Coco Cay Cabanas

We have the thrill water passes for the 4 of us. and i tried searching the topics and didnt find any relevant information, but what do people think. of the cOco Cay cabanas? Looking at Chill island or the Lagoon,  was it worth it to you to have a. designated spot?

It might make sense for four of you, since one of them comes with up to eight thrill water park passes.  

We usually cruise with two, so cabanas don't make  sense for us.  When we go with a big crew, we sometimes book one.  They are nice to have, especially if anyone needs or wants to stay out of the sun.  

We LOVED The Thrill Park Cabanas (10/2/21 SOS).  Has a server (you get a call button) to bring you food & beverages, a coffee table (which is a locker on 1 end for your valuables), and so conveniently located to other areas, restrooms, etc.   (and admission to Thrill Water Park of course).  

Would highly recommend wearing water shoes if walking around the island - ground gets a little warm.

Also - ask your server for a "secret sandwich" - chicken sandwich w/ mozzarella sticks & pickles on it.  

• Like 1

There will be six of us...4 adults and two kids and we reserved the Thrill Waterpark cabana. The kids will enjoy it and a couple of the adults...we opted for this as I would have rather had an over the water one but they don't come with waterpark passes...too bad. We'll be there April 2022.

11 minutes ago, seahawkinohio said:

Yeah the thrill waterpark ones are already sold out, so we bought the waterpark passes but were thinking of just adding a cabana on for convenience, we usually do at regular waterparks but they arent $799....

Keep checking and once onboard also...you never know.

Our's was also $799 for April 2022 and will be watching for a price drop.

We actually had booked at $499 but that cruise was cancelled by RCI.

• Like 1

In September, DH and I had a water park cabana, which came with 6 water park passes. We were hoping to share the cabana and the cost; however, 4 people just wanted the park passes, so we agreed to sell those to them. Unfortunately, none of those people showed up to buy them. DH did enjoy going one time on each of the water slides, just to say he did it. There was no way I would be able to climb those ladders, so I ventured into the wave pool and was only to go a very short distance, before becoming pretty unstable due to the constant waves crashing against me. I spent 95% of my time there in the cabana, which was nice and the attendant was wonderful! At my age, I would not do it again!

I would have rather picked the Oasis Lagoon cabana because of the fresh water pool and swim-up bar (but I did hear it was pretty crowded most of the time). Or, if I could share the extremely pricey resort cabana that housed up to 8 max, I would enjoy doing that! Too pricey, IMO, for just the 2 of us!

1 hour ago, SilkySal said:

In September, DH and I had a water park cabana, which came with 6 water park passes. We were hoping to share the cabana and the cost; however, 4 people just wanted the park passes, so we agreed to sell those to them. Unfortunately, none of those people showed up to buy them. DH did enjoy going one time on each of the water slides, just to say he did it. There was no way I would be able to climb those ladders, so I ventured into the wave pool and was only to go a very short distance, before becoming pretty unstable due to the constant waves crashing against me. I spent 95% of my time there in the cabana, which was nice and the attendant was wonderful! At my age, I would not do it again!

I would have rather picked the Oasis Lagoon cabana because of the fresh water pool and swim-up bar (but I did hear it was pretty crowded most of the time). Or, if I could share the extremely pricey resort cabana that housed up to 8 max, I would enjoy doing that! Too pricey, IMO, for just the 2 of us!

You can never count on people...especially those you don't know to follow through.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, seahawkinohio said:

Yeah the thrill waterpark ones are already sold out, so we bought the waterpark passes but were thinking of just adding a cabana on for convenience, we usually do at regular waterparks but they arent $799....

I see no reason for a non-waterpark cabana if you're going to be doing the water park.  What would be the point of having a cabana ten minutes away from where you're at in the park?  Just find a lounger in the park to plop your gear on.

9 hours ago, seahawkinohio said:

We have the thrill water passes for the 4 of us. and i tried searching the topics and didnt find any relevant information, but what do people think. of the cOco Cay cabanas? Looking at Chill island or the Lagoon,  was it worth it to you to have a. designated spot?

At the current prices, they are a waste of money. Lots of comfy loungers and umbrellas. Save your money. 

Thrill Water Park Cabanas come w/ 6 passes to the Waterpark.  At the time I purchased the Cabana it was $599 - for 6 people that isn't a bad deal considering you also get the secure storage, a dedicated server, lunch menu served in cabana, water & sodas (also could use our DBP there also).   The server saved us precious time waiting in line (loved that call button).  When the individual park passes were going for $89 back when we purchased the cabana - it was just a little more for the convenience of the cabana.

3 hours ago, pasodancer said:

Thrill Water Park Cabanas come w/ 6 passes to the Waterpark.  At the time I purchased the Cabana it was $599 - for 6 people that isn't a bad deal considering you also get the secure storage, a dedicated server, lunch menu served in cabana, water & sodas (also could use our DBP there also).   The server saved us precious time waiting in line (loved that call button).  When the individual park passes were going for $89 back when we purchased the cabana - it was just a little more for the convenience of the cabana.

OP stated that the water park cabanas are sold out, so they're considering purchasing a Chill Island cabana in addition to the water park passes they already purchased.  

I just don't see the point in getting a cabana outside of the water park when you have water park passes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

OP stated that the water park cabanas are sold out, so they're considering purchasing a Chill Island cabana in addition to the water park passes they already purchased.  

I just don't see the point in getting a cabana outside of the water park when you have water park passes.

You are so right - I totally missed that..........thank you for the catch!

• Like 1

Yeah, I agree with others, if you have water park passes I wouldn't book a cabana outside of the water park. It's too much walking back and forth and you won't be able to get your money's worth and really use and enjoy the cabana.  I would keep looking online and even on the ship for a water park cabana though as it sounds perfect for you guys!

Don't know much about the water park, but on my recent Royal Cruise, the Coco Cay Beach Club Cabana we rented and shared among 8 people ($799) total....was the best thing about the week long trip.

Great service, excellent food, nice towels, nice loungers, ceiling fan, bluetooth speaker, Butler Service...etc.etc.etc...

Edited by PTC DAWG