Ovation of the Seas Location Question

2 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

usually stays in port 12 hours or so.

I have wondered why she doesn't use Los Angeles but I guess they have an agreement with Seattle.

I just wish she would come in say 8am when it is easier to see the ship.

I am enjoying looking at my Ovation Crystal though

I was wondering about the 7AM timing also

knowing the port of Seattle they might charge extra before 7AM for overtime for their crew😀

I think they want to get into port early to get coast guard inspections underway. Just in case the CG finds anything they want corrected.

the bar is set pretty high for a foreign flagged passenger ship in warm layup in U S waters.

they are obliged to closely coordinate their movements with port of seattle and the CG in Seattle and make the ship available for periodic CG inspections.

I am interested in taking a cruise on this ship partially to see the iFly indoor skydiving.

I did the electrical engineering for the new iFly building in Vancouver and it was put on hold before I retired in May.

hoping they might add a short shakedown cruise around Puget sound or Victoria to train the new crew members that will be boarding in a couple  months

5 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Love your name Ferry Watcher.  You live in a great place for that.  I enjoy Pugent sound and did a small boat from Victoria down to Seattle back during the World's Fair in Vancouver.  Never forgot about it.

I have done 3 cruises out of Seattle so far and doing two more this year.  Quantum OTS and also Encore.

Thank you on my nom de plume.  It is what I am able to do sitting at my desk at home.  I am very fortunate.

Is your Quantum cruise and your Encore cruise back to back?  Or will you be flying out twice?  Do you cruise on smaller ships, or do you like all the extras on the larger ships?

I am looking forward to the Quantum on Mondays.  In 2019, we had HAL's Amsterdam (very small ship - 1,300) every other Monday (14 day) Alaska voyages.  It will be a change having the 4,900 Quantum every week.

22 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Thank you on my nom de plume.  It is what I am able to do sitting at my desk at home.  I am very fortunate.

Is your Quantum cruise and your Encore cruise back to back?  Or will you be flying out twice?  Do you cruise on smaller ships, or do you like all the extras on the larger ships?

I am looking forward to the Quantum on Mondays.  In 2019, we had HAL's Amsterdam (very small ship - 1,300) every other Monday (14 day) Alaska voyages.  It will be a change having the 4,900 Quantum every week.

first let us note the Ovation left 9pm Monday pacific time.  she is off to San Diego.

So my Encore trip is in July and the Quantum is late August.  I did not want to deal with trying to get testing done in between nor run the risk of catching the virus even though I am boosted.  Just my luck to get put in isolation for 10 days.

I like a variety of ships.  My first and wonderful Alaskan cruise was in 2010 on the now sold Amsterdam.  It did a coastal and even docked for 14 hours in Anchorage.   I loved that. Also got to Homer and Kodiak as well.

But I have gone out of Seattle on the Explore OTS and sailed into Seattle on Ovation from Vancouver.

You live in a nice area close to Alaska and Califorinia.

toodles.  Now we will have to try and catch webcam of Ovation in San Diego on Cruisin.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2022 at 8:41 AM, Biker19 said:

She's on her seemingly very slow commute back to Seattle.

yes she sadly has been doing this every so often until the new season starts in May.]

Would be nice to know if she gets to go to Victoria or not.

6 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

yes she sadly has been doing this every so often until the new season starts in May.]

Would be nice to know if she gets to go to Victoria or not.

So far it looks like Victoria will be in unless Canada closes again.

16 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

So far it looks like Victoria will be in unless Canada closes again.

ya well I did cancel one of two trips to Alaska.  I moved my Encore trip to a West Caribbean on Breakaway.

Still have the Quantum and I do NOT want to cancel it. So hoping.  Would be great if testing stopped too.

Say Hi to Ovation when she comes in on 7th I think.

7 hours ago, Baowen said:

The Ovation was in Seattle for the last two days, now she is hanging out at the Port Angeles Anchorage.

Ovation Port Angeles - 2022-03-09.jpg

oh thanks for a photo of my favorite ship.  I got my crystal in the mail in Dec for my 2019 sailng that got overlooked.

this is a beautiful shot.  she looks sad sitting there.  I guess she will sail down the coast to warmer waters.   I think quantum class has one of the nicest silhouettes on the water.

toodles.   

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

oh thanks for a photo of my favorite ship.  I got my crystal in the mail in Dec for my 2019 sailng that got overlooked.

this is a beautiful shot.  she looks sad sitting there.  I guess she will sail down the coast to warmer waters.   I think quantum class has one of the nicest silhouettes on the water.

toodles.   

I should be getting a crystal block on my May 5th sailing. This is my only sailing left that gets the double points, after the 4 legs before it were cancelled. I will need to talk to LA on board, since my points won’t get added until after.

I’m heading down to San Diego in a couple of weeks and may look for her if she heads south again.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, crzndeb said:

I should be getting a crystal block on my May 5th sailing. This is my only sailing left that gets the double points, after the 4 legs before it were cancelled. I will need to talk to LA on board, since my points won’t get added until after.

I’m heading down to San Diego in a couple of weeks and may look for her if she heads south again.

very nice.   I feel bad for the crew since no Australia nor Mexican either.

But must be nice for Seattle to get to see her once in a while.

I will be on the Wonder in 4 weeks.  For some reason I chose to not sail Odyssey as I did not like some of the changes.  I will stick with Ovation or Anthem

toodles.