Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

13 minutes ago, tgg said:

We've gone through full hurricane prep here in Sarasota. We'll see what Hurricane Milton brings on Wednesday and hope for the best. I've never been through this before and it is terrifying. Hope you stay safe in Ft. Meyers.

Just was worrying about you!  The storm surge is going to be fierce…I hope you are not right near the coast?

4 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

Just was worrying about you!  The storm surge is going to be fierce…I hope you are not right near the coast?

We're 6 miles inland so storm surge isn't a problem. However, if the winds continue at 180 mph, things will be flattened. We're surrounded by large trees. We'll move in tomorrow or Wednesday with a friend who has more storm protection than we have. We've stockpiled water and non-perishable food. We'll lose power and the heat will be a lot to contend with.

Guess we should have stayed up North for another week or two.🥵

• Like 1

I have 2 extra bedrooms in the Florida panhandle if you would like to evacuate and stay here. I'm close to seaside. It's a bit of a hike but know you are welcome. I grew up on the Texas coast and was flooded twice.  It's rough.  Stay safe. 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, tgg said:

We're 6 miles inland so storm surge isn't a problem. However, if the winds continue at 180 mph, things will be flattened. We're surrounded by large trees. We'll move in tomorrow or Wednesday with a friend who has more storm protection than we have. We've stockpiled water and non-perishable food. We'll lose power and the heat will be a lot to contend with.

Yes, the heat and humidity is not fun afterwards….and usually so much outside cleanup to do!  
We will be praying for all of you who may be affected. Stay safe everyone!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, java spot said:

I have 2 extra bedrooms in the Florida panhandle if you would like to evacuate and stay here. I'm close to seaside. It's a bit of a hike but know you are welcome. I grew up on the Texas coast and was flooded twice.  It's rough.  Stay safe. 

Wish we could take you up on this incredibly kind and generous offer. The roads heading North are jammed. We'll make the best of a bad situation and hope we meet you on a future cruise. Thanks again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Yes, the heat and humidity is not fun afterwards…

Exactly why I am hoping the winds are within reason and we do not lose power.  We appear to be on the edge of or just outside the cone of concern.  I can deal with preparing and securing everything not attached, freezing gallon water jugs and managing the perishables, and dealing with the yard clean up afterward, but if I have to sleep on the tile floor without a/c for eight days like after Hurricane Irma I will be cranky.  Trying to stay optimistic for all of those in a less favorable location than us, but I am very anxious about this epic catastrophe raging toward Florida.

• Like 2

Can I echo what Phil says. For us, facing an extreme storm barrelling down on you is unimaginable. Stay safe, stay strong and remember everything is replaceable except you and your loved ones 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

19 hours ago, tgg said:

Hi Toni, Joe and I are thinking about you and John hoping for the best.  Lynn and Joe, Lima to Miami, March 2023.

33 minutes ago, seaventuregal said:

Hi Toni, Joe and I are thinking about you and John hoping for the best.  Lynn and Joe, Lima to Miami, March 2023.

Hi Lynne, I'm remembering all the great trips we took with you, and that last wonderful dinner we had with you under the stars. Thanks for remembering. Toni

Prayers to all those in the probable path of monster hurricane Milton. T must be scary to think about evacuating and hoping your home survives. I am on the Journey now. Capt. Antonio did a great job of steering us away from Hurricane Kirk . We did have some rough seas though. Today it is sunny and waves have died down allot. Hopefully White Night on the pool deck! 
Yes Journey shows some cosmetic wear in places like the railings and overhead pipes. But I am in a Continental suite and it all looks brand new. Beautiful cabin. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tango9 said:

Prayers to all those in the probable path of monster hurricane Milton. T must be scary to think about evacuating and hoping your home survives. I am on the Journey now. Capt. Antonio did a great job of steering us away from Hurricane Kirk . We did have some rough seas though. Today it is sunny and waves have died down allot. Hopefully White Night on the pool deck! 
Yes Journey shows some cosmetic wear in places like the railings and overhead pipes. But I am in a Continental suite and it all looks brand new. Beautiful cabin. 

Glad to hear you skirted the storm.  Any chance if you’re out and about for a walk you could take a peak at the spa deck (maybe even a photo or 2) and report back? We will board in a month and we are contemplating purchasing access to that deck.  We have extra OBC but if there’s no shade or space it won’t be worth it in the Caribbean.  Thanks.

Just arrived on Quest today outside Venice at the Chioggia pier.  So excited to be back on board.  

Interesting to us is the note in the Insider stating Wifi is complementary.  Checked with the Intouch person and he confirmed, it started today.  Don't know if this is just on this Croatia intensive trip or will be for all cruises in the future.  You can upgrade a level for $10 per day.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ginny123 said:

Just arrived on Quest today outside Venice at the Chioggia pier.  So excited to be back on board.  

Interesting to us is the note in the Insider stating Wifi is complementary.  Checked with the Intouch person and he confirmed, it started today.  Don't know if this is just on this Croatia intensive trip or will be for all cruises in the future.  You can upgrade a level for $10 per day.

Hmm free wifi is interesting.  I wonder what this means to the loyalty perk of free minutes on the lower tier wifi. Not much of a perk if everyone gets.  Maybe they’ll offer the higher speed. 🤔

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Whitby100 said:

Hmm free wifi is interesting.  I wonder what this means to the loyalty perk of free minutes on the lower tier wifi. Not much of a perk if everyone gets.  Maybe they’ll offer the higher speed. 🤔

And hopefully the higher speed will be offered at the old price, $7.95/day, rather than $10 for the 'upgrade.'

20 hours ago, Whitby100 said:

Glad to hear you skirted the storm.  Any chance if you’re out and about for a walk you could take a peak at the spa deck (maybe even a photo or 2) and report back? We will board in a month and we are contemplating purchasing access to that deck.  We have extra OBC but if there’s no shade or space it won’t be worth it in the Caribbean.  Thanks.

This is the Sanctum Spa deck area. Nice jacuzzi. Usually there are lounge chairs out but it was raining

IMG_3097.jpeg

IMG_3096.jpeg

IMG_3095.jpeg

On 8/26/2024 at 6:52 PM, Mackdogmolly said:

Can anyone on board Quest tell me if the Euro ATM is working right now?

Thanks!

I have the same question.... Thanks!

On 10/9/2024 at 1:51 PM, Whitby100 said:

Spa Terrace space is fine. On the transatlantic, there were never more than a few people there at any time, which would possibly not be true in the Caribbean. 

Shade is a little harder to come by. There are a few umbrellas around that help, but it is hard to get a full lounger shaded by one. In the first two photos above, you can see the roof overhang that provides shade for that end of the pool and for some seating at the back of the Spa Terrace. I was always able to find shaded seating under the overhang…on the few days there was actual sunshine. 

On 10/10/2024 at 9:14 AM, ginny123 said:

On Journey now the upgrade to premium Internet is $25 per day.

Edited by Belfastman

2 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Yikes!😳 

Could be doing as they did with specialty dining and drinks packages trying different things on different ships to see how passengers react. Current management does seem to be slowly fine tuning the product, wonder what’s next?