Experience with “yellow lane”

Sn0cruiser

I finished our health status for our upcoming Cruise and since we’re flying in from Canada (yes to the internatIonal in last 14 days question), we’re now in the yellow lane.

Does anyone have experience with what that entails ?  

29 minutes ago, Sn0cruiser said:

I finished our health status for our upcoming Cruise and since we’re flying in from Canada (yes to the internatIonal in last 14 days question), we’re now in the yellow lane.

It's been that way since Day 1 with the App. Not sure if it still says it, but at one time it also called you "Unwell" if you answered Yes to that question.  AFAIK, all it means is that you would end up in the checkin line on Embarkation Day, which you would do anyway as that's the only way us Canadians can pick up our Medallions.  It can't possibly be any issue since by definition, every non-US citizen sailing out of the US, for example, would have answered the same way.

Sorry - wasn’t clear.  

I understood that that’s likely what would happen as soon as I said yes to that question.

I wanted to understand from someone that has actually been through it what the « enhanced screening » actually involved.

I like having my ducks in a row so I’m not scrambling in line to open apps or get hold of paperwork and as a result holding other people up.  

I don't know where you're sailing from, but when we left from San Francisco last Sunday there wasn't a yellow lane. There were blue lane and medallion pick up lanes. Green lane didn't exist since after you went through security and health  check, you went directly to the waiting area to board the ship. 

UK Experience only  - We had the Unwell yellow status after getting off a 7 day cruise with 3 ports in Europe on another line and getting on Regal Princess the same day. All we had to do was confirm the countries visited at the pre-check in area and were then changed immediately to Green Lane on their system.

Admittedly they had to check with a supervisor since it was a pretty new process (like the app hadn't been updated to allow for more recent changes in travel)

Edited by dides
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sn0cruiser said:

I finished our health status for our upcoming Cruise and since we’re flying in from Canada (yes to the international in last 14 days question), we’re now in the yellow lane.

You should not be answering that question "YES".  As long as you did not travel truly international, the correct answer is "NO".  Canada-USA is not considered international for this purpose.  Suggest you update your questionnaire.

4 hours ago, lx200gps said:

It's been that way since Day 1 with the App. Not sure if it still says it, but at one time it also called you "Unwell" if you answered Yes to that question.  AFAIK, all it means is that you would end up in the checkin line on Embarkation Day, which you would do anyway as that's the only way us Canadians can pick up our Medallions.  It can't possibly be any issue since by definition, every non-US citizen sailing out of the US, for example, would have answered the same way.

(See my note to OP above).  Actually, there is a way to get Medallions.  You can ship them to your pre-cruise hotel in FL (any US port of embarkation).  I have done this - just ask the hotel first and alert them that a small package will arrive before you do.  Worst case - you pick one up at the pier if doesn't make it.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

You should not be answering that question "YES".  As long as you did not travel truly international, the correct answer is "NO".  Canada-USA is not considered international for this purpose.  Suggest you update your questionnaire.

We answered no to this when we flew to Seattle from Vancouver in August,  IIRC I found the information about this on the Princess website.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sn0cruiser said:

We boarded the Emerald Panama Canal cruise on Oct. 15th and we were yellow lane for the same reason.  They just took us to the medical officer and we told him why we were yellow lane.  He checked our COVID test and vaccination documents, easy peasy.  It added about 2 minutes to the boarding process and he mentioned that “they were supposed to remove that question”

Edited by CruiserRob
Autocorrect errors

15 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

(See my note to OP above).  Actually, there is a way to get Medallions.  You can ship them to your pre-cruise hotel in FL (any US port of embarkation).  I have done this - just ask the hotel first and alert them that a small package will arrive before you do.  Worst case - you pick one up at the pier if doesn't make it.

Fair enough. We never bother with that and simply pick up the Medallions at check in at he pier as it adds no time to the process for us anyway.

14 hours ago, Sprocket said:

We answered no to this when we flew to Seattle from Vancouver in August,  IIRC I found the information about this on the Princess website.

I've searched both the Princess site and the Medallion app and can't find the statement. As at today, when I answer Yes to the question and input Canada as the country I've travelled To (actually From) I am still flagged yellow and called Not Well. When I answer No, all is well and I'm back to Green Lane. No big deal either way, but if Princess now considers Canada-US travel as not international travel, it would be great if they made it clearer...

42 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

I've searched both the Princess site and the Medallion app and can't find the statement. As at today, when I answer Yes to the question and input Canada as the country I've travelled To (actually From) I am still flagged yellow and called Not Well. When I answer No, all is well and I'm back to Green Lane. No big deal either way, but if Princess now considers Canada-US travel as not international travel, it would be great if they made it clearer...

I just did the same and I do not recall where I saw or heard that.  Perhaps it was a note in MC App earlier?  Probably not.  I don't see anything listed in the FAQ at this time.  Perhaps it was in response to a direct question I posed to Princess since it would affect 100% of non-Americans if interpreted literally.  They do not consider travel to the ship to be international travel for purposes of that question.  It should be made clearer on their website FAQ's. 

After checking, I see that I made an email inquiry back in July about the 14-day question since it would put virtually everyone in Yellow Lane for a Europe departure and all Canadians - potentially - for a Florida/California departure.  Same for Americans with a Vancouver departure.  I am not sure if anything was noted on the website in the past, but I probably got the answer from a senior CR rep back in the summer in direct conversation. 

12 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I just did the same and I do not recall where I saw or heard that.  Perhaps it was a note in MC App earlier?  Probably not.  I don't see anything listed in the FAQ at this time.  Perhaps it was in response to a direct question I posed to Princess since it would affect 100% of non-Americans if interpreted literally.  They do not consider travel to the ship to be international travel for purposes of that question.  It should be made clearer on their website FAQ's. 

After checking, I see that I made an email inquiry back in July about the 14-day question since it would put virtually everyone in Yellow Lane for a Europe departure and all Canadians - potentially - for a Florida/California departure.  Same for Americans with a Vancouver departure.  I am not sure if anything was noted on the website in the past, but I probably got the answer from a senior CR rep back in the summer in direct conversation. 

Excellent, thanks. I note the comment above where one of the doctors even said it supposed to be removed  ;o)  Any way, we board the Sky at PE in less than two weeks, we'll see what happens.  Since we always arrive way ahead of actual boarding, a few extra minutes spent in bureaucratic limbo over this simply means a few less minutes sitting the PES lounge waiting to board.

I sailed last month on the Grand. I did not use a smart phone so no app. I got to the pier and did a manual check in. It took less then 5 minutes to do everything. They scanned my passport and checked my covid passport and the negative covid test I took within 48 hours. They scanned my credit card and off I went to embarkation. No worries folks, they will take care of you at the pier as long as you have the things they need like the covid stuff.