Vibe Beach Club

Kruisn'Kay

We’re sailing on the Bliss and thinking about buying passes to the Vibe beach club. If you’ve done it, how much did you pay? Where (onboard) did you purchase the passes? I can’t buy it online in my cruise planner, not sure if that’s because it’s only available for purchase while onboard. Let me know your tips! Thanks!!

You can not buy in advance.

Pre-pandemic, you used to have to arrive at the port as the sun rose to be the very first through security, get through check-in and get boarding group 1 when the terminal opened at 10:00. Then run through the ship as soon as boarding started to get a pass (because frequent cruisers get to board first and only scraps are left for general boarding). Only a few passes are sold for the 2000-4500 passengers. 

Now, you have to arrive at your designated test time. 

@BirdTravelsis exactly right.  It was a mad run to get a Vibe Pass.  You also had to take your guest with you because only one pass per guest was given.  With the ships being 50% to 65% filled right now, it might not be as much of a benefit as it was with a filled ship.  Just my two cents on that one.

I share this because you "Might" not have to run to get the pass.  The normal area's won't be as crowded as they have been and no kids will be onboard for a time.  So, this decision is up to you.

Hope that helped. 

Anyone know if they expanded the Vibe on the Bliss? Deck plans show Vibe starboard and then  public areas on the port side (deck 19).

NCL deck plans for the Joy show the exact same configuration, however, during dry dock in 2019 Vibe was expanded to include the public area on the port side as well almost doubling the capacity.

Edited by aero777

@BirdTravels and @Sthrngary thank you for your insights and information! With the Bliss sailing at half capacity, I’ll pass on the vibe beach club for now; I didn’t consider that! So thank you for bringing that to my attention. Plus, I don’t like the idea of starting my vacation with a mad dash to guest services…lol! Thank you both!

• Like 1

Just got off BLISS last Sunday.  Whatever you do, don't waste your money on Vibe.  We did and it was a huge mistake.  She said $209.  I said ok.   Then I found out was per person!  So $418 later.  Live and learn. On this cruise the first and last day are too cold to lay out.  So forget Vibe those days.  Then 2.5 days in port when you generally won't use it as you will be ashore.  So if you get two full days of Vibe use you are lucky.  Also nothing is really included but a chair in a private area.  Yes they come around with fruit skewers and cold towels ... but for $209 I guess I might expect more.  Also the ship was only at 50% occupancy and no kids, so plenty of other seating available even though the main pool area did get crowded (it's so poorly designed).  The area right outside Vibe has it's own bar, hot tub, and even the very same padded loungers that Vibe had.  It's was basically Vibe without the extra charge.  That made paying for Vibe sting even more.  Just use that lovely area outside Vibe and save your $$.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, aero777 said:

Anyone know if they expanded the Vibe on the Bliss? Deck plans show Vibe starboard and then  public areas on the port side (deck 19).

NCL deck plans for the Joy show the exact same configuration, however, during dry dock in 2019 Vibe was expanded to include the public area on the port side as well almost doubling the capacity.

It's only on the starboard side and not expanded .... although the port side has the same padded chairs as Vibe, but it's open for anyone to use.  On these cruises at 50% with no kids, Vibe is a total waste of $$.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, eroller said:

It's only on the starboard side and not expanded .... although the port side has the same padded chairs as Vibe, but it's open for anyone to use.  On these cruises at 50% with no kids, Vibe is a total waste of $$.  

Wow, fantastic assessment of Vibe. When it was $99 people would complain about the price but we had no problem doing Vibe, loved it.  We always meet the nicest people up there and the bartenders can really make or break the Vibe experience. One amenity I really liked was the huge umbrellas they would setup for me. Even sailing out of warm Miami there would be one or two days of brutal winds, making it unusable.

Now, with the price increase plus a nice tip to the bartenders it just isn’t worth it to us anymore. 

Glad to hear they still have the free public area and  we will definitely check it out.

Edited by aero777
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, aero777 said:

Now, with the price increase plus a nice tip to the bartenders it just isn’t worth it to us anymore. 

Glad to hear they still have the free public area and  we will definitely check it out.

Totally agree.  At $99 it was still pricey but worth it to escape the kids, crowds, and noise.  At $209 NCL has taken price gouging to new levels.  All just to have an adult area with peace and quiet. Doesn’t seem quite right.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, eroller said:

Totally agree.  At $99 it was still pricey but worth it to escape the kids, crowds, and noise.  At $209 NCL has taken price gouging to new levels.  All just to have an adult area with peace and quiet. Doesn’t seem quite right.  

While I respect your opinion of what the value of Vibe is to you, I think the stampede of people rushing to buy passes indicates that the majority are of a different opinion.

It would appear, and I agree, that at $99 Vibe was under priced.

Far more than an adult area with peace and quiet, it is the additional ammenities, the personalized service, the opportunity to socialize with others in the Vibe, and the simple fact that you dodn't have to deal with the whole chair-hog drama that makes the Vibe worth it for people.

Even at the new pricing level, Vibe is only $30 per day for a 7 day cruise. 

Looking at my upcoming Joy cruise, 1 day at a resort is between $109 and $149 in Roatan. On Harvest Caye they want $349 for 1 day in a cabana (about $87 per person if you have max occupancy). You pay $69 for 1 day at the beach in Costa Maya. Finally, in Cozumel a day at a beach resort is between $49 and $85.

Vibe beats all of that hands down.

IMHO

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SeaShark said:

While I respect your opinion of what the value of Vibe is to you, I think the stampede of people rushing to buy passes indicates that the majority are of a different opinion.

It more indicate great marketing by NCL.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SeaShark said:

It would appear, and I agree, that at $99 Vibe was under priced.

I’m never one to go with the majority.  You’re certainly entitled to your opinion as am I.  Perhaps NCL should charge $600 per person for 7 days?  Might as well jack it up as high as possible.  

Personally I don’t care what resorts charge.  That is not how I vacation.  I do sail often and on most cruise lines.  I’m not loyal to any but sailing on so many provides me perspective, and obviously I have a different value proposition than you which is fine.  You pay what you’re comfortable with and I’ll do the same.  

7 hours ago, eroller said:

You’re certainly entitled to your opinion as am I.  

You pay what you’re comfortable with and I’ll do the same.  

Good way to think, but can we do it without the judgmental "doesn't seem quite right" comments? Just because something isn't your cup of tea (which, as you point out, is fine) that doesn't mean that we have to throw shade on someone else's cup of tea.

BTW, if supply and demand justify it, there is nothing wrong with it going to a $600 price. They aren't in business to give everything possible for the lowest price imaginable. $600 for an entire week is still cheaper than what you pay for a cabana on GSC for just a few hours. Pricing should be what the market will bear. 

Trust me, if the price is really too high, they will lower it once they realize that nobody is buying.

4 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Good way to think, but can we do it without the judgmental "doesn't seem quite right" comments? Just because something isn't your cup of tea (which, as you point out, is fine) that doesn't mean that we have to throw shade on someone else's cup of tea.

I'll express my opinion and make comments (good or bad) just like anyone else.  If you don't like it, tough.  I suggest you block me.  This is called "cruise critic" after all.    

19 minutes ago, eroller said:

I'll express my opinion and make comments (good or bad) just like anyone else.  If you don't like it, tough.  I suggest you block me.  This is called "cruise critic" after all.    

Nobody ever said you couldn't...and right back at you. Its a two way street.

Not that anyone asked what the name of the site was, but since you mentioned it, yes...this is Cruise Critic.  

And that is "Critic" as in:

"one who expresses a reasoned opinion on any matter especially involving a judgment of its value, truth, righteousness, beauty, or technique"

...it does not mean "Critic" as in:

"One who tends to make harsh or carping judgments; a faultfinder".

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Nobody ever said you couldn't...and right back at you. Its a two way street.

Not that anyone asked what the name of the site was, but since you mentioned it, yes...this is Cruise Critic.  

And that is "Critic" as in:

"one who expresses a reasoned opinion on any matter especially involving a judgment of its value, truth, righteousness, beauty, or technique"

...it does not mean "Critic" as in:

"One who tends to make harsh or carping judgments; a faultfinder".

Thanks so much for explaining the posting guidelines of cruise critic to me.  You're good for a laugh that is for sure ... but my time is more valuable.   Ignored.  

Edited by eroller

20 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

You might have been thinking of Getaway. VIBE on that ship expanded to become the largest VIBE in the fleet.

Nope it was Joy, unless they have since changed it. 
81DC2A94-FDE4-4D93-9433-175B3B89B2DF.thumb.jpeg.a861409b3e9740e8a841737b62b743ce.jpeg

You can see the new entrance is off the corner of the bar that use to be public.

I know the Encore Vibe has (or had) both starboard and port and the deck 20 sun deck, which I thought made it the largest. 🤷‍♀️

5B69D9E7-2409-4AC2-BF2F-0969259C8AEF.thumb.jpeg.c63f2c0872f5c922df3a063edc7dcf0c.jpeg

1 hour ago, aero777 said:

I know the Encore Vibe has (or had) both starboard and port and the deck 20 sun deck, which I thought made it the largest.

I haven't done any measurements but I figured that Encore's larger Haven sundeck made Getaway's VIBE (still with a small corner Haven sundeck) larger. 

If Joy did (or will) expand to both port and starboard, it would be a shame. In Encore's case, NCL should make VIBE smaller and let the port side turn into a mini-Spice H2O. The front part of the ship would still be adult-only with a good mix of complimentary, reasonable upcharge, and Haven-only access. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only

• 8 months later...

So after you buy the weeklong pass for the Vibe, is there any other cost?  Do you have to rent the Cabanas or anything else?  Going Dec/22 during the holidays, and think it will be a good idea to a quieter spot on the ship.