Suite room service and guests

KimA75

We are in a sky level suite on our upcoming cruise.  It is our first time in any kind of suite.  I believe we can order room service from MDR for dinner.  However, we would love to have dinner in room, or on the balcony, at least once with my mother and mother-in-law.  Are we able to order meals for them to our room as well if they are only booked in balcony rooms?  So, instead of a dinner for the four of us, can we order dinner for six?

9 minutes ago, KimA75 said:

We are in a sky level suite on our upcoming cruise.  It is our first time in any kind of suite.  I believe we can order room service from MDR for dinner.  However, we would love to have dinner in room, or on the balcony, at least once with my mother and mother-in-law.  Are we able to order meals for them to our room as well if they are only booked in balcony rooms?  So, instead of a dinner for the four of us, can we order dinner for six?

Order all you want. Space might be an issue, though

10 minutes ago, KimA75 said:

There isnt a count on meals. They wouldnt know if you were extra hungry so wanted 2 entrees or who wanted what. I cant see it being a issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KimA75 said:

Order as much as you want.

Room service is my favourite venue,it’s fresh and lots of it.

You will have a Phone number and menu to the kitchen on a flyer in your cabin .If you want a big steak or lobster they will do it but there could be a small upcharge.

You can order anything in the kitchen and then there the regular room service menu. The hamburger Royal is fantastic.

I like to do it on formal night so I don’t have to dress up .

• Like 2

they do ask for how many people but thats just so they bring the right number of bundles of silverware. i loved MDR in the suite when i was tired one nite. ditto the free room service

the coffee table on the CLS balcony was a bit small so we just ate on the coffee  table. didnt feel like pulling out the dining room table. 

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

yes it's very handy

I wonder if they can bring extra chairs for the other side instead of the bench style seat.   That is the room we will be in and I was thinking the kids could eat at the coffee table. I would prefer two more chairs than that bench for the adults though. 

2 hours ago, KimA75 said:

I wonder if they can bring extra chairs for the other side instead of the bench style seat.   That is the room we will be in and I was thinking the kids could eat at the coffee table. I would prefer two more chairs than that bench for the adults though. 

You are in a suite,you are a first class passenger.

I don’t think it would be a problem.If your cabin attendant can’t help ,I’m sure the concierge will.

There’s also the chairs on the balcony ,extra chairs may get in the way a bit.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, KimA75 said:

I wonder if they can bring extra chairs for the other side instead of the bench style seat.

I have found that between the chairs on the balcony and the extra chairs in the room (like at the desk) we usually have no problem with seating.

• Like 1