Gold Members, don't forget your free drink!

klfhngr

On last night, don't forget to get your freebie. If you don't ask, they won't tell 😉

Wife and I got a Kentucky Mule and Bloody Mary on last night, I almost forgot about it. Not sure how I remembered, lol, but when I asked the bartender, he said, oh yea, it's in the system!

• Like 3

Guest BasicSailor
29 minutes ago, kicia said:

Platinum and Diamond still have to get their free drink only at the sea day brunch.  There is no coupon.  Gold can get their drink anywhere on the last night.

And now there's an upcharge on Martinis and some of their other drinks offered. The free drink options are there just less of a choice to choose from. Brings new meaning to the word free.

1 hour ago, kicia said:

Platinum and Diamond still have to get their free drink only at the sea day brunch.  There is no coupon.  Gold can get their drink anywhere on the last night.

Not true. We were able to get our free drinks at most bars around the ship.

29 minutes ago, CookieShip said:

Is there no physical coupon for it anymore? I'm turning gold on my next cruise, so I've never utilized the benefit before. 

No, but it will be linked to your Sail & Sign card. :classic_cool:

Guest BasicSailor
29 minutes ago, CookieShip said:

Is there no physical coupon for it anymore? I'm turning gold on my next cruise, so I've never utilized the benefit before. 

No the coupon is history, its up to the person to know their benefits.

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

Not true. We were able to get our free drinks at most bars around the ship.

I guess that's true with the exception of we were told only last sea day  brunch, when we called the ship desk. And no one answers the Diamond number.

Edited by BasicSailor

27 minutes ago, NW Native1 said:

I didn't even have to ask to get my free drink. The bartender at Pig & Anchor applied the credit without even asking!

Yeah, I was wondering how that works. Was thinking to use it for an expensive drink but, not too sure if that works after reading post #4.

Did not know this.  Was on the Breeze last month and about day 3 realized there was no free drink coupon and no free bottles of water.  Figured it was the new normal.  Since we don't drink alcohol, and got all the water we wanted from the Spa, it was not a big deal.  Might have ordered a chocolate shake though...probably better off this way!

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 3:13 PM, BasicSailor said:

And now there's an upcharge on Martinis and some of their other drinks offered. The free drink options are there just less of a choice to choose from. Brings new meaning to the word free.

Very true! One of our drinks had a 'premium' spirit, but our bartender was slick and put in the system that we used top shelf, lol. So there was no upcharge!

On 11/5/2021 at 8:17 PM, NW Native1 said:

I didn't even have to ask to get my free drink. The bartender at Pig & Anchor applied the credit without even asking!

That's where I got my freebies, but I had to ask. They never mentioned it, but when I did, he said, yup, it's in the system!

19 hours ago, Badfinger said:

Did not know this.  Was on the Breeze last month and about day 3 realized there was no free drink coupon and no free bottles of water.  Figured it was the new normal.  Since we don't drink alcohol, and got all the water we wanted from the Spa, it was not a big deal.  Might have ordered a chocolate shake though...probably better off this way!

I noticed that there was not a coupon on my Miracle/Alaska cruise and thought they must've done away with that perk. Then, the last night, we ordered beers in the Red Frog and the bartender said they were free due to our gold status. Had I known, I would've gotten a drink at Alchemy, lol!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, luv2travel32 said:

I'm gold and was on the Sunrise in Oct 2021.  I was told I could only get our free drink in the MDR.  Seems like there is no consistency happening throughout Carnival's fleet.  Poor management.

You are right about no consistency. We were on Mardi Gras in Oct. & went to Guest Services. I asked about getting the free drink & was told "GOLD" no longer get a free drink. Then she said I will give you a free drink on your sign & sail card. 

On 11/5/2021 at 11:17 PM, NW Native1 said:

Same thing at the Alchemy Bar of the Pride a couple weeks ago.  I HAD forgotten, ordered my usual pre-dinner drink, the bartender took off the $10 "free" drink value from my charge.  Glad he did it, so that my wife thought to get my second drink since she does not consume alcohol.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, loohoo1 said:

I noticed that there was not a coupon on my Miracle/Alaska cruise and thought they must've done away with that perk. Then, the last night, we ordered beers in the Red Frog and the bartender said they were free due to our gold status. Had I known, I would've gotten a drink at Alchemy, lol!

Se my post above, the Alchemy drinks are just discounted as the value of the Free drink is apparently limited to $10.

On 11/5/2021 at 11:17 PM, NW Native1 said:

Same. I thought it was still coupon for see day brunch and forgot to get one. My server took my wine off without me asking.