"Total Cruiseflex" disaster

bones774

Hi All, Jus spent close to one hour trying to get one of my cruises rebooked to another cruise, as per Total Cruiseflex policy. I got nowhere. The CSR is telling me policy has changed at the same time I am looking at their current webpage and directing he CSR to do same. I will lose my money for current booking. Waiting for a super visor to get back to me, considering this is MSC i'm not hopeful. At this point i am waiting till close of business for return call then calling my CC for a chargeback. Taking snapshot of their currently posed Cruiseflex policy which has been the same for months. If this fouls up I'm writing off MSC and advising anyone else i speak with to do the same. Just wanted to transfer one cruise payment to another

Anyone else encounter same? an other suggestions? Thanks

Edited by bones774
  • Like 1

Just now, mlbdude said:

I have used it, and the part that bit me was the "funds to a new cruise" part.  I could not get FCC like I was hoping.  No issues moving to a new booking at current rates.

I think my CSR was totally inept, just following the script and i'm not looking to get involved with another rep who is incompetent. If supervisor doesnt resolve, end of MSC for me.

I was willing to go for another cruise and had date all picked out and he refused.. 

48 minutes ago, bones774 said:

Hi All, Jus spent close to one hour trying to get one of my cruises rebooked to another cruise, as per Total Cruiseflex policy. I got nowhere. The CSR is telling me policy has changed at the same time I am looking at their current webpage and directing he CSR to do same. I will lose my money for current booking. Waiting for a super visor to get back to me, considering this is MSC i'm not hopeful. At this point i am waiting till close of business for return call then calling my CC for a chargeback. Taking snapshot of their currently posed Cruiseflex policy which has been the same for months. If this fouls up I'm writing off MSC and advising anyone else i speak with to do the same. Just wanted to transfer one cruise payment to another

Need to make sure that the MSC booking number remains the same with the new date and ship.

if not, then you will have to pay fresh money for the new booking and wait 2 months for a refund of the cancelled Cruise

51 minutes ago, bones774 said:

My thought would be to call again and talk to a different rep.  I've been told by the good ones that there are a lot of new hires who don't understand the systems.  At least that's what I do if I don't like the answer - I just call back in and suffer through the 10 minutes of recorded information again.

8 minutes ago, drsel said:

Need to make sure that the MSC booking number remains the same with the new date and ship.

if not, then you will have to pay fresh money for the new booking and wait 2 months for a refund of the cancelled Cruise

How can booking number be the same? Everytime you make a new cruise the number is changed?

2 minutes ago, morrieb1 said:

My thought would be to call again and talk to a different rep.  I've been told by the good ones that there are a lot of new hires who don't understand the systems.  At least that's what I do if I don't like the answer - I just call back in and suffer through the 10 minutes of recorded information again.

Recorded info is no problem but to suffer thru another hour of untrained rep is a waste

1 minute ago, bones774 said:

How can booking number be the same? Everytime you make a new cruise the number is changed?

If MSc cancels your Cruise for whatever reason including covid, then the booking number will remain the same if you shift the funds to a new Cruise of your choice

3 minutes ago, drsel said:

If MSc cancels your Cruise for whatever reason including covid, then the booking number will remain the same if you shift the funds to a new Cruise of your choice

Not the case, I am transfering to another cruise

32 minutes ago, bones774 said:

Not the case, I am transfering to another cruise

I have moved two cruises to different dates this week - both went well - booking number the same as original one - even our OBCs moved to new date - after dialing hit “0” and call goes to agent. 

7 minutes ago, cellfree said:

I have moved two cruises to different dates this week - both went well - booking number the same as original one - even our OBCs moved to new date - after dialing hit “0” and call goes to agent. 

IT should be that easy, my CSR was not bending.

52 minutes ago, bones774 said:

MSC was the one that told me NOT to change the booking number.

So, when I called my TA to cancel, only one week before our September cruise was to sail, I gave her the date of the cruise we wanted next year. AND told her it was important to tell MSC not to change the booking number. All went fine & I got all the paperwork for the new cruise.

Not only was there no penalty, the new cruise was  $250. cheaper. This showed as a credit & my TA said it would become OBC for that cruise.

But to my surprise, that $250. was returned on my credit card last week !

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cellfree said:

And if the 0 doesn’t work, try 1. I think it varies based on which phone number you’re using, because I also thought it was zero but others have sworn it was one. 

1 minute ago, Morgsmom said:

Call back.  Hit 0 a couple of times, get an agent.  As long as the booking number remains the same it can be done.  

Booking numbers are different already, how can booking numbers be the same when there could be months between them being assigned

1 minute ago, bones774 said:

Booking numbers are different already, how can booking numbers be the same when there could be months between them being assigned

This is not correct.  You call, say that you want to TRANSFER your current booking to another one.  For example your booking #001 for 12 December on the Divina to the Meraviglia on 07 April (all info made up of course).  They open up the new booking but USE THE #001 booking number.  Funds are transferred forward.  Sometimes perks, too, but not always.  Your new cruise booking # is #001.

the MINUTE a new booking # is established on that 2nd cruise, (#002), you lose.  That's a new booking.

1 minute ago, Morgsmom said:

This is not correct.  You call, say that you want to TRANSFER your current booking to another one.  For example your booking #001 for 12 December on the Divina to the Meraviglia on 07 April (all info made up of course).  They open up the new booking but USE THE #001 booking number.  Funds are transferred forward.  Sometimes perks, too, but not always.  Your new cruise booking # is #001.

the MINUTE a new booking # is established on that 2nd cruise, (#002), you lose.  That's a new booking.

That all may be correct but reading the Cruiseflex policy the simple language does go thru all that, just says Transfer

1 hour ago, bones774 said:

Covid is a whole other issue, this started as an unvaxed cruise then became vaxed, i am unvaxed.

Bahamas changed guide;ines

When is your cruise and have you made final payment?

Bahamas changed their vaccine requirements back in August (around the 20th) so that’s 2.5 months ago. 
When did you book? 

It appears that the OP wants to apply the FCC to an existing booking that already had been booked AND has an existing, and different, booking number.  I don't think MSC will let you do that.   The FCC has to be applied to a new booking only I believe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, styles27 said:

When is your cruise and have you made final payment?

Bahamas changed their vaccine requirements back in August (around the 20th) so that’s 2.5 months ago. 
When did you book? 

The Bahamian requirement (and MSCs) was originally only until 10/31/21. And even after the Bahamas extended it, MSC was slow to update their policy. (I know this will be totally shocking to most veteran readers of this board……)  MSC CS told me that vaccinations were not required after October  when I called about something else on 10/22. 

Edited by racephoto
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bones774 said:

We have changed our 4 cruises with MSC a few times.

Originally booked April 2020. October changed to end of October then November. November changed to Feb now changed to Next September. 
Another next September changed to October . All have same booking number and funds transferred over. Paid increase in cruise fare for new dates.

1 hour ago, cobber1967 said:

It appears that the OP wants to apply the FCC to an existing booking that already had been booked AND has an existing, and different, booking number.  I don't think MSC will let you do that.   The FCC has to be applied to a new booking only I believe.

Agree, “a FCC can be applied to new booking only,” but I will go on to say for example - if the FCC was from Booking #12345 then the new cruise you book using the FCC will also be Booking #12345. At least that is how all of our cancellations and FCCs worked.