Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

32 minutes ago, federalexpress said:

I'm on the cruise after you- different itinerary but some similarities. Have you been told when and where your white night is? If it's held outside, it can surely only be Puerto Madryn?

No information about the schedule for white night that I’m aware of. 

On 1/7/2023 at 8:37 AM, aliaschief said:

We are thoroughly enjoying our second Azamara experience and looking forward to more. We feel our Continental Suite 8033 will definitely meet our needs for the 2024 World Cruise.

We're in cabin 8033 in April.  Thank you so much for the pictures!  We picked the cabin pretty randomly, so I'm happy to see that it was a good choice.

• Like 1

We enjoyed our Azamazing evening last night. Bussed to Bridgetown’, Barbados large cricket stadium we were treated to a Carnival like atmosphere with lots of steel drums, singers, dancers in lavish costumes.

It was a nice evening of enjoying the history, culture and music of the island.

Upon return to the ship we were offered flutes of bubbly at the gangway and the ships band playing outdoors on the promenade.

A classy way to end the day after catamaran, snorkeling, buffet an our Amazing evening.

Arrive Dominica at 1:00 PM.

image.thumb.jpeg.0cb6d697c44d80355f5b610fa46d4c99.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ef1e01a8f22128e983a0f794603507a6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4372648fe1c479755fd73061b3d04adf.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.969f961f39f7fa44ad349cee03029d9b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5d9b9bcf75459efc82f21649ab2c78f3.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Any updates from the current cruise with the Pursuit? How is the on board experience? Are the outside venues open for meals?
Ivi

Ivi, right now they are in Antarctica so doubt very much if the Patio is open for evening meals. I expect it to be open when we board in Rio in march…

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, oddjob16 said:

Ivi, right now they are in Antarctica so doubt very much if the Patio is open for evening meals. I expect it to be open when we board in Rio in march…

Thank you but before they get to Antartica I believe they are days and nights in Argentina and Uruguay. Today 37 degrees Celsius in Buenos Aires. Maybe they are open at least for lunch?

Ivi

3 hours ago, MamaFej said:

For what it's worth, on deck dining was open throughout our Antarctica expedition cruise last month, with the exception of a day and a half of rough seas crossing the Drake on the way back up. 

Which Silversea ship were you on and how rough were the seas and how did the ship handle it? We're leaving for an Antarctica expedition cruise on Atlas' World Traveller on Jan 26.

Thanks,

Kevin

Edited by kml246

1 minute ago, kml246 said:

Which Silversea ship were you on and how rough were the seas and how did the ship handle it? We're leaving for an Antarctica expedition cruise on Atlas' World Traveller on Jan 26.

Thanks,

Kevin

We were on the Silver Wind. We had the Drake Lake on the way south. We had about 30 hours of Drake Shake on the way up, but not nearly as bad as it is known to get sometimes. 

Enjoy! Antarctica is utterly amazing! I'm glad you're doing an expedition. Actually setting foot on land is a wonderful experience. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

We were on the Silver Wind. We had the Drake Lake on the way south. We had about 30 hours of Drake Shake on the way up, but not nearly as bad as it is known to get sometimes. 

Enjoy! Antarctica is utterly amazing! I'm glad you're doing an expedition. Actually setting foot on land is a wonderful experience. 

We had dinner with friends last night who were on the Silver Wind in mid-December. I'm not sure what the sailing date is, but they left Florida on December 10 to fly to Santiago. Their names were Rob & Sue, and they were traveling with their daughter and SIL plus two young grandchildren. They had a great time, too. 

We're looking forward to the trip - Nan is just nervous about the crossing. 

Kevin

15 minutes ago, kml246 said:

We had dinner with friends last night who were on the Silver Wind in mid-December. I'm not sure what the sailing date is, but they left Florida on December 10 to fly to Santiago. Their names were Rob & Sue, and they were traveling with their daughter and SIL plus two young grandchildren. They had a great time, too. 

We're looking forward to the trip - Nan is just nervous about the crossing. 

Kevin

They were with us on the December 12 expedition.  I didn't speak to them directly, but did notice them. The children were very well-behaved. The girl helped to demonstrate how long certain whales are by taking a length of rope up and away from the stage during one of our briefings. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MamaFej said:

They were with us on the December 12 expedition.  I didn't speak to them directly, but did notice them. The children were very well-behaved. The girl helped to demonstrate how long certain whales are by taking a length of rope up and away from the stage during one of our briefings. 

That's so nice to hear. I'm glad you all enjoyed the experience.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Onboard the Journey, departing Cape Town on 4 March for Lisbon, up the west coast of Africa.   A nearly, but not quite, full house of 585 passengers.  A fair amount of following winds and seas as we left Cape Town, so more roll/pitch than we expected—not bad, but noticeable.  Temp on high 60’s F, so sitting on deck not enticing for long periods.

First two dinners in MDR have been very good—food hot, service excellent.  Patio has not been open for dinner, yet…

Senior Officers on board include:

Captain Filip Adelfoulakos

Hotel Director Tomasz Jadczyk

Cruise Director Stephen Millet

Asst CD Sarah Hughes

F&B manager Mario Kucko

Chef Shijumon

Loyalty/ Future Cruise  Tine Schils

Of note, Daniel from Croatia, who was the manager of the specialty restaurants on the Quest for the past 12 years, is now the manager for all restaurants on the Journey.

After having this cruise cancelled out from under us at least twice since 2020  (quite a few other passengers in the same boat, so to speak…), we are looking forward to lots of sea days, punctuated by strange and mysterious ports.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2