Which Covid19 tests are accepted by Celebrity?

UniPac

Hi all!

Regarding the tests pre-embarkation: how do we know if the test used or the company doing the test will be accepted by Celebrity? Is there a list available? What about telehealth tests, are they accepted?

They changed the policy from 3 to 2 days - as we will fly to Miami from Europe, our test to enter the US will be too old 😞 ... and we can't do the test on embarkation day (because X will test us on that day) which leaves little room for third test... plus we need transportation. Not the way I want to start our vacation. Telehealth test would be easiest for us, but are european tests accepted at all?

Thanks for any answers! The last thing I want to happen is that I will be denied boarding because they don't accept the test!

Tom

A couple of questions. First, what day to you fly to the US and what day do you embark?

Second, you state that you will be tested by X on embarkation day. Why would they do so, and even if they did, wouldn't that suffice as your test?

20 hours ago, Fouremco said:

A couple of questions. First, what day to you fly to the US and what day do you embark?

Second, you state that you will be tested by X on embarkation day. Why would they do so, and even if they did, wouldn't that suffice as your test?

We arrive three days prior so that test won't help as it will be too old.

Second, you have to bring your own test before you get tested by Celebrity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to calculate which days to take your test:

• Vaccinated guests: You must take your test no more than 2 days before embarkation.  Therefore, if you are setting sail on a Saturday, you can take your test on Thursday or Friday. You may also take it on Saturday morning if necessary — however, we don't recommend waiting until the last minute.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Take a look here .. one of the tabs are for test accepted by Celebrity 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs 

Thanks.

"The test must have Emergency Use Authorization from the U.S. FDA."

--> I found this:

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-emergency-use-authorizations-medical-devices/in-vitro-diagnostics-euas-antigen-diagnostic-tests-sars-cov-2

3 hours ago, UniPac said:

Second, you have to bring your own test before you get tested by Celebrity.

I still don't understand where you get the idea that Celebrity will test you before boarding. You will need to provide proof of a negative test taken within 2 days of embarkation when you check in, but Celebrity will not test you.

Celebrity will provide a free antigen or PCR test at the end of your cruise should you need one to fly home. Perhaps this is the test that you are thinking of.

23 hours ago, UniPac said:

Regarding the tests pre-embarkation: how do we know if the test used or the company doing the test will be accepted by Celebrity? Is there a list available? What about telehealth tests, are they accepted?

They changed the policy from 3 to 2 days - as we will fly to Miami from Europe, our test to enter the US will be too old 😞 ... and we can't do the test on embarkation day (because X will test us on that day) which leaves little room for third test... plus we need transportation. Not the way I want to start our vacation. Telehealth test would be easiest for us, but are european tests accepted at all?

If you will be staying at a hotel prior to your cruise,  Celebrity sells antigen testing kits that possibly you could have delivered to your hotel, but have a Plan B just in case it is not there.

https://store.optum.com/celebrity-cruises/

You could also Google Covid rapid testing places near your hotel and take a cab or Uber to get there but the tests have to be either a PCR / NAAT test, or an antigen test (aka rapid antigen test).  

Here is Miami-Dade County testing site finder:

https://www.miamidade.gov/global/initiatives/coronavirus/testing-locations.page

Also, there are two Covid testing sites at the Miami Airport, in case you're staying near the airport.  If your hotel has a free airport shuttle, you could probably take the hotel shuttle to the airport, get your tests, and then catch the shuttle back to your hotel.  

https://news.miami-airport.com/covid-19-testing-available-daily-at-mia-starting-may-21/

Celebrity also lists a company on their site that will come to you and do the testing where you are staying, but the test results take 48 hours.   

If you are thinking about buying an at-home test kit at a pharmacy once you are in Miami, be aware that many pharmacies are sold out of these tests.  

Lastly, there may be a testing site near your hotel that you could take an Uber to.  Here is Miami-Dade County testing site finder:

https://www.miamidade.gov/global/initiatives/coronavirus/testing-locations.page

16 hours ago, Fouremco said:

I still don't understand where you get the idea that Celebrity will test you before boarding. You will need to provide proof of a negative test taken within 2 days of embarkation when you check in, but Celebrity will not test you.

You are right, I mixed this up with unvaccinated guests and because MSC did that on my cruise few weeks ago. And to be honest, I thought this is a good idea to have 2 tests on different days for maximum safety.

However, my challenge for an additional test is still the same, whether Celebrity tests us or not.

Thanks @kokopelli-az for all that options. I hope it works ago. I just would have been so much easier for us using our test to enter the US and start our vaccation without having to find a test and a plan B 🙂

We will be in the same situation in February as we arrive in US a couple of days pre cruise to get over the jet lag. Whilst we are sailing from Fort Lauderdale we will be staying in Miami and  have found a company called FastTest in South Beach that use 'travel approved' tests which we assume includes cruise travel.

So that is our plan for now but rules and regulations change so much we will finalise the test booking nearer the time.

1 hour ago, britishcruisers2 said:

We will be in the same situation in February as we arrive in US a couple of days pre cruise to get over the jet lag. Whilst we are sailing from Fort Lauderdale we will be staying in Miami and  have found a company called FastTest in South Beach that use 'travel approved' tests which we assume includes cruise travel.

So that is our plan for now but rules and regulations change so much we will finalise the test booking nearer the time.

I have my vaccination record which is 2 doses of the Astrazeneca on my phone as 1 record as this is how its done by the ministry of health in Canada. Both doses show with all info including dates and lot numbers for each. Do I upload twice? There is no front and back so just wondering.

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

I have my vaccination record which is 2 doses of the Astrazeneca on my phone as 1 record as this is how its done by the ministry of health in Canada. Both doses show with all info including dates and lot numbers for each. Do I upload twice? There is no front and back so just wondering.

Screenshot_20211107-134204.thumb.png.2212ebb3c157179c4f371c61a5849973.png