$150 assessed on Sail and Sign card for unvaccinated guests?

MrsPhim

Does this include unvaccinated children (we have 2 under 12)? So basically we have to get them tested within 72 hours but they have to be tested again for the antigen test at embarkation and we are being charged $150? Sorry just don’t want to be confused and miss anything

CEE6D18D-042A-4354-B367-3459556BBD16.jpeg

13 hours ago, mondello said:

The number of guests subject to this charge will be greatly reduced as the 5-11 year olds become fully vaccinated.

That will still take some time as only Pfizer now has emergency authorization for 5-11 year olds. So first dose, wait 3 weeks for second dose, and then another 2 weeks to be considered fully vaccinated. Plus, I have read on these boards how that wait 2 weeks is somehow actually 15 days, not 14. So, it will still be quite awhile until there are fully vaccinated children under 12.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

That will still take some time as only Pfizer now has emergency authorization for 5-11 year olds. So first dose, wait 3 weeks for second dose, and then another 2 weeks to be considered fully vaccinated. Plus, I have read on these boards how that wait 2 weeks is somehow actually 15 days, not 14. So, it will still be quite awhile until there are fully vaccinated children under 12.

We all know incorrect information may be posted on the Internet. Best to depend on Carnival for Carnival information.

Proof of vaccination, as follows, will be required at the terminal in advance of boarding:

• Original vaccination record issued by the country’s health authority that administered the vaccination (i.e., U.S. CDC's Vaccination Record Card). Copies or photos are not accepted.
  • A digital COVID-19 Certificate (QR code acceptable), a record of COVID-19 vaccination from a healthcare provider (original digital email accepted), a personal electronic health record or government Immunization Information System record is also acceptable.
  • The name and birth date on the vaccination record must match the guest’s travel documents and show the guest is fully vaccinated. The vaccination dates must indicate the guest has completed the required doses no later than 14 days prior to the sailing date. This means that on embarkation day, a minimum of 15 days must have passed since the final dose was received. Vaccine type, dates administered, and lot numbers must be clearly visible.
  • Like 1

For any unvaccinated passenger, you must agree to the $150 test while on the ship. The unvaccinated passenger also has to be tested within 72 hours of embarkation. So, if you have 2 under 12 that are unvaccinated, they both have to be tested 3 or less days prior to getting to the port, then get tested at the port, and again the day before debarkation (I believe the last part is correct).

On 11/7/2021 at 7:21 AM, ontheweb said:

I wanted to pass along that we cruise Dec. 11 and my 10 year old was able to get the vaccine last week. Second shot will be just before Thanksgiving making day 15 for Carnival the Thursday before we cruise. I just need to make sure Carnival puts that on our sailing as it shows a waiver right now.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, photodude416 said:

I wanted to pass along that we cruise Dec. 11 and my 10 year old was able to get the vaccine last week. Second shot will be just before Thanksgiving making day 15 for Carnival the Thursday before we cruise. I just need to make sure Carnival puts that on our sailing as it shows a waiver right now.

By the dates you gave, was the first jab Nov 2?

51 minutes ago, photodude416 said:

Glad that worked out for the vaccination for your child. Hopefully, you will not have to jump through too many hoops for Carnival to recognize your child will be considered fully vaccinated before your cruise.

2 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Glad that worked out for the vaccination for your child. Hopefully, you will not have to jump through too many hoops for Carnival to recognize your child will be considered fully vaccinated before your cruise.

As the OP's sailing is probably the first sailing in which a child aged 5-11 can sail as vaccinated, the cruise line will definitely know the dates for the first jab and second jab 21 days later to be qualified as vaccinated on the sailing.

Hopefully, his calculations and Carnival's agree.

For our 4 day cruise back in July/August, our sail and sign account was not charged anything for the embarkation test.  I was really curious since the wording from the Have Fun Be Safe protocols indicated we would only have our daughter take the embarkation test due to the short cruise duration, I was going to try to "politely suggest" to Carnival that we should only be charged $75.  But we we not invoiced at all.  I was worried that it was a slip up and it would eventually be caught and added several days after the trip was over, but it never was.

I am not sure if any other parents have had a 4 day cruise can share if they had to pay the $150 or not?  I can't see that being the case and really think ours was just a fluke miss by Carnival.

6 hours ago, csoud68 said:

What idiots would pay this fee? No way I'd ever sail if I had to go through that.

$150 for a Covid test sounds like a lot. But $150 added to the total cost of a vacation for 4 is insignificant. Plenty of people spend that much on 1 shore excursion. If you routinely budget for cheers, gambling, or shore excursions; $150 for Covid tests so your child can go is a better use of money. We recently took a trip where we had to get 3 tests, and not one of them was free.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 6:14 PM, MrsPhim said:

Does this include unvaccinated children (we have 2 under 12)? So basically we have to get them tested within 72 hours but they have to be tested again for the antigen test at embarkation and we are being charged $150? Sorry just don’t want to be confused and miss anything

CEE6D18D-042A-4354-B367-3459556BBD16.jpeg

YEP!

On 11/11/2021 at 8:10 PM, csoud68 said:

What idiots would pay this fee? No way I'd ever sail if I had to go through that.

Who do you expect to cover the cost of a non-essential COVID-19 test?  $150 is cheaper than most providers attempt to bill insurance companies.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 2:54 PM, Homosassa said:

As the OP's sailing is probably the first sailing in which a child aged 5-11 can sail as vaccinated, the cruise line will definitely know the dates for the first jab and second jab 21 days later to be qualified as vaccinated on the sailing.

Hopefully, his calculations and Carnival's agree.

I called Carnival and they said to call back after the second shot and they will remove the code for my 10 yr old's exemption making him vaccinated on the booking. Oh, If anyone was in a crunch, Children's Hospital says the second shot can be anytime after a minimum of 17 days from the first shot.