled it again and it was the same as you in which it is validation in progress.   So just when in again and it is gone again.   Seems for me, when you reinstall it is fine until you go back in again.  Strange.....

4 hours ago, tert333 said:

I did the same and it was fine.   I just went back in again and the vaccine column is gone.  So I then reinstalled it again and it was the same as you in which it is validation in progress.   So just when in again and it is gone again.   Seems for me, when you reinstall it is fine until you go back in again.  Strange.....

I just checked on mine and it is gone again as well. Shout out to the IT Department.  I just leave it alone now….beyond weird. 

Appreciate all the information, this is our first post-covid cruise so trying to untangle all that is needed. I ordered the at home tests just now (sailing on the Edge Dec 5th), and will set up a backup appointment at Walgreen's although that one is up to a 24 hour turnaround but hopefully won't need to use it. 

Downloaded the app today and started checking in but it won't let me "submit" pictures of our vaccination cards. I can upload but when I submit it takes forever and then I get an error "We're frustrated too".  So I guess keep trying and bring my cards and hope for the best?

Also not sure how to enter mine should we ever be allowed to submit this info- I got J&J in March and just got a Pfizer booster.  I guess I use the J&J one and the date?

Any input welcomed- thanks! 

@KathyL2537

No need to fret.  Just bring your cards with you.  They're going to ask to see them a couple of times and image them when you arrive anyway.  Not really sure what difference the app makes.  If you get the email to confirm your status, just click, takes you to web page, confirm.

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

@KathyL2537

No need to fret.  Just bring your cards with you. …….

Thanks ! That was my plan, it’s just frustrating that they tell you you HAVE to upload this and then don’t let you…..But all will be forgiven once on board, can’t wait to cruise again:)

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Absolutely.  Why fight the ever changing ever glitch filled Celebrity app.  Give it ONE try then just check in at the pier

I uploaded my vaccination information on the app awhile ago.   Today, I received an email asking me to complete an online form on whether I have been vaccinated and am I willing to show it when I arrive at the port.  This appears to be a new step???

26 minutes ago, tert333 said:

I uploaded my vaccination information on the app awhile ago.   Today, I received an email asking me to complete an online form on whether I have been vaccinated and am I willing to show it when I arrive at the port.  This appears to be a new step???

I got that too. And now when I go into the app, I can't access the spot to upload my vaccination info (which I had previously uploaded). I was going to swap out the photo since I was able to get a booster yesterday, but hopefully it won't matter that my photo and my card will be different.

9 minutes ago, vms said:

I got that too. And now when I go into the app, I can't access the spot to upload my vaccination info (which I had previously uploaded). I was going to swap out the photo since I was able to get a booster yesterday, but hopefully it won't matter that my photo and my card will be different.

I checked and I can not upload anything further now.   You should just bring the information with you and you should be fine.  I would be surprised if you need it as you do not need any boosters to cruise at this time.

I uploaded mine and then got the booster.   I went back to update and my photos were gone.   I thought it had to do with security??? 

The only value I see is the menu for the date of your last vaccination.   It doesn’t allow anything within the 14 day menu when I looked.   It would have been a major mistake to get the booster within the 14 days.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🌅🇺🇸

1 minute ago, miched said:

I uploaded mine and then got the booster.   I went back to update and my photos were gone.   I thought it had to do with security??? 

The only value I see is the menu for the date of your last vaccination.   It doesn’t allow anything within the 14 day menu when I looked.   It would have been a major mistake to get the booster within the 14 days.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🌅🇺🇸

No.  Typical of X's clarity (lack) as they're only looking for the date of full vaccination to be 14+ days prior.  Boosters irrelevant and date should not be used.

3 hours ago, canderson said:

No.  Typical of X's clarity (lack) as they're only looking for the date of full vaccination to be 14+ days prior.  Boosters irrelevant and date should not be used.

We were just able today to upload our vax info for our cruise on December 3.   Since we had our boosters more than a month ago, and those shots show on our vax cards, we decided to have the date we input for our last shots to be consistent with the dates shown on our cards, so we did use the dates for our boosters.  It will have have been more than two months between the boosters and our cruise, so we should not have any 14-days prior issues, whichever shot they look at.  We just did not want to create some potential issue over inconsistent dates.  But as more and more folks get boosters, Celebrity really should clarify what they want.

3 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Celebrity really should clarify what they want.

That ^^^^^

How many people here have found reason to say that how many times here over the last months?  Sigh.  Communications behind the power curve (this time, boosters) again.

The good news is that there is nothing app related that can't be done on the web, or for that matter, at check-in, and 90% of this process is duplicated there anyway, right down to scanning vax cards.  It really annoys that the web site check-in at one point claims that downloading the app is REQUIRED.  Baloney.